By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Codename: Kingdoms is a 'first-person melee Kinect game'

Not hatin, but what do you define as a first person melee game? I think I have yet to play one of these.

Around the Network
alfredofroylan said:

LMAO!

OT: mele? what does that mean hack n slash in FPS camera?

condemned springs to mind when you think of first person melee combat. For this to work it will probably be arena based roman style combat, ala gladiator.

should be a cool kinect title.

But common... this sucks right? You hear exclusive crytek game mixed with those initial concept art images and you think of what could have been. Microsofts proper answer to God of War.

I was really intrigued by this title, now i am weary. Lets hope its the flagship core kinect experience going forward.

̶3̶R̶D̶   2ND! Place has never been so sweet.

Totally lost my interest now if true.

Well, I think its going to be very interesting, if done properly, this is going to be the genre defining game.

Don't really like the background setting though, but Can't wait.

Around the Network
ArcticGabe said:

Well, I think its going to be very interesting, if done properly, this is going to be the genre defining game.

Don't really like the background setting though, but Can't wait.

what do you mean by genre defining game?

we already have oblivion.

Being in 3rd place never felt so good

its nice to see they at least contacted crytek or microsoft and tried to get a comment rather than just repeating something from another site that people already found questionable.

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

UltimateUnknown said:

Not hatin, but what do you define as a first person melee game? I think I have yet to play one of these.

It's really good.

Bet with Conegamer and AussieGecko that the PS3 will have more exclusives in 2011 than the Wii or 360... or something.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3879752

So it could like any number of good games in the same genre, from Elder Scrolls to Condemned to Dark Messiah and maybe if you get creative a bit of Mirrors Edge but because it's on Kinect it is instantly shite? I haven't got Kinect yet but with Project Draco, Steel battalion, Rise of Nightmares and now this... I have a feeling that those days are going to be short lived.

i have had my kinect for like a month or month and half now and i am excited if this is a kinect game wooo