By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Codename: Kingdoms is a 'first-person melee Kinect game'

Codename: Kingdoms is a "first-person melee Kinect game", according to a Gamasutra report on layoffs at developer Crytek Budapest.

An anonymous source told the site that Crytek is to lay off 30-35 workers at its Hungarian studio, which is said to be preparing to switch its focus from the Xbox 360 exclusive to tablet games.

Microsoft is said to have insisted Crytek relocate development of the Kinect game from Budapest to Crytek's Frankfurt studio, ahead of an E3 showing next month.

Crytek managing director Avni Yerli said in a statement: "We can confirm that our Budapest studio is getting a new direction and focus."

In January, Crytek CEO Cevat Yerli told us that the title will push Xbox 360 "to its limits" and offer gamers "a genuinely new" interactive entertainment experience. 

[ Source: Gamasutra ]

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/300471/news/codename-kingdoms-is-a-first-person-melee-kinect-game-report/

Around the Network

first-person melee kinect game...-_-.....well it has lost my interest atm.(and unfortunately I don't own a Kinect)

Could be very cool. I hope they go with Punch-Out!!-style one-on-one combat, rather than worrying about world movement.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

nooooooooooooooo

Overreactions in 3 ... 2 ... 1 ...

And I'm late.  Overreactions were instant ...

Around the Network

um,maybe my friend(work at EDD)is testing this,he said thats core-type and just played 2 rounds then already very tired

Anybody have a picture of the game so I can see

This is VGchartz! The only way to get people to look at a Kinect thread is to say it sucks or fails! A First Person Melee game sounds too awesome to attract people, so next time make it "Dumb CryMoarTech Game Kindumbs Is For Kinect n Waggalle Powered".

19:44:34 Skeezer METAL GEAR ONLINE
19:44:36 Skeezer FAILURE
19:44:51 ABadClown You're right!
19:44:55 ABadClown Hur hur hur
19:45:01 Skeezer i meant
19:45:04 Skeezer YOU ARE A FAILKURE
19:45:08 Skeezer FAILURE*

pfft, so your gonna go pretending to be holding a stick or sword and swinging it over and over again?! stupiiiid!

but if it you were to go kung-fuiiy instead...now that would be AWSOME!