By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - (Rumor) Project Cafe QFHD Resolution?

Teo said:
Derixs said:

Doing some searching around i found this link.
http://coburndomain.org/index.php/2011/04/project-cafe-nintendos-next-gen-console-details-leaked-susprise-store/

Basically says:

EDIT: Just in – more confirmed facts: (this should say rumors)
1 – The console is more powerful than the PlayStation 3.
2 – Publishers are developing games for it.
3 – The new console is compatible with the Wii software.
4 – Nintendo will unveil the new console at E3 in June 2011.
5 – It will support resolutions (QFHD) Quad Full High Definition, but early games will be 1080p only.
6 – Gamers have a new control solution, with with two analog (sticks?) and Full HD touch screen.
7 – Full support for new engines, like Unreal Engine 3, CryEngine 3 and Frostbite Engine 3.

What is QFHD -Resolutions of 3840 x 2160
http://gizmodo.com/156777/quad-full-high-definition-display-3840x2160-of-ultra hd-goodness

What do you guys thinkg about this? Not sure how valid this is but it would be nice to have a futureproof console. Maybe this is Nintendo's big suprise for E3.

You forgot the last key point.

8 - Instead of trophies, you get a cookie every time you achieve a goal in a game.

And after eating your achievement, PCafe forces you to burn it off with PCFit's hula hoops

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"

Around the Network
Untamoi said:
HappySqurriel said:
Darc Requiem said:
HappySqurriel said:
glimmer_of_hope said:
HappySqurriel said:

I think that Nintendo will certainly support 720p (or higher) in the next generation, and there is a moderate chance that they will support 1080p and a slim chance that they will support 3D. I don't think Nintendo would support anything beyond that, because it would be a feature that would be used by (pretty much) no one in the life of the hardware.

Cafe will support 1080p and Sterscopic 3D

I'm glad you have faith, but it isn't really Nintendo's style and it doesn't make sense to support those things at this point in time; especially if the rumours about the hardware are (somewhat) true.

I actually agree with Glimmer of Hope on this. The 360 and PS3 are 3D capable and support 1080p. 3D support would be software and Cafe's hardware, based on what we know, should easily handle 1080p.

I don't think there is a problem with the hardware that would prevent supporting these, but I don't think Nintendo would see value in the trade-offs that would need to happen to really support 1080p or 3D; and I highly doubt that the best image quality would come from increasing the resolution.

If the rumours are true then it is not unrealistic to expect the next Nintendo system to have a GPU that is in a similar range to the Radeon HD 4870; it could be more or less powerful but that isn't really the point. In this range it is likely that you could play Crysis 2 in very high detail and maintain a steady framerate (probably 60fps) at 720p, and to have a similarly steady framerate at 1080p you would have to degrade the detail of the game at 1080p; and it would require a further degrade in detail to be rendered in 3D.

If PS3 can do 720p with 3D, Cafe with known specifications should be able to do 1080p with 3D with higher details than PS3. HD 4870 is still a lot faster than PS3 or 360 GPU (about 5-10 times faster). If HD 4870 can do 1080p with high details on most games on PC with inefficient OS it shouldn't be even difficult to do 1080p with 3D on a console.

The question isn't whether the hardware can support the resolution, it is whether the hardware can support the resolution and still support cross platform development between Sony and Microsoft's next generation platforms.

In my opinion, one of the primary reasons for Nintendo to produce hardware that is significantly more powerful than the PS3 and XBox 360 is to make the system much more viable for third party publishers to port games to than the Wii was. If Sony and Microsoft focus on 1080p and Nintendo focuses on 720p it is unlikely that either Sony or Microsoft will be able to produce a system that is powerful enough to make Nintendo's system not viable for cross-platform development while still making Sony or Microsoft's consoles cost effective for consumers.

Some of these rumours are just so silly. As if that could happen -.-'

Whatever, E3 is less than 2 weeks away..

...... xDDD

cafe will support hd. how about we leave it at that and wait till eee to see what kind . . .

NINTENDO

nintendo forever . . .

Around the Network

lol... this is the single most stupid rumor ever... i mean yeah maybe they could make it run at that resolution but lets see how many frames it can output.. i mean even pcs over $2000 struggle at lower resolutions.

This is a pretty bad joke.

4lc0h0l said:

lol... this is the single most stupid rumor ever... i mean yeah maybe they could make it run at that resolution but lets see how many frames it can output.. i mean even pcs over $2000 struggle at lower resolutions.

Can you clarify this a bit?  Unless you spent top end on everything and bought a $50 GPU, then you'd ahve problems at lower resolutions.  But no card over $175 right now has problems with 1920 x 1080 on most games with high settings.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

Viper1 said:
4lc0h0l said:

Can you clarify this a bit?  Unless you spent top end on everything and bought a $50 GPU, then you'd ahve problems at lower resolutions.  But no card over $175 right now has problems with 1920 x 1080 on most games with high settings.

The topic speaks about QFHD for Project Cafe..., when i say lower resolutions... what do u think i am talking about.. i mean lower than QFHD...

Run any game at 2560 x 1600 with filters and it doenst matter if it is a $2000 dollars PC it will still struggle and that resolution is LOW COMPARED TO QFHD...

Did i make myself clear?? =), i hope so

PD: some info: QFHD is a little more than DOUBLE the resolution of 2560x 1600... so this claim is pretty stupid..

If you build a $2,000 PC and it struggles at 2560 x 1600, you've built it wrong.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

Even tablets will be able to run at that resolution! Nintendo can do better than a mobile device, no?

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"