By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - (Rumor) Project Cafe QFHD Resolution?

5 – It will support resolutions (QFHD) Quad Full High Definition, but early games will be 1080p only.

What is QFHD -Resolutions of 3840 x 2160

I wonder if this has something to do with streaming video to all four controller screens at once.  Not that I really trust any of these rumors yet.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
Switch - Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (2014/2017)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links

Around the Network
Gnac said:
Icyedge said:

As a business decision, pushing more then 1080P doesnt make sense. In case some dont know, more then 1080P  is hardly noticeable below 50 inches screen, and only slightly until 80-90 inches. On the other hand, the HD touch screen controller looks like something Nintendo would do.  I find its a very good idea, a bit remeniscent of the Dreamcast but a good idea nonetheless.

This is just a wild theory, but perhaps the HD craze has prepared tech providers for future leaps in resolution, and now that such a thing is no longer limited by the Z-axis of TV set dimensions, manufacturers are more free to wave their cocks about.

TEN YEAR PLAN

TEN YEAR PLAN

TEN YEAR PLAN

The worlds software and hardware companies just spend billions and billions of dollars upgrading hardware and softare just to get us up to 1080p and even that still isn't fully widespread.

3840 x 2160 is 4 times the pixels of 1920 x 1080.  The hardware and software companies are nowhere near ready to make that kidn of financial investment again.   Especially given that, as Icyedge note, that resolution is not very well suited for general public applications.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

megaman79# Well he got a damn good point. Common 3DS don't have that good graphics for 2011.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=130023&page=1# Official Playstation Vita Thread! Come in and join!!!

15 year plan confirmed

Click this button, you know you want to!  [Subscribe]

Watch me on YouTube!

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheRadishBros

~~~~ Mario Kart 8 drove far past my expectations! Never again will I doubt the wheels of a Monster Franchise! :0 ~~~~

Pah, I'm fully expecting Nintendo to forego TV sets altogether and instead just beam the images directly into our minds.

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

Around the Network

makes sence projec cafe is a new tech, ps3 and 360 are old now, even like i said before, if cafe uses tech from a couple of years ago it still will be more powerful than ps360.

i think its sounding pretty good, but i do not like the idea of the controller

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

glimmer_of_hope said:
HappySqurriel said:

I think that Nintendo will certainly support 720p (or higher) in the next generation, and there is a moderate chance that they will support 1080p and a slim chance that they will support 3D. I don't think Nintendo would support anything beyond that, because it would be a feature that would be used by (pretty much) no one in the life of the hardware.

Cafe will support 1080p and Sterscopic 3D

I'm glad you have faith, but it isn't really Nintendo's style and it doesn't make sense to support those things at this point in time; especially if the rumours about the hardware are (somewhat) true.

I'm calling bs, it will be 1080p IMO

Frostbite Engine 3? Too bad there is no Frostbite Engine 3...

they will have enough problems running games natively on 1080p.