By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - BF3 with Move would outsell MW3 (PS3 sales only) - Poll

BF3 with Move would outsell MW3 (PS3 sales only) - Poll

Totally! Move is the only way to play FPS 78 15.98%

Too close to call 26 5.33%

BF3 gonna outsell MW3 with or without Move 74 15.16%

No but it would be a good move for BF3 119 24.39%

Not a chance MW3 is king! 191 39.14%

Total:488

This is a hypothetical at this stage, I think, as I don't even know if there's a rumour or the slightest hint of BF3 getting Move functionality, and I'm pretty sure MW3 won't. So the poll is on the basis of the hypothetical scenario that BF3 will launch with Move functionality and MW3 will not.

There's a growing number of PS3 gamers who love Move with FPS and think it's now the only way to play FPS on PS3. Personally with my limited experience with Move and FPS, and my general dislike of FPS, the only thing that does get me interested in FPS is the prospect of playing it with Move. I tried a little KZ3 (normal difficulty) with Move when my son hired KZ3 one weekend and I got to grips with it pretty well (and that was using the DS3 because I don't own a Nav controller yet). I think I will probably play the whole of the Resistance 3 campaign using Move, and we'll have a Nav controller by then. It'll be my first time ever completing a FPS game this gen.

So what do you say? Would Move functionality on BF3 be a good strategic move for BF3 in the quest to become the premier FPS franchise, on PS3 at least anyway.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Around the Network

0_o MW3 will sell 8 - 10 mill on PS3, the last BF game didn't even do that on all consoles, shipped.

while it would likely help Battlefield sales a bit this comparision is ridiculous. Call of Duty is growing as a franchise ridiculously fast on the ps3. Battlefield, sales wise, is a pretty average title. 

If battlefield 3 even gets half the sales of mw3 it will be a HUGE success and be due to its huge advertisement campaign, and word of mouth, more so than possible move compatibility. 

since players are people... people are faulty by nature... MW will sell more than BF.

Move will give BF a new perspective and a new dimension... DICE surely should go for it...

Proudest Platinums - BF: Bad Company, Killzone 2 , Battlefield 3 and GTA4

XD Thanks for making this thread. Made me laugh so hard I was crying. :D

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." -My good friend Mark Aurelius

Around the Network

it's be the better experience, with move it will get even better...but nah not in sales, not at the moment at least

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

for me battlefield is without a doubt the better game... but i'm still going to have to go with CoD selling more

Nah. Even if CoD : MW3 sells poorly compared to the previous CoD games released on the PS3 it will still outsell BF3.

Who's the best Pac, Nas, and Big. Just leave it to that.

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Slaughterhouse Is The Sh*t  .... NOW ........ B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Call of Duty sells retardedly good despite re-packaging the same BS.  It absolutely baffles me that people just keep mindlessly purchasing these games.  Activision seriously has found several golden geese lately. 

I know their formula though and it goes into why I dislike Call of Duty.  It's essentially making every game they have so easy and accessible for every type of player that it creates a sense of 'Wow I'm good at this game', even if the reality is you truly aren't.    I see it with World of Warcraft now and Call of Duty.  

Sorry but Battlefield fanchise is not huge enough.

Uncharted 3 will sell more than Battlefield 3 on PS3 and 360 combined.

I still don't know who invented the Battlefield series is HUGE.

BF3 needs to sell 10x more to top MW3.