By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - I feel a MASSIVE change in the gaming industry

@zak---let me explain--the only thing the 360 and the Ps3 offer right now is hi end graphics...that is it--if Nin wanted the could Do a Wii Heavy and bump up teh graphics to Hd level and still proably break even-

so when he says "The Wii does NOTHING the other consoles couldn't do if they wanted to"--its like saying yeah i can do that but i dont want to , but if i did i could do it

Around the Network

The wonderful thing about the console wars is that its majorly fueled by brandname like most products. This is how the Ipod and Windows can sell so much and well be... not the best choice.

Wii has just completely dominated 2007 along with the DS. The Nintenod brand is collosal and in 2008 it can't die. It just can't. It'll continue to sell very well unless that brandname falters, and major signs of that wouldn't even start showing til late 2008 or early 2009.

But for PS360 fans here's the lowdown if you want to know your chances. 360 fans. 360 can't win. Go home haha.

PS3 fans you have a better chance. It's just PS3 sales have to kick up NOW. If they sit back for the first half they can't win. PS3 has to start trying to outsell the Wii in Europe/Other, make ground up in Japan, and at least start outselling the 360 in America, let alone challenge the Wii. If it doesn't start doing this by Summer of 2008, then it'll just be too far behind to catch up.

Zucas: Its already over for PS3/360^^. If only Wii had more games for me :(

mesoteto said:
@zak---let me explain--the only thing the 360 and the Ps3 offer right now is hi end graphics...that is it--if Nin wanted the could Do a Wii Heavy and bump up teh graphics to Hd level and still proably break even-

so when he says "The Wii does NOTHING the other consoles couldn't do if they wanted to"--its like saying yeah i can do that but i dont want to , but if i did i could do it

Do you even own an xbox 360? Because now Im starting to doubt it. Anyone care to take over from here?

2008 end of year predictions:

PS3: 22M

360: 25M

wii: 40M

PS3 and XBox360 aren't 'doomed', so to speak.

However, I would suspect that studios would have to be sure and budget their money more effectively, reducing the amount of emphasis on graphics (which takes a lot of money to produce) and focus more on what makes a game rather than spewing money in to graphics pump-ups.

You can still survive easily, you just adjust a little. The same game-styles of the 360/PS3 have been around since DOS days. They won't go away. It's just that Wii will sell considerably more. PS3 will probably do as well as the 360, and the 360 will probably do on par or slightly better than the XBox 1. Wouldn't consider that a failure, but the two styles, Wii vs PS3/XBox360 aren't in the same boat.

It's like mp3 players vs phones w/mp3 players. Most people don't care about phones w/ mp3 players. Doesn't mean they can't compete for the market that's there, because it's there. It's just that iPods w/out phones do much better due to a broader market.

Numbers: Checker Players > Halo Players

Checkers Age and replayability > Halo Age and replayability

Therefore, Checkers > Halo

So, Checkers is a better game than Halo.

Around the Network
leo-j said:
Wii is a joke to hardcore gamers, Im sorry I have to say it, nintendo completely dumped the GAMERS and just went straight casual.

I dont want them to win, they didnt even try making a console they just did motion controls and thats it. Same GC graphics same everything.

I left nintnedo because I was expecting an amazing REVOLUTION, no they made a wii.
Wii is a lie, try owning both a XBOX 360 and a wii tell me which is more "fun".

I own both a 360, and a Wii. The Wii is more fun. good try though.. then again, maybe not.

There's tons of people that will still buy the 360 or PS3 over the Wii, no question. Personally, I would call a lot of these people stupid, as they're the type that need their HD games, their bluetooth headsets, all the latest and greatest technology, no matter what the cost. Sure there's genuine 360 lovers, but a lot of them are just out for the best tech, and there will always be a market for them.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Leo-j: if you are an example of a hardcore gamer then I'll happily accept the label of casual & continue to enjoy my kiddy games starring fat plumbers and elves. I find it funny that you are like, what 15, and try to tell far more experienced gamers what they should and shouldn't like.

From what I can gather from you're many, many posts on these forums hardcore = guns and gore. I'm not gonna tell you to grow up as you are in fact a child but maybe you should think twice before laying down the law to people who have experienced gaming pre-Halo.

Maybe it's just me but the biggest advocates of the 'leet', 'adult' systems seem to be rugrats, it's actually quite bizzare.

Hus said:

Grow up and stop trolling.

Well leo-j started an outrages poll on gametrailers.. anyhow, which is best is determined by the type of games you love. I personally love my wii.

2008 end of year predictions:

PS3: 22M

360: 25M

wii: 40M

BenKenobi88 said:
There's tons of people that will still buy the 360 or PS3 over the Wii, no question. Personally, I would call a lot of these people stupid, as they're the type that need their HD games, their bluetooth headsets, all the latest and greatest technology, no matter what the cost. Sure there's genuine 360 lovers, but a lot of them are just out for the best tech, and there will always be a market for them.

In my case, I would say I would not have gotten a 360 had I not gotten it for free (easyfreexbox.com) , infact the only thing I would even consider buying is perhaps a PS2 - solely for the chance to get some of my old favorites that arent around anymore, including Lunar:SSSC and EB , Chrono Cross (the chrono trigger with the anime movies w/ff as well) , and some re-releases of games like Dragon Force (come to think of it, all those games minus a couple were released on snes/sega cd or sega saturn).

Im sure they will see re-releases again, as classics, hopefully.