By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS3 users are you thinking of switching to a Xbox 360?

I have both, but the PS3 will always be my main console ...

Only because i'm not into Halo or Geow (and those 2 games define the xbox) ..

More original games are developed for the PS3

Around the Network
Squilliam said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Squilliam said:

All I can say is that fanatics will be fanatics. Anyway would I switch from the PS3 to an Xbox 360? If I had just PS3 that would be stupid and if I had just an Xbox 360 the switch would be stupid too. Neither really offers enough USP to really justify owning a 2nd for anyone who fits within the normal distribution of console owners.

Unless a 360 only owner really, really likes Gears 3 and Forza three, it's not just a risky decision to trade in the systems and get a PS3 for the games coming out this year.

Sure if there were two games coming out on the Xbox 360 and however many games coming out on the PS3 that might be the case. Unfortunately there are a couple of dozen great multiplatform games coming too and that kinda waters down the Sony exclusive lineup given most people would be hard pressed to buy more than 2-3 games in a year.

It doesn't water down the Sony lineup if they have the games.

In most cases it just boils down to the issue of how much you have invested in a given platform.

Yes, there's that emotional attachment thing going on for brand loyalists, but in most cases it's a much simpler issue of how many games you have for a given platform, how much content you've purchased for it,  how many hours worth of game saves you have and maybe even how many trophies/achievements you've accumulated.

Because let's be serious here; if you have say, over 20 games, over $100 in peripherals/controllers, over $200 worth of DLC, whether that's games, DLC, whatever, or hundreds of hours worth of game saves, you're not going to just sell your console and all your games and peripherals for a couple hundred bucks and start over on a comparable platform. That's just a stupid waste of time and money.

If you've been on a platform for less than or about a year, you haven't accumulated more than a handful of games or bought much DD content, then sure; it's a lot easier to transfer platforms and start over.

S.T.A.G.E. said:

Yeah it does. Games aren't pokemon, you don't catch them all. Most people don't buy that many games anyway and they can easily substitute. The general public doesn't act like babies if a game is exclusive on a system they don't own, people on vgchartz act like babies.

Tease.

Just finished ready the "study" and the 21% is pure bull there were 2132 people they talked to but only 41% of those had a ps3 so thats 874 people who's answers are actually valid of that 21% said they might switch so thats 184 people in the USA only, and they also didn't even specify what switching meant, does it mean switch which console you use multiplats on, which one you game mostly one, sell one and buy the other, in short the study was completely BS and the story on it was even more bs so yeah don't believe everything you read, or anything on this site as the case seems to be based on the articles I'm seeing 

Around the Network

no not this gen, I can't just for out money for a new system just yet

However, ever putting my cc info with Sony ever again is seriously in doubt

I started making videos for youtube; check them out.

Contra (No Deaths): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_OdnbGgupM

Super C (No Deaths): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XHoJrHWATgU

Mike Tyson's Punch-Out!! (Mike Tyson TKO): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J4L7oDV79aw

Systems owned: Atari 2600, NES(3), Top loader NES, Yobo NES, SNES, Sega Genesis, Sega Gamegear, Sega Nomad, Sega Saturn, Nintendo 64, Gamecube, Playstation 2, Wii, PS3 (slim 120 GB), Wii U

You should congratulate me. I destroyed the vile red falcon and saved the universe. I consider myself a hero.

not a chance

i didn't lose anything on PSN, and im offline anyway.

when PSN goes live again you'll see me there.

the_wizard_man said:

Just finished ready the "study" and the 21% is pure bull there were 2132 people they talked to but only 41% of those had a ps3 so thats 874 people who's answers are actually valid of that 21% said they might switch so thats 184 people in the USA only, and they also didn't even specify what switching meant, does it mean switch which console you use multiplats on, which one you game mostly one, sell one and buy the other, in short the study was completely BS and the story on it was even more bs so yeah don't believe everything you read, or anything on this site as the case seems to be based on the articles I'm seeing 

i've heard this argument before in a thread i made about a study on kids and race and i'd have to agree with you.

very objective

Squilliam said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

Yeah it does. Games aren't pokemon, you don't catch them all. Most people don't buy that many games anyway and they can easily substitute. The general public doesn't act like babies if a game is exclusive on a system they don't own, people on vgchartz act like babies.

Um what? Dude...the point is Sony has like the mass bulk of the 360's games aside from two or three exclusives this year (or until E3 that we know of). Sony is going be drowning in games this year on the exclusive side as well as the multiplatform side. Microsofts hot exclusives are only at two in Gears and Forza and the Templar game...well no one knew about that crap.

No way..why should I when PS3 still entertains? Just buy a bunch of single players and need to pass the time during an outage like this...Meanwhile Sony takes care of the network and stolen cc stuff...If I ever did wanna switch 360 is never an option.