By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Codename: Kingdoms is a 'first-person melee Kinect game'

bannedagain said:

If it is kinect, I hope they have kinect as being optional. I would like playing both.

according to joystiq,it's optional

Around the Network
XxXProphecyXxX said:
alfredofroylan said:

LMAO!

OT: mele? what does that mean hack n slash in FPS camera?

Raven did it in '97 and it was a thing of beauty.

shuraiya said:
Skeeuk said:
shuraiya said:

The reason I'm no longer interested isn't because it's a Kinect game; it's because it's a first-person melee game.

but look at condemed criminal origin 360, that was amazing

I have, but I just don't like the first-person view for melee games. It's one of the main reasons I'm a bit concerned about Skyrim; the gameplay trailer shows first-person melee combat as well. I just hope there is an option for third-person. Dead Island may also be a skip for that same reason.

I went throught Fallout 3 twice before I even tried to stomach the third-person view.

D-Joe said:
bannedagain said:

If it is kinect, I hope they have kinect as being optional. I would like playing both.

according to joystiq,it's optional

Then why is everyone throughing a sh-t fit? LOL

If it's optional then it just adds more to the game. Like a added benefit just to try and see if you like.

UltimateUnknown said:

Not hatin, but what do you define as a first person melee game? I think I have yet to play one of these.

AVP

Around the Network

Don't wanna sound like I'm hating but I've pretty much lost interest in it now. Kinect just isn't for me and I was hoping for a technical marvel from Crytek that involves playing with a control pad.

i will say nothing, i'm gonna wait and see

Is it wrong that this news made me giggle uncontrollably? It will be interesting to see if it is any good, but I understand why people are angry.

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." -My good friend Mark Aurelius

homer said:

Is it wrong that this news made me giggle uncontrollably? It will be interesting to see if it is any good, but I understand why people are angry.

no it seems about right as a response from you... But yess lets see about the game and you have no bearing why people are angry, the fact that people are angry is a joke tbh, no-one knows enough about the game.

Bet with Conegamer and Doobie_wop 

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3879752

epicberserk said:
chazy13 said:

to everyone saying this could be "kinects defining game" you should know that no games going to define kinect, if people dont want to dance around their living rooms playing pretend sword fights then some game from crytek isn't going to change that

hello obviously u dont have an xbox or a kinect cuz if u did u would know the second wave of kinect games will have the ability to play sitting down ..... look at the gunstringer so dude move on

actually the 360s my main console for gaming and u must are clearly an xbox fanboy as in my post i didnt even mention not being able to sit down on kinect and whats all this about kinects second wave of games because MS hasnt announced any new kinect games almost at all

End of 2012 prediction:

xbox 360 : 73-75 million  playstation 3 : 72-74 million  wii : 104-105 million 

Most hyped for :

Bioshock: infinte, The Last Of Us, Alan Wake's American Nightmare and Agent