By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Kojima Tells Nomura to Remake Final Fantasy VII

http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/2011/05/19/kojima_nomura_ffvii_remake/

Kojima Tells Nomura to Remake Final Fantasy VII

Twitter explodes as Square Enix and Konami VIPs get together for dinner.

Posted on 05.19.2011 at 01:07

Metal Gear creator Hideo Kojima, Square Enix producer/artist Tetsuya Nomura, Square Enix CEO Yoichi Wada and Metal Gear art director Yoji Shinkawa had dinner earlier today.

What did they talk about?

According to Kojima, they talked about a Final Fantasy VII remake! After Kojima Tweeted that he was in a dinner meeting with the three, a follower asked that he tell Nomura to remake FFVII. "I passed it along," replied Kojima.

He was probably joking. Or was he?

Other things Kojima said he passed along are "Hurry up and release Kingdom Hearts 3D," "I know it's tough for Square Enix, but you can do it!" and "Tell Wada I'm waiting for Seiken Densetsu/Secret of Mana 5." Kojima did not pass along the message "I'm looking forward to the new Zelda game" that someone for some reason asked him to mention.

Kojima passed along one message without his followers' suggestion: he told Tetsuya Nomura to get a Twitter account.

While the actual topics of conversation during the meeting are probably secret (they may have just been having a friendly dinner -- it happens sometimes), we do know what was on the menu. According to Yoichi Wada's Twitter, two people had cola while two people had alcohol.

This is what Kojima ate. I don't know what it is either.

Around the Network

Picture related -

Seiken Densetsu/Secret of Mana 5.....For all that is holy, make it happen.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

Areym said:

Seiken Densetsu/Secret of Mana 5.....For all that is holy, make it happen.

this and translate 3 while they are at it

Uh oh, peer pressure!

Around the Network

Metal Fantasy: Solid Cloud VII

Incoming!!!!!

i hope Nomura and Wada wernt discussing a certain game going multiplat =/

Wagram said:

Metal Fantasy: Solid Cloud VII

Incoming!!!!!

as if FFVII didn't already have enough clip scenes....

well, on the bright side at least they won't be pre-rendered

Chevinator123 said:

i hope Nomura and Wada wernt discussing a certain game going multiplat =/

Well there are rumors that the next iPhone will have a 3D screen... I personally hope Kingdom Hearts 3D will be a Mobile/3DS Multiplat

Since a FF7 remake will take 30 years to make according to SE, which would mean 50 years in reality after the ports to Xbox 9768 and Apple Slab 2 are announced.

Kojima would probably be dead by the time it releases (he is 48 now), as would we all in December 2012 anyway.

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey