By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - I feel a MASSIVE change in the gaming industry

Legend11 said:

But I tell you what, I'm willing to make a ban bet with you or anyone about the things I've mentioned.  Take Game Informer for instance, they make a World exclusive announcement for a new game every issue, mainly hardcore games.  I'm willing to bet that their February cover will feature either a 360/PS3/PC, 360/PS3, 360, PC, or PS3 game.  If anyone I argued with is so sure of a massive change then there should be no problem with them betting that Game Informer's next cover will feature an unannounced Wii game.  What people don't want to take that bet?  Hmm, how about March then?  No?  'Nuf said.

1. Game Informer is notoriously anti-Nintendo.

2. We're not talking about next month. We're talking about as the Wii's install base climbs higher and higher. Get that through your head. 

How about this: a hand-severing bet on whether or not Nintendo wins this gen. I bet that Nintendo will win. Loser loses their left hand. Deal? No? 'Nuff said.

See? Two can play at the "idiotic bet" game. 

SRLemmiwinks said:

Ok, I see all these niche, semi-casual games you posted... where are the hard core ones again? Or are you seriously going to compare Disaster to Call of Duty 4 or Bioshock or Mass Effect?

And seriously? A SUDA-51 game as a hard core one? Are you smoking crack? 

First of all, if Bioshock and Mass Effect are "hardcore" games, then the definition of hardcore games has fallen from grace.

Bioshock had zero punishment for death. Zero: you immediately respawn at the nearest life chamber without any consequence for death whatsoever. And Mass Effect isn't a game, it's a book on tape with brief combat spurts here and there where you cover, center the reticle, and jump out and use your sniper rifle, rinse, repeat, yawn.

And before you jump all over me, yes, I've played both of them. They're good games, but "hardcore" ain't the word to use. Zelda is far more hardcore than both of these games combined and even it was too damn easy for its own good.

Second, Suda's Killer7 was a ridiculously hard, unforgiving game. I don't know if NMH has the same level of difficulty to it, but K7 was far, FAR more "hardcore" than any of the games you mentioned.

"I mean, c'mon, Viva Pinata, a game with massive marketing, didn't sell worth a damn to the "sophisticated" 360 audience, despite near-universal praise--is that a sign that 360 owners are a bunch of casual ignoramuses that can't get their heads around a 'gardening' sim? Of course not. So let's please stop trying to micro-analyze one game out of hundreds and using it as the poster child for why good, non-1st party, games can't sell on Wii. (Everyone frequenting this site knows this is nonsense, and yet some of you just can't let it go because it's the only scab you have left to pick at after all your other "Wii will phail1!!1" straw men arguments have been put to the torch.)" - exindguy on Boom Blocks