By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - 'Nintendo Feel' -Translation

LordTheNightKnight said:

Well if it requires a touch screen, then Iwata already rule it out.

If it doesn't, they had better not be doing it anyway. Aside from cost issues (a screen alone would already inflate the cost without anything added), it would just be feel-o-rama gaming. Just more gimmicks due to thinking customers respond to gimmicks, not great games.

It doesn't, it can be applied to any surface.  Also, no he didn't--he ruled out a tablet-style touch interface that did not feature any buttons.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."
Around the Network
LordTheNightKnight said:
kitler53 said:

sounds cool but expensive ... even if nintendo is researching this my gut feeling is it won't be ready for 2012 at a cost effective level.

I agree. And what parts of a game would it be practical? On an FPS, you might trick you finger into thinking you are feeling a gun, but what about an explosion? And how would you know what a magic spell feels like? And would you want to feel a would?

Gaming is about having fun, not trying to fake reality.

well, i guess in my mind i would equate it to rumble.  not exactly needed and not all games use it but in a few cases the feedback really adds that something extra.  so while cool, if you can't implement it cheaply you shouldn't do it cause most games really won't see a substaintial benefit.

also, the idea of the tech sounds limited.  i mean, can they really simulate the feeling off all things or does it just go from smooth to rough.  i kind of doubt this tech can really simulate "furry" for petting cat/dogs in a nintendogs game.  but maybe i'm wrong, i can't say i've never heard of this tech before.

I can't see this as a selling feature.  Sure it might add something to the experience.  Maybe.... 

But Wii solved a problem - the complexity of the controller - and that openned the door to all new consumers and new game experiences (fitness/dance/sports).

Tactile feel (or 3d) solves nothing and adds little really.

Still I wouldn't complain if it's there.  Still cool.  Just not that cool.

badgenome said:

Finally. Ubisoft shovelware that FEELS like real shovels!

I don't care who you are, that's funny.

highly  dubious

Around the Network

If this actually works... That would be really amazing, actually. :O

Hmm

sounds lame to me.... just give me HD games and better online Nintendo...

Albion - Its Fun as Ballz !!!!!

M.U.G.E.N said:
but imagine the pronz with this thing :P

consider me excited now!

I think this sounds a lot more promising than just a screen on the controller rumors. This could be an interesting way to immerse the player, in a different manner than motion controls. But I think if they are having a hard time making people understand the value of glasses free 3D, I can't imagine how difficult it would be to market a tactile feedback "feel" controller.

Although it's traslating as stated in the OP, they also said in the article this

"Remember Vitality Sensor? It will most likely make a comeback at this year’s E3, though not as a peripheral for Wii, but as a key feature of Nintendo Feel."

Hahaha, so 80% compatible so far Nintendo?

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"