By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - 'Nintendo Feel' -Translation

sounds absolutely terrible.  I would have to question Nintendo on this one big time

Most anticipated games of 2011:

Uncharted 3,Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword, Rocksmith

Modern Warfare 3, Super Mario 3D

Around the Network

Is this even possible?

Click this button, you know you want to!  [Subscribe]

Watch me on YouTube!

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheRadishBros

~~~~ Mario Kart 8 drove far past my expectations! Never again will I doubt the wheels of a Monster Franchise! :0 ~~~~

Aiddon said:

I believe the Game Overthinker sums up what this could mean for gaming a lot better than I could:

http://gameoverthinker.blogspot.com/2011/05/moviebobs-disturbingly-not-as-insane.html

I really like this insane theory of his. Analog sticks and shoulder buttons plus tactile virtual buttons configured anyway the developper wants for the rest.

Signature goes here!

Mr Khan said:

The question being why they wouldn't have done that for 3DS? Being able to, say, really touch Nintendogs and Cats would have made a good deal more sense than being able to see them in depth.

Kinda like they got the console and handheld wires crossed (unless that was their deliberate intent, which is likely)

If this is true at all, I can see this being then the first revision for the 3DS

Mummelmann said:

I think they might be trying to hard to copy the Wii success recipe(doing something truly new), how about developing the existing concept further with a tad more focus on bridge games rather than reinvent themselves yet again and take a major risk? They could end up being irrelevant and that is not a desireable situation coming from a gen where they were victorious (in total hardware sales anyway).

I think they're being too optimistic with this and are taking things one step too far, to be honest.

According to Nintendo, they have to keep "surprising" us, so they'll keep trowing gimicks in their video-games that no once cares about and that don't change the gameplay (like 3D) until they run out of ideas (note that touch screen and motion controls are not included in the uselles gimicks part).

Above: still the best game of the year.

Around the Network
milkyjoe said:

Assuming there's any chance of this being accurate, I'm struggling to think of a realistic use for this kind of technology within current gaming conventions, but that'd be why I'm posting here and not employed by Nintendo.

By that I mean, motion control was easy to understand within what we already knew. You just swing your arm like you're playing tennis or whatever rather than using analog sticks or buttons. This is something else.

I've never thought 'I'd quite like to see how this feels' when walking through Hyrule Field or whatever, and I don't see why something like that would add to the experience.

In saying that, I'd be completely open minded to giving it a try if it does indeed turn out to be true.

I think peoples main problem is that they try and look at one thing and think "how does that work for said game"

each game is different and thus a touch screen that can be anything helps that.  For games like puzzles as someone said or nintendogs ect the feel would be neat.  For other games like FPS and what not, the feel may be nothing more than just let you FEEL where each button is on the controller and not be blindly pressing a flat screen.

I mean imagine a fps developer has a screen that he can put 1, or 50 buttons on it if he wants.  he can arrange them wherever he wants.  but the problem with touch screens are that its one flat surface and all feels teh same.  thus your finger could easily slide from pushing the shoot button to toss grenade button, ect.  BUT what does this feel do, it makes the button have a texture and around the button smooth, or whatever the case.  THus you will be able to stay on the button better.  It could give the buttton a CLICKY feel to it as well so you have tha feeling of pushing a button, ect.

while i'm not sure if i am behind this yet, new controllers are always well new and you could like it or hate it.  so far i don't think there has been a nintendo controller i have disliked, so i'm hopeful.  hell gamecube was my favorite of the 3 controllers that gen too.