By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS3 users are you thinking of switching to a Xbox 360?

I already know MS has plenty of exclusives, regular controllered games or Kinect. I could give you a pretty good list of games Just from the top of my head. We have the obvious Gears 3 and Forza 4. Then people forget about Xcom, New Alan Wake game, Kinect Star Wars, Rise of Nightmares, Steel Batallion, project draco,  PowerUp heroes, and Codename: Kingdoms. Thats just from the top of my head.  

Now lets look at XBLA exclusives games coming out later this year because we all know arcade games matter. Lets see, we have Ms. Splosion man, Haunt, Toy Soldiers: Cold War, Codename: D, Trenches, Gunstringer, Insanely twisted shadow planet, fire Pro Wrestling, Battle Block Theater, Hybrid, etc.

If you look at the list of games MS has from all angles it's not a bad list of games at all. Plus this is just the games that are confirmed. And please, don't jump on the Kinect hate wagon and tell me most of those games use Kinect because I already freaking know that. What do you think they were going to do? Sit there and not support it. Get over yourself if your a Kinect hater cause Kinect isn't going anywhere.  

I still think the ps3 obviously has more exclusives and quality exclusives; atleast retailer wise, but I'm just pointing out that doesn't mean MS has nothing.      

Around the Network
S.T.A.G.E. said:
reviniente said:

This. Not only that, but few exclusives make X360 owners buy more multi-platform games. Good for third-parties, good for XBLA. It's all good.

He was making excuses for the 360's lack of exclusives. I am completely sure that if the 360 had more exclusives than the PS3 he'd note it. If a consumer values a multiplatform over an exclusive they will buy it and vice versa. We already know that the most valuable game across consoles is multiplatform, but AAA exclusives are highly popular with consumers and give consoles identity. Those is obviously why the hot AAA exclusives are selling over 2 million copies and up regardless of console. The PS3 just has more of them and thats why they are pulling closer in sales to the 360 every year.

Nope.

Actually the reason is logistics and brand. Last year Microsoft published games roughly sold as many as Sony's in a PS3 vs 360 comparison, so with that you could argue that Microsoft's exclusives were at least as popular.

Tease.

why would i downgrade??

Michael-5 said:
dsage01 said:
Michael-5 said:

I never counted Alan Wake 2 or Halo Remake in anything. I only said anything is possible this E3, and said they are possibilities. It's still 3 PS3 games versus 2 360 games. If you count all the exclusives, even the less impactful ones, it's 8 to 6 in favor of 360 I believe. Yea a lot of the 360 games are Kinect, and I personally won't get any, but the idea of Panzer Dragoon is pretty cool.

You're singling out my excluson of The Last Guardian since it's a 2012 title, which has little to do for the arguement. You're ignoring the main point of 3 main PS3 games to 2 main 360 games for fall 2011. After E3 lets talk about 2012, but until then 2012's lineup is almost pure speclation. I mean only recently did they announce an Assassin's Creed for 2011. Common man.

Also what Move exclusive games are confirmed for 2011? InFamous 2 is Move capable and so are other, and I included them, but there isn't a single confirmed 2011 Move exclusive that hasn't been released already.

Okay let's not get unannonuced titles into this. The only titles you guys should be including are titles that are guranteed to come out for 2011 or games that have already came out. Face it PS3 has many more exclusives this year than the 360. So far only Gears 3 and Forza 4 have been announced. By the way PS3 has more than 3 exclusives. Little Big Planet 2, Killzone 3, Socom 4, Mbl 2011 the show, Resisstance 3,  Twisted metal, Yakuza 4, Sorcery, Rachet and Clank, No more heros, Infamous 2, Motorstorm, Dc universe, Ape escape, FF versus, Starhawk, PS move heros, and some japense games that have already come out and more might come out too. So even if Halo remake, and Alan wake 2 do come out the 4 exclusives will die against PS3 mass number of exclusives. No Doubt that Gears 3 will be huge but how huge. If you really compare the 2 against Infamous 2, Killzone 3, LBP 2, and Uncharted 3. Those 4 games will crush Gears 3 and Forza 4 conbined. And if you add all those other small titles that can sell up to 500k-1million each the ratio will be almost 15:1 PS3. Ps3 will easily win this year.

Announce titles with a 2011 release date should be included in all debates where we talk about games comming out in 2011. It's likely that 1 or two Kinect titles become delayed to 2012, but that goes for Sony as well. The Last Guardian was delayed from a fall 2011 as well as a fall 2010 title, and in the past GT5 and LittleBigPlanet 2 were delayed into the following years. We can't assume 360 will see more delayed games then PS3. For all we know, at E3 they may announce more.

It's only logical and fair to include all relatively major software released. If you include Twisted Metal, a game which was originally planned to be an Arcade game, then you must include Steel Batallion and Rise of Nightmares for Kinect, which have always been full retail titles.

Again, I never said PS3 did not have more exclusive titles for 2011, we are only debating the comment I made that "PS3 and 360 have about the same number of exclusives titles comming out." So stop including Killzone 3, LittleBigPlanet 2, SOCOM, MLB, Yakuza 4 and so on.

Also get your facts straight. No More Heros is not a PS3 exclusive, Sorcery, and FF XIII Versus are 2012 titles, and Starhawk is only rumored.

You can't speculate on 2012, just because MS hasn't announced anything for 2012 doesn't mean there will be no more 360 exclusives after Project Kingdos. 2012 is too much to speculate, Sony often announce games years before release, but with the exception of Fable 2, Microsoft tends to announce games 1-2 years in adance. After E3 we can talk about 2012.

You keep avoiding the topic that were questioning, and include a whole bunch of PS3 titles that are either rumored or planed for a 2012 release. Stop it.

Again I am not debating 2011 total sales, just fall 2011. Game wise it's 8 to 6 for 360, and 360 titles will likely sell more software combined. As for 2011 total sales, if Halo CE Remake is real and a 2011 title, 360 software sales will still be higher, even though PS3's gamecount will be higher overall.

Who's the one who said there's only 3 more PS3 excluisves coming out? Maybe a couple of my exclusives got delayed to 2012 but there's still way more than 3 coming out. And you have to admit that Infamous 2, Killzone 3, LBP2, Uncharted 3 and if that's not enough then add Rachet and Clank PS3 wins. This year is the year of the PS3. Despite PSN being down it's killing everything. And stop asuming things  like a Halo Remake and even if it does come out it's not going to sell any better then all the PS3 exculsives. It's not made by bungie. Either way PS3 wins 

S.T.A.G.E. said:
Michael-5 said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

Dance Central is NOT AAA. A AAA title involves an above industry standard budget from the publisher and is expected to have a large following (Which means high risk investment with expectation of high profits). Dance Central is not AAA, the Michael Jackson Experience is not AAA, Just Dance is not AAA. They are casual titles which are cheaper to create and still have a high expectation of profit. The commercials for the titles probably cost more than their development budgets. The game was mostly mo-capped, the dancers did the majority of the work for the animators. A hardcore game is built from the ground up, where-as casual titles on something like the Kinect is mostly mo-capped or have simple animations. This is a breath of fresh air for the big publisher who wants to save money like Activision, THQ, Ubisoft, EA and the other usual notable multiplatform names. The average next gen multiplatform title budget is 20-30 million dollars. High profile AAA titles (The minority) like Modern Warfare, Mass Effect, Uncharted and their Ilk cost around 40-70 million dollars to make because of the amount of developers it takes to make those games, especially when sequels need to be produced at a specific speed (usually two year increments). Ratings don't mean the game is AAA, it doesn't have the budget nor the notable following to be considered AAA. Lower than 8.5 ratings usually hurt the credibility of a AAA title in the eyes of the average reading consumer, but it doesnt change the budget.

Read this so you can understand the difference because I dont believe you get it just yet:

http://www.thekoalition.com/2010/09/kinect-and-move-development-is-cheaper-will-game-quality-decline/

Glad thats all cleared up. Now if I can get back to the truth of the matter, the 360 is back at 2 AAA exclusives (Gears 3 and Forza 4) for the year going up against InFamous 2, Uncharted 3, Twisted Metal, Resistance 3, Killzone 3, LBP 2 and The Last Guardian is up in the air between holiday 2011 and early next year. Those are the only AAA exclusives between the PS3 and 360 for the year. The rest are Move/Kinect titles and other exclusives.

It is rumored for sure that two more Sony AAA exclusives will be revealed. One is heavily claimed to be Heavenly Sword 2. Hope Microsoft has something big planned. They have one month left before E3.

Okay, I'll agree with you about AAA. In that case, for my debate with others on this thread, I have stated that the number of AAA titles being released this fall for PS3 is three (Uncharted 3, InFamous 2, and Resistance 3), and for 360 it's 2 (Gears 3 and Forza 4). I don't know the exact budgets for Twisted Metal and some of the larger Kinect titles like Steel Batallion, ut I would assume they are about the same.

My point is PS3 has 3 AAA titles, I wouldn't consider Twisted Metal AAA because it started life as an Arcade title, and by observing the level of graphical detail, we can easily see less development has gone into this title then Motorstorm. I mean when you shoot a building's corner support, why does the entire building fall? The only difference I see in terms of gamelay quality between this game as say Battle Tanks for N64 is the graphics, and even then Twisted Metal falls far short for an HD game.

As for The Last Guardian, it's delayed to 2012, it won't come out in 2011. As for Killzone 3 and LBP2, they are already out. I am not debating the total number of AAA titles for PS3 and 360 for the entire year, just upcoming.

I believe it was you who said PS3 has significantly more games comming out for the system, and that's simply not true. For 2011 the matter is 3 to 2 AAA titles in favor of PS3 and 8 to 6 large scale, and likely well rated, exclusives in favor of 360.

Overall, that difference is minor, and for 2012 titles, I think it's far too early to ebate those games. After all Most of Kinects 2011 lineup was only anounced this year, we just don't know exactly what both developers have to offer, especially now that Nintendo has pushed for the 8th generation of gaming early.

Yes...I said the PS3 has significantly more games. This is definitely true because they will have significantly more exclusives; the question, however, is whether they are AAA or not. Yes, Twisted Metal is a AAA exclusive. All the news reported hinted at a reported "AAA exclusive" before Twisted Metal was announced that was being created by David Jaffe in 2010. Look this up dude. The scale of that game is crazy. The development must've been kept secret since 2008 because Jaffe hasn't been doing anything since "Head On" Launched on the PSP. Also look up how many people are grilling jaffe as to whether Twisted Metal can sell consoles.

Actually if you look it up, there are significantly more 360 exclusives then PS3 exclusives (360 has 156 currently released exclusives, where PS3 has 89, a litle less then 60% as many)

I've seen Twisted Metal Gameplay, and I know it started life as an Arcade title, as was an Arcade title as late as last years. If you consider Twisted Metal a AAA title, then you must consider the larger scale Kinect exclusives, such as Steel Batallion, and Project Dragon, as AAA titles. Simple as that, just because you want to only accept PS3 games as AAA, but exclude 360 titles doesn't mean PS3 has that much stronger of a lineup.

Twisted Metal for PS3 is not as large scale of a game as older TM games, and if you want to consider what began life as an Arcade game as AAA then you should consider Steel Batallion to be, and same with Project Dragon. These are Japanese developed 360 exclusives, and been in develoment for over a year, I doubt the scale of these games is any less then TM, especially with Microsoft publishing these titles.

Also AAA or not, a game like Dance Central is still fun as hell. If all 6 of the Major Kinect titles for this fall are as fun as that game, I would hardly think it's fair ignoring them in any debate.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

Around the Network
Pokemanic said:

why would i downgrade??

To what exactly? Were talking aboutswiching HD consoles, not getting a Wii or last gen console.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database

Michael-5 said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Michael-5 said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

Dance Central is NOT AAA. A AAA title involves an above industry standard budget from the publisher and is expected to have a large following (Which means high risk investment with expectation of high profits). Dance Central is not AAA, the Michael Jackson Experience is not AAA, Just Dance is not AAA. They are casual titles which are cheaper to create and still have a high expectation of profit. The commercials for the titles probably cost more than their development budgets. The game was mostly mo-capped, the dancers did the majority of the work for the animators. A hardcore game is built from the ground up, where-as casual titles on something like the Kinect is mostly mo-capped or have simple animations. This is a breath of fresh air for the big publisher who wants to save money like Activision, THQ, Ubisoft, EA and the other usual notable multiplatform names. The average next gen multiplatform title budget is 20-30 million dollars. High profile AAA titles (The minority) like Modern Warfare, Mass Effect, Uncharted and their Ilk cost around 40-70 million dollars to make because of the amount of developers it takes to make those games, especially when sequels need to be produced at a specific speed (usually two year increments). Ratings don't mean the game is AAA, it doesn't have the budget nor the notable following to be considered AAA. Lower than 8.5 ratings usually hurt the credibility of a AAA title in the eyes of the average reading consumer, but it doesnt change the budget.

Read this so you can understand the difference because I dont believe you get it just yet:

http://www.thekoalition.com/2010/09/kinect-and-move-development-is-cheaper-will-game-quality-decline/

Glad thats all cleared up. Now if I can get back to the truth of the matter, the 360 is back at 2 AAA exclusives (Gears 3 and Forza 4) for the year going up against InFamous 2, Uncharted 3, Twisted Metal, Resistance 3, Killzone 3, LBP 2 and The Last Guardian is up in the air between holiday 2011 and early next year. Those are the only AAA exclusives between the PS3 and 360 for the year. The rest are Move/Kinect titles and other exclusives.

It is rumored for sure that two more Sony AAA exclusives will be revealed. One is heavily claimed to be Heavenly Sword 2. Hope Microsoft has something big planned. They have one month left before E3.

Okay, I'll agree with you about AAA. In that case, for my debate with others on this thread, I have stated that the number of AAA titles being released this fall for PS3 is three (Uncharted 3, InFamous 2, and Resistance 3), and for 360 it's 2 (Gears 3 and Forza 4). I don't know the exact budgets for Twisted Metal and some of the larger Kinect titles like Steel Batallion, ut I would assume they are about the same.

My point is PS3 has 3 AAA titles, I wouldn't consider Twisted Metal AAA because it started life as an Arcade title, and by observing the level of graphical detail, we can easily see less development has gone into this title then Motorstorm. I mean when you shoot a building's corner support, why does the entire building fall? The only difference I see in terms of gamelay quality between this game as say Battle Tanks for N64 is the graphics, and even then Twisted Metal falls far short for an HD game.

As for The Last Guardian, it's delayed to 2012, it won't come out in 2011. As for Killzone 3 and LBP2, they are already out. I am not debating the total number of AAA titles for PS3 and 360 for the entire year, just upcoming.

I believe it was you who said PS3 has significantly more games comming out for the system, and that's simply not true. For 2011 the matter is 3 to 2 AAA titles in favor of PS3 and 8 to 6 large scale, and likely well rated, exclusives in favor of 360.

Overall, that difference is minor, and for 2012 titles, I think it's far too early to ebate those games. After all Most of Kinects 2011 lineup was only anounced this year, we just don't know exactly what both developers have to offer, especially now that Nintendo has pushed for the 8th generation of gaming early.

Yes...I said the PS3 has significantly more games. This is definitely true because they will have significantly more exclusives; the question, however, is whether they are AAA or not. Yes, Twisted Metal is a AAA exclusive. All the news reported hinted at a reported "AAA exclusive" before Twisted Metal was announced that was being created by David Jaffe in 2010. Look this up dude. The scale of that game is crazy. The development must've been kept secret since 2008 because Jaffe hasn't been doing anything since "Head On" Launched on the PSP. Also look up how many people are grilling jaffe as to whether Twisted Metal can sell consoles.

Actually if you look it up, there are significantly more 360 exclusives then PS3 exclusives (360 has 156 currently released exclusives, where PS3 has 89, a litle less then 60% as many)

I've seen Twisted Metal Gameplay, and I know it started life as an Arcade title, as was an Arcade title as late as last years. If you consider Twisted Metal a AAA title, then you must consider the larger scale Kinect exclusives, such as Steel Batallion, and Project Dragon, as AAA titles. Simple as that, just because you want to only accept PS3 games as AAA, but exclude 360 titles doesn't mean PS3 has that much stronger of a lineup.

Twisted Metal for PS3 is not as large scale of a game as older TM games, and if you want to consider what began life as an Arcade game as AAA then you should consider Steel Batallion to be, and same with Project Dragon. These are Japanese developed 360 exclusives, and been in develoment for over a year, I doubt the scale of these games is any less then TM, especially with Microsoft publishing these titles.

Also AAA or not, a game like Dance Central is still fun as hell. If all 6 of the Major Kinect titles for this fall are as fun as that game, I would hardly think it's fair ignoring them in any debate.

dsage01 said:
Michael-5 said:

Announce titles with a 2011 release date should be included in all debates where we talk about games comming out in 2011. It's likely that 1 or two Kinect titles become delayed to 2012, but that goes for Sony as well. The Last Guardian was delayed from a fall 2011 as well as a fall 2010 title, and in the past GT5 and LittleBigPlanet 2 were delayed into the following years. We can't assume 360 will see more delayed games then PS3. For all we know, at E3 they may announce more.

It's only logical and fair to include all relatively major software released. If you include Twisted Metal, a game which was originally planned to be an Arcade game, then you must include Steel Batallion and Rise of Nightmares for Kinect, which have always been full retail titles.

Again, I never said PS3 did not have more exclusive titles for 2011, we are only debating the comment I made that "PS3 and 360 have about the same number of exclusives titles comming out." So stop including Killzone 3, LittleBigPlanet 2, SOCOM, MLB, Yakuza 4 and so on.

Also get your facts straight. No More Heros is not a PS3 exclusive, Sorcery, and FF XIII Versus are 2012 titles, and Starhawk is only rumored.

You can't speculate on 2012, just because MS hasn't announced anything for 2012 doesn't mean there will be no more 360 exclusives after Project Kingdos. 2012 is too much to speculate, Sony often announce games years before release, but with the exception of Fable 2, Microsoft tends to announce games 1-2 years in adance. After E3 we can talk about 2012.

You keep avoiding the topic that were questioning, and include a whole bunch of PS3 titles that are either rumored or planed for a 2012 release. Stop it.

Again I am not debating 2011 total sales, just fall 2011. Game wise it's 8 to 6 for 360, and 360 titles will likely sell more software combined. As for 2011 total sales, if Halo CE Remake is real and a 2011 title, 360 software sales will still be higher, even though PS3's gamecount will be higher overall.

Who's the one who said there's only 3 more PS3 excluisves coming out? Maybe a couple of my exclusives got delayed to 2012 but there's still way more than 3 coming out. And you have to admit that Infamous 2, Killzone 3, LBP2, Uncharted 3 and if that's not enough then add Rachet and Clank PS3 wins. This year is the year of the PS3. Despite PSN being down it's killing everything. And stop asuming things  like a Halo Remake and even if it does come out it's not going to sell any better then all the PS3 exculsives. It's not made by bungie. Either way PS3 wins 

3 AAA PS3 titles compared to 2 AAA 360 titles. Overall there are 6 PS3 games planned for the remaining of 2011, and 8 360 games planned for the remaining of 2011.

InFamous 2, Uncharted 3, and Resistance 3. Ratchet & Clank will be big, but if were going to count that as AAA, then we have to do the same for Panzer Dragoon, Steel Batallion, and Rise of Nightmares.

Why do you keep bringing Halo back into this? I never asumed anything about Halo. I just said that the difference in upcoming content for both consoles is about the same.

As for "The year of PS3" I find this comment hilarious. Yes overall PS3 has a better lineup then 360 for 2011, I never contested that, but it's 2011 and the PS3 was released in 2006, did it really take this long for PS3's lineup to be better then 360's? The only other debatable year was 2009, and I'd say that was a tie (UC2, KZ2, InFamous, Demons Souls, and Ratchet v. Forza 3, ODST, Halo Wars, Magna Carta 2, BattleStations, and Ninja Blade among others). 2006, 2007, 2008, 2010 are no contest 360 years.

Michael-5 said:

"In my opinion, over 80% and 90%, PS3 and 360 are about tied. I never claimed PS3 has less exclusives then 360,"

hmm... really, then what do you call this...

"the total number of exclusives is still slightly more on the 360,"

"As for Pre-2009, there are 37 PS3 exclusives, and 108 360 exclusives. This exclusides timed exclusives like Lost Planet, or Oblivion. Of those 108 pre-2009 360 exclusives, 10 are from 2005, 38 are from 2006, while PS3 only had 3 2006 exclusives. So even if we ignore 360's 2006 linep (since it was on the market for a year longer) it's still 70 360 exclusives compared to 37 PS3 exclusives. Now this list includes everything from Buzz Trivia PS3 exclusives to Ninety ine Nights. So yes 360 had significantly more exclusives pre-2009." 

really you are going to tell me you never claimed xbox has more exclusives, even basing it off your opinion. lol

"Forza 4 are the only 5 million plus blockbuster titles on the 360 lineup," 

" InFamous 1 is sub 2 million, Resistance 2 barely crosses 2 million"

heres another funny one. you try talking up the xbox games, going as far as bringing in sales (as if that is what determines quality). you say that Forza is a 5 million seller, when its at 4.8 (and its probably the most bundled game on xbox, excluding kinect advantures). then you try to play down the ps3 games by saying the inFAMOUS seriers isnt big, its sub 2 million. lol, its at 1.95 (and well over 2 million with psn sales). So some reason a game cant get rounded up .05 but Forza (a racing game whixh will stop selling after the sequal) gets rounded up by .2, and if we look at the previous entries, its wayyy less. so make up you mind, be consitant. and some reason Resistance is "barely 2 million" even though its .15 over. i get it, we round up the xbox games, and round down the ps3 games. i must of forgot rounding rules in math class.

"Above 90% there are 7 Wii exclusives, 7 PS3 exclusives, and 6 360 exclusives. I hardly think PS3 is "head and shoulders ahead of the pack." It's actually tied with Wii at this point.

Above 85% there are 18 Wii exclusives, 24 PS3 exclusives, and 16 360 exclusives. Now the gap opens up, but it doesn't get any bigger.

Above 80% there are 38 Wii exclusives, 39 PS3 exclusives, an 29 360 exclusives. So in reality Wii has the most exclusive software."

heres your great math at work again. did you even read what you wrote here. "the gap opens up but doesnt get any bigger" what, what does that even mean lol, so much contridictions. then you say in reality wii has most, just after you added them up. which had ps3 with 70, wii- 63, and xbox-51 (which launched a year earlier). so how exactly does the wii lead (not that i would matter because we werent discussing wii, you were talking about xbox and ps3). you have no consistancy, its hilarious.

Microsoft always announces a game late, and there is strong rumor of a Halo: Combat Evolved remake, so after E3 this list could even out.

Sony often announce games years before release,"

this myth still isnt dead, really. i can name like a hundred xbox announces way in advanced. alan wake, halo reach, splinter cell. the only game that i can think of with little anounce time was Forza, and the only one i can think of a long pre announce for ps3 is GT5, and TLG. please stop this, its not true at all.

"(UC2, KZ2, InFamous, Demons Souls, and Ratchet v. Forza 3, ODST, Halo Wars, Magna Carta 2, BattleStations, and Ninja Blade among others). 2006, 2007, 2008, 2010 are no contest 360 years."

really youre comparing those ps3 games, to those random games like Magna Carta, BattleStations, and Ninja blade. well i guess the xbox would win all those years, if your only counting multimillion sellers for ps3 and everything including niche titles for xbox.

"As for The Last Guardian, it's delayed to 2012, it won't come out in 2011. As for Killzone 3 and LBP2, they are already out. I am not debating the total number of AAA titles for PS3 and 360 for the entire year, just upcoming."

no your not counting those games, just so you can make it seem as if xbox has a comparable library to the ps3, poorly by the way.

"We can't assume 360 will see more delayed games then PS3. For all we know, at E3 they may announce more." 

okay so we cant assume the xbox kinect titles which were announced at e3, with vague "coming in 2011" will be delayed, we can only assume they will announce and release more games, while assuming Sony wont announce any games, and will delay their games like Resistance, which has been in development for 3 years (1 year longer than normal),, and has a rock solid release date (meaning not year) of Sept. 6.

also you arent counting any of the multitude of MOve only games that had the vague 2011 release date, and you havent been trying to claim them as AAA titles like you have with the kinect games. also you keep trying to make these small budget niche/casual kinect games are somehow big (even though you have seen next to nothing about them, little to no gameplay, footage, previews, anything, yet alone a firm release date), and some resaon Twisted Metal isnt big. yet twisted metal is a full retail $60 game, with a big budget, will have big marketing (sony standards) and is being released in prime time slot. this is no "arcade" game, this is one of Sony's big guns. now for your own sake, stop trying to equate TM to Dragoon (or what ever that game is, that you have been trying to talk up).

So, i hope this was very informative for you, and a great learning experience. i hope you can know see your huge flaws in your arguementation, and will improve upon it next time. bt seeing as this thread is not about xbox exclusive list vs ps3 exclusives, yet you were the one who decided to come in here and start comparing and defending the xbox games, can you please leave. if thinking the ps3 and xbox lineups are the same, or better for xbox makes you feel better. good for you, but dont go into a thread like this and start spouting dumb stuff like this. its way to easy to dismantle 

Wow, your still going on about this, really?

Still saying TM isn’t AAA. Even though pretty much since development started. It was planned as a big retail release.

The only time it was ever planned as an arcade game was when it was first proposed, but Sony and David Jaffe liked it so much, that they went full fledged, campaign, huge multiplayer, big budget. Its got AAA written all over it, nothing arcade/mini game about it. Please just stop you clearly have no idea what you are talking about, and are constantly contradicting yourself.

You derailed the thread enough, by randomly bringing in what Xbox games there are this year and previous years, no one cares, that you failed math class and cant count games.

S.T.A.G.E. said:
reviniente said:
Squilliam said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Squilliam said:

All I can say is that fanatics will be fanatics. Anyway would I switch from the PS3 to an Xbox 360? If I had just PS3 that would be stupid and if I had just an Xbox 360 the switch would be stupid too. Neither really offers enough USP to really justify owning a 2nd for anyone who fits within the normal distribution of console owners.

Unless a 360 only owner really, really likes Gears 3 and Forza three, it's not just a risky decision to trade in the systems and get a PS3 for the games coming out this year.

Sure if there were two games coming out on the Xbox 360 and however many games coming out on the PS3 that might be the case. Unfortunately there are a couple of dozen great multiplatform games coming too and that kinda waters down the Sony exclusive lineup given most people would be hard pressed to buy more than 2-3 games in a year.

This. Not only that, but few exclusives make X360 owners buy more multi-platform games. Good for third-parties, good for XBLA. It's all good.

He was making excuses for the 360's lack of exclusives. I am completely sure that if the 360 had more exclusives than the PS3 he'd note it. If a consumer values a multiplatform over an exclusive they will buy it and vice versa. We already know that the most valuable game across consoles is multiplatform, but AAA exclusives are highly popular with consumers and give consoles identity. Those is obviously why the hot AAA exclusives are selling over 2 million copies and up regardless of console. The PS3 just has more of them and thats why they are pulling closer in sales to the 360 every year.

Yeah, exclusives pull in new users and that's good for SON¥, but third-parties are what insure a system's health and longevity and the X360 is efficiently working that angle. For the moment, that is.