By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS3 users are you thinking of switching to a Xbox 360?

Runa216 said:

Is this thread STILL going on about exclusive titles?  Okay, here's the top exclusives on ALL consoles and their gameRankings scores: 

That's 141 games spread amongst all three consoles, all exclusives as far as I can tell (if I'm wrong, feel free to correct me.)  You can't argue with numbers though, the PS3 is head and shoulders ahead of the pack, doubly so if we're only counting full retail games and not downloads (that eliminates a LOT of the 360 games and a decent portion of the Wii's games)  

and let's not forget games that are in the 70% range, there's 4 more on PS3 from this year alone!  

wow, thats a lot of games. tons of them i have never heard of, i guess those would be the download only games.

you should differintiate the DD and retail somehow, maybe by bolding the DD.

also you should maybe bold and italicize games that are on other platforms like LFD (pc) , and prince of persia trilogy (ps2, xbox). but not games like MLB: the show (because the game is vastly different on ps2 and psp)

Around the Network
Michael-5 said:
XxXProphecyXxX said:
Michael-5 said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

The PS3 and the 360 are no longer equal when it comes to libraries.The PS3 passed the 360 in exclusives and accumilated scores of exclusives in 2010. 

Stop narrowing down the PS3's big exclusive list 2011 is still 2011. There are twenty notable exclusives this year not counting E3. The kinect titles are not modest, they are casual. There is nothing that screams modest about Twisted Metal....that game is literally in terms of anticipation on the hot AAA list. Out of those twenty which are split between the "modest", Move titles and AAA, Uncharted 3, KZ3, LBP2, Resistance 3, Twisted Metal, InFamous 2, TLG. The "modest games" are still amazing and so are the Move titles. All twenty of the exclusives (including two more coming at E3) and Tales of Graces being added to the list are going to be amazing.

By the way the Sotc/ico collection is by no means "modest" It is a classic franchise which imho every gamer should play at least once. There are many reasons why they remade it besides to increase demand for The Last Guardian.

Yea, but many of PS3's exclusives never made it outside of Japan. I think on North American and european shores, the total number of exclusives is still slightly more on the 360, but the different really isn't that big. However ontop of that, a 360 timed exclusive is cheaper to buy as it's an older game.

As for fall 2011 - Twisted Metal was originally an arcade game. How can you call this a hot AAA title, but a likely Panzer Dragoon game casual. How old are you, Panzer Dragoon is one of the best franchises in gaming, seeing a new installment is just as big, if not bigger, then a new Twisted Metal.

As for The Last Guardian, that's a 2012 title, it was delayed a long while ago, so get your facts straight. If you want to count this game, then you have to count Cryteks 360 exclusive Project Kingdoms, or Alan Wake 2. Also KZ3 and LBP2 already released. I was only refering to upcoming games because people someone said "PS3 has significanly more games then 360's 2 games coming out" which isn't true.

So for the rest of 2011, PS3 Basically only has Resistance 3, Uncharted 3, and InFamous 2. That's a 3:2 ratio between the more major 9/10 games from PS3 to 360. Microsoft always announces a game late, and there is strong rumor of a Halo: Combat Evolved remake, so after E3 this list could even out.

ICO Collection will be a great game, I only refer to it as modest because it won't be a console seller like Uncharted 3 or Gears 3 will be. This is a game for people who already own a PS3 and missed out on those games on the PS2. It's impact on console sales will be no stronger then Rise of Nightmares exclusive for 360, so if were going to ignore at least 3 quality Kinect games (Steel Batallion, Project Dracon, and Rise of Nightmares among others like Haunt, Michael Phelps, Heavy Fire: Afghanistan, and Codename D), it's fair to ignore games like this and Twisted Metal (which I'll repeat, was originally intended to be a PSN title).

WOW....

basically your line up for 360 to combat ps3 is a bunch of unannounced titles and specualtions?you keep on bringing up that alan wake 2 and halo remake shit wheres your proof? if thats the case lets throw in unannounced games that sony first party are developing shall we? hmm lets see sonybend game,sony santa monica 2 game being developed rumour,starhawk,Quantic new ps3 exclusive,sony cambridge,sony london studio,heavenly sword 2 rumor....you also keep on putting kinect titles but no PSmove? I doesnt matter either way  even if you dont list em you can still name more than 5 games for ps3 2011 line up unlike for 360 which you need to pull every thing just to match ps3's.

you guys like to throw your "MS announces games late" BULL CRAP when  games like alan wake or conviction was revealed in fukin 2005 or games like fable 2 and gears 2 which was announce year or 2 ago before its released.

Finally to finish this off notice how even if I dont include a bunch of rumored and speculated titles aswell as PSmove crap on ps3 line up it still can match everything 360 got to offer down the line while you need to name unannounced games and kinects just to even it out with ps3.....YUP no big difference there(rolls eye).

I never counted Alan Wake 2 or Halo Remake in anything. I only said anything is possible this E3, and said they are possibilities. It's still 3 PS3 games versus 2 360 games. If you count all the exclusives, even the less impactful ones, it's 8 to 6 in favor of 360 I believe. Yea a lot of the 360 games are Kinect, and I personally won't get any, but the idea of Panzer Dragoon is pretty cool.

You're singling out my excluson of The Last Guardian since it's a 2012 title, which has little to do for the arguement. You're ignoring the main point of 3 main PS3 games to 2 main 360 games for fall 2011. After E3 lets talk about 2012, but until then 2012's lineup is almost pure speclation. I mean only recently did they announce an Assassin's Creed for 2011. Common man.

Also what Move exclusive games are confirmed for 2011? InFamous 2 is Move capable and so are other, and I included them, but there isn't a single confirmed 2011 Move exclusive that hasn't been released already.

It's not 8 to 6 in favor of anything for Microsoft. The PS3 still has exclusives ontop of 15-or 16 which are still waiting to arrive. This includes Move titles. Move and Kinect are the genres battling out with each other and neither of those are AAA. Two games are still two games and the only time that will change is during E3. If Microsoft talks about more kinect games it still wont count. Core games is what its coming down to and thats what is driving Sonys sales right now. The core gamers who still have a last gen system or own another console are buying competitors consoles or a new gen console for the first time and Sony is eating them up because of the games despite the PSN issue. Microsoft only has a chance in fall, which is why you're only counting fall, when there are still three other quarters in the entire year. The overall year will account for more Sony consoles being purchased in fall (wait and see). Gears 3 will help, but only as much as Kinect did. As much as I love to Gears franchise I believe it's reached its peak in sales. It will still sell well and Forza 4 will only really sell in Europe. Now that GT5 is out, we'll see how many people will even care. 

I have all systems, including the best of them all PC. I have no room for fanboyism or stupid loyalty to either Microsoft or Sony, Neither deserve it. Aslong as they keep making decent games i keep their systems.

I am more of a nintendo gamer. The only system I own outright is the Wii.but I have played some 360 and ps3. My brother owns the ps3, and we were roomates for several years. One of my current roomates owns the 360.  I like both, but probably prefer the ps3. I did have an old unused psn account from around 2007 that could have been hacked.

At first, my response was that I was less likely to trust sony. However, they have been trying really hard to protect their consumers.  I would feel safe buying a ps3 if I got a second system. I would feel safe buying a sony next gen. I would feel safe buying a 360 or its sucessor for that matter.

There is no such thing as a system safe from all defect or from all hackers. The rrod was coered by a warranty. the hacking is susposed to handled by some sort of insurance/policy for users of sony from what I have heard. both companies  have tried to make up for mistakes and I wouldn't hold it agaisnt either in the future.

"But as always, technology refused to be dignity's bitch."--Vance DeGeneres

http://cheezburger.com/danatblair/lolz/View/4772264960

Runa216 said:

Is this thread STILL going on about exclusive titles?  Okay, here's the top exclusives on ALL consoles and their gameRankings scores: 

That's 141 games spread amongst all three consoles, all exclusives as far as I can tell (if I'm wrong, feel free to correct me.)  You can't argue with numbers though, the PS3 is head and shoulders ahead of the pack, doubly so if we're only counting full retail games and not downloads (that eliminates a LOT of the 360 games and a decent portion of the Wii's games)  

and let's not forget games that are in the 70% range, there's 4 more on PS3 from this year alone!  

Above 90% there are 7 Wii exclusives, 7 PS3 exclusives, and 6 360 exclusives. I hardly think PS3 is "head and shoulders ahead of the pack." It's actually tied with Wii at this point.

Above 85% there are 18 Wii exclusives, 24 PS3 exclusives, and 16 360 exclusives. Now the gap opens up, but it doesn't get any bigger.

Above 80% there are 38 Wii exclusives, 39 PS3 exclusives, an 29 360 exclusives. So in reality Wii has the most exclusive software.

I didn't count arcade titles in this list as they are not full retail games.

As for Metacritic scores, above 95% there are 3 Wii exclusives, 2 PS3 exclusives, 0 360 exclusives

Above 90% there are 8 Wii exclusives, 9 PS3 exclusives, 7 360 exclusives

Above 85% there are 18 Wii exclusives, 22 PS3 exclusives, 14 360 exclusives

Above 80% there are 34 Wii exclusives, 31 PS3 exclusives, 34 360 exclusives

Overall there are about 100 360 exclusives and about half as many PS3 exclusives. So it really matters how you look at in. In my opinion, over 80% and 90%, PS3 and 360 are about tied. I never claimed PS3 has less exclusives then 360, I only said the difference isn't a big deal, and it isn't. Even if you include Wii.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

Around the Network
kitler53 said:

i already have both and this won't make me switch.  sony is making tons great games, an area MS should consider improving in.

Switch to what?

dsage01 said:
Michael-5 said:

I never counted Alan Wake 2 or Halo Remake in anything. I only said anything is possible this E3, and said they are possibilities. It's still 3 PS3 games versus 2 360 games. If you count all the exclusives, even the less impactful ones, it's 8 to 6 in favor of 360 I believe. Yea a lot of the 360 games are Kinect, and I personally won't get any, but the idea of Panzer Dragoon is pretty cool.

You're singling out my excluson of The Last Guardian since it's a 2012 title, which has little to do for the arguement. You're ignoring the main point of 3 main PS3 games to 2 main 360 games for fall 2011. After E3 lets talk about 2012, but until then 2012's lineup is almost pure speclation. I mean only recently did they announce an Assassin's Creed for 2011. Common man.

Also what Move exclusive games are confirmed for 2011? InFamous 2 is Move capable and so are other, and I included them, but there isn't a single confirmed 2011 Move exclusive that hasn't been released already.

Okay let's not get unannonuced titles into this. The only titles you guys should be including are titles that are guranteed to come out for 2011 or games that have already came out. Face it PS3 has many more exclusives this year than the 360. So far only Gears 3 and Forza 4 have been announced. By the way PS3 has more than 3 exclusives. Little Big Planet 2, Killzone 3, Socom 4, Mbl 2011 the show, Resisstance 3,  Twisted metal, Yakuza 4, Sorcery, Rachet and Clank, No more heros, Infamous 2, Motorstorm, Dc universe, Ape escape, FF versus, Starhawk, PS move heros, and some japense games that have already come out and more might come out too. So even if Halo remake, and Alan wake 2 do come out the 4 exclusives will die against PS3 mass number of exclusives. No Doubt that Gears 3 will be huge but how huge. If you really compare the 2 against Infamous 2, Killzone 3, LBP 2, and Uncharted 3. Those 4 games will crush Gears 3 and Forza 4 conbined. And if you add all those other small titles that can sell up to 500k-1million each the ratio will be almost 15:1 PS3. Ps3 will easily win this year.

Announce titles with a 2011 release date should be included in all debates where we talk about games comming out in 2011. It's likely that 1 or two Kinect titles become delayed to 2012, but that goes for Sony as well. The Last Guardian was delayed from a fall 2011 as well as a fall 2010 title, and in the past GT5 and LittleBigPlanet 2 were delayed into the following years. We can't assume 360 will see more delayed games then PS3. For all we know, at E3 they may announce more.

It's only logical and fair to include all relatively major software released. If you include Twisted Metal, a game which was originally planned to be an Arcade game, then you must include Steel Batallion and Rise of Nightmares for Kinect, which have always been full retail titles.

Again, I never said PS3 did not have more exclusive titles for 2011, we are only debating the comment I made that "PS3 and 360 have about the same number of exclusives titles comming out." So stop including Killzone 3, LittleBigPlanet 2, SOCOM, MLB, Yakuza 4 and so on.

Also get your facts straight. No More Heros is not a PS3 exclusive, Sorcery, and FF XIII Versus are 2012 titles, and Starhawk is only rumored.

You can't speculate on 2012, just because MS hasn't announced anything for 2012 doesn't mean there will be no more 360 exclusives after Project Kingdos. 2012 is too much to speculate, Sony often announce games years before release, but with the exception of Fable 2, Microsoft tends to announce games 1-2 years in adance. After E3 we can talk about 2012.

You keep avoiding the topic that were questioning, and include a whole bunch of PS3 titles that are either rumored or planed for a 2012 release. Stop it.

Again I am not debating 2011 total sales, just fall 2011. Game wise it's 8 to 6 for 360, and 360 titles will likely sell more software combined. As for 2011 total sales, if Halo CE Remake is real and a 2011 title, 360 software sales will still be higher, even though PS3's gamecount will be higher overall.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database

Ajescent said:

I've said it once and I'll say it again, the day Sony leaves the gaming industry is the day I stop buying games.

They'll never leave the gaming industry, like SEGA.

S.T.A.G.E. said:
Michael-5 said:
XxXProphecyXxX said:
Michael-5 said:

Yea, but many of PS3's exclusives never made it outside of Japan. I think on North American and european shores, the total number of exclusives is still slightly more on the 360, but the different really isn't that big. However ontop of that, a 360 timed exclusive is cheaper to buy as it's an older game.

As for fall 2011 - Twisted Metal was originally an arcade game. How can you call this a hot AAA title, but a likely Panzer Dragoon game casual. How old are you, Panzer Dragoon is one of the best franchises in gaming, seeing a new installment is just as big, if not bigger, then a new Twisted Metal.

As for The Last Guardian, that's a 2012 title, it was delayed a long while ago, so get your facts straight. If you want to count this game, then you have to count Cryteks 360 exclusive Project Kingdoms, or Alan Wake 2. Also KZ3 and LBP2 already released. I was only refering to upcoming games because people someone said "PS3 has significanly more games then 360's 2 games coming out" which isn't true.

So for the rest of 2011, PS3 Basically only has Resistance 3, Uncharted 3, and InFamous 2. That's a 3:2 ratio between the more major 9/10 games from PS3 to 360. Microsoft always announces a game late, and there is strong rumor of a Halo: Combat Evolved remake, so after E3 this list could even out.

ICO Collection will be a great game, I only refer to it as modest because it won't be a console seller like Uncharted 3 or Gears 3 will be. This is a game for people who already own a PS3 and missed out on those games on the PS2. It's impact on console sales will be no stronger then Rise of Nightmares exclusive for 360, so if were going to ignore at least 3 quality Kinect games (Steel Batallion, Project Dracon, and Rise of Nightmares among others like Haunt, Michael Phelps, Heavy Fire: Afghanistan, and Codename D), it's fair to ignore games like this and Twisted Metal (which I'll repeat, was originally intended to be a PSN title).

WOW....

basically your line up for 360 to combat ps3 is a bunch of unannounced titles and specualtions?you keep on bringing up that alan wake 2 and halo remake shit wheres your proof? if thats the case lets throw in unannounced games that sony first party are developing shall we? hmm lets see sonybend game,sony santa monica 2 game being developed rumour,starhawk,Quantic new ps3 exclusive,sony cambridge,sony london studio,heavenly sword 2 rumor....you also keep on putting kinect titles but no PSmove? I doesnt matter either way  even if you dont list em you can still name more than 5 games for ps3 2011 line up unlike for 360 which you need to pull every thing just to match ps3's.

you guys like to throw your "MS announces games late" BULL CRAP when  games like alan wake or conviction was revealed in fukin 2005 or games like fable 2 and gears 2 which was announce year or 2 ago before its released.

Finally to finish this off notice how even if I dont include a bunch of rumored and speculated titles aswell as PSmove crap on ps3 line up it still can match everything 360 got to offer down the line while you need to name unannounced games and kinects just to even it out with ps3.....YUP no big difference there(rolls eye).

It's not 8 to 6 in favor of anything for Microsoft. The PS3 still has exclusives ontop of 15-or 16 which are still waiting to arrive. This includes Move titles. Move and Kinect are the genres battling out with each other and neither of those are AAA. Two games are still two games and the only time that will change is during E3. If Microsoft talks about more kinect games it still wont count. Core games is what its coming down to and thats what is driving Sonys sales right now. The core gamers who still have a last gen system or own another console are buying competitors consoles or a new gen console for the first time and Sony is eating them up because of the games despite the PSN issue. Microsoft only has a chance in fall, which is why you're only counting fall, when there are still three other quarters in the entire year. The overall year will account for more Sony consoles being purchased in fall (wait and see). Gears 3 will help, but only as much as Kinect did. As much as I love to Gears franchise I believe it's reached its peak in sales. It will still sell well and Forza 4 will only really sell in Europe. Now that GT5 is out, we'll see how many people will even care. 

PS3 has 15-16 games waiting to arrive, but only 6 more for 2011, which is what I'm debating. 2012 is too far away to speculate, especally before E3.

Neither Kinect or Move have AA titles? Dance Central is AAA, Sorcery will likely be 80% Plus, Project Dragon (likely a Panzer Dragoon pinoff), Steel Batallion and at least 1 other Kinect tiles will be 80% Plus, with at least 1 being AAA. I mean out of the 6 Kinect games I listed, it's unlikely more then 3 of them will get scores below 8/10.

As for console sales, why is this comming up? It's still 8 to 6 games for fall 2011. I agree with you overall yearly sales will be in favor of PS3, but 360 will catch up this fall, just like it did last.

vr6GOLFr32 said:

I've seen a lot of comments that said it's probably the CoD fanboys out their whining about switching to the 360. It would make sense anyways considering a lot of these fanboys are the ones bitching. I saw soo many comments from people saying "omg I was on a 70 game win streak and you guys f*cked up Sony!" and other stupid comments.

I for one will NOT be switching. I switched from the 360 to the PS3 for various reason, and I don't plan on making a mistake like that at all. I enjoy my Uncharted, Resistance, InFamous, Twisted Metal, Killzone, Socom, and other various exclusives too much to make the jump to enjoy the one and only game I like on the 360, and that's Gears of War.

Quote of the thread.