By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS3 users are you thinking of switching to a Xbox 360?

Naw, if the 360 had any games I wanted, I would've bought it a long time ago. It's not like I don't have the money for two consoles either, and I don't hate Microsoft like some ppl on here, so it all comes down to the games for me.

I am the Playstation Avenger.

Around the Network

that would make no sense to switch, i would still have to pay for online and i really dont want to do that, not worth it. years of free online gaming with 2 weeks laspe versus having to pay?? Ill take my chances with Sony and between Netflix and Assassins Creed Brotherhood (which is pure fire) ive barely noticed

It's hard for me to be pissed about all this. Then again, I've been a little busy with lots of singleplayer action in MK9 and DS, though I really do wanna play DS online now =/

I would've been way more frustrated with a bricked console.

Seeing as it's almost confirmed that CC info is safe, I'll probably eventually almost forgot this all happened....

ps:  the 360 aint got games!

http://soundcloud.com/cathode

PSN: Parasitic_Link

bannedagain said:
Spedfrom said:
Reasonable said:

The majority of PS3 owners won't switch for the same reason the majority of 360 owners didn't switch with RROD.  They want the games and they'll forgive and forget to get them.

I mean some people for sure will switch, but not many I'm sure.  Same way some people probably gave up on 360 during the RROD days but not enough to notice.

Reasonable user posts reasonable response. Thread ends reasonably.

RROD was a covered issue. Also it did push a lot over in there decision on what system to buy. I'm willing to bet if RROD never happened, you would see the gap over 10-15 million or more. IT had a hugh impact on who would buy what. Most average people heard it here or there and said, F that I'm not willing to deal with that. Some realized they where covered for 3 years and thought that was a good move. Most didn't.

People hearing on the news there information was stolen even if it's small is not good and won't be as bad as RROD but you will see some changes in thought about the service people use.

I think RROD held 360 back a bit - although not maybe as much as you note.  But we're talking about switching.  Few people in the big picture switched due to RROD and I believe - could be wrong, time will tell - that few people will switch from PS3 due to this.

RROD did probably hurt 360 uptake for sure.  Interestingly I don't think the PSN hack will hurt PS3 as much in terms of slowing uptake as RROD which is why, when the dust settles, in real terms the PSN hack will have had less impact than RROD in terms of cost/impact.

Now, if PSN gets hacked again short term or some other big issue... then all bets are off.

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

Hell no!! My PS3 works just fine. Don't like the 360 controller either. 

Around the Network

Nah, I don't even have anything special to lose on psn, I don't use a creditcard anyway. What would they do to me? Come to my house O_o Nah, the only bad thing about all of this for me is, I can't play Portal 2 with my friend. But meh, my schedule is busy enough as it is, but Portal was just pretty high on that list xD But I'll live.

Squilliam said:

All I can say is that fanatics will be fanatics. Anyway would I switch from the PS3 to an Xbox 360? If I had just PS3 that would be stupid and if I had just an Xbox 360 the switch would be stupid too. Neither really offers enough USP to really justify owning a 2nd for anyone who fits within the normal distribution of console owners.

Unless a 360 only owner really, really likes Gears 3 and Forza three, it's not just a risky decision to trade in the systems and get a PS3 for the games coming out this year.

Nope.

Online is barely an issue for me as I'm a 95% single player / story mode gamer. Never really had any inclination for MP gaming, and I've got no other burning reason to want to use PSN right now.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

S.T.A.G.E. said:
Squilliam said:

All I can say is that fanatics will be fanatics. Anyway would I switch from the PS3 to an Xbox 360? If I had just PS3 that would be stupid and if I had just an Xbox 360 the switch would be stupid too. Neither really offers enough USP to really justify owning a 2nd for anyone who fits within the normal distribution of console owners.

Unless a 360 only owner really, really likes Gears 3 and Forza three, it's not just a risky decision to trade in the systems and get a PS3 for the games coming out this year.

Sure if there were two games coming out on the Xbox 360 and however many games coming out on the PS3 that might be the case. Unfortunately there are a couple of dozen great multiplatform games coming too and that kinda waters down the Sony exclusive lineup given most people would be hard pressed to buy more than 2-3 games in a year.

Tease.

I'm not switching to the xbox 360 for two reasons:

1. I'm barely using my ps3 anyway, so I don't need to substitute it if I rarely use it anyway. (just the exclusives and the occasional round of Street Fighter). I might just as well go without it.

2. I don't own a 360. The exclusives don't really appeal to me (sorry to all the xbox-affectionados) and I'm not keen to pay 50 bucks yearly for a feature that I have been using for free for the past decade on other platforms, so I'm not going to buy one.

HOWEVER

I am considering some other options. Since the PSN security is as thick and sturdy as a sheet of toilet paper (all of our private information except CC-Data just in an unencrypted database, seriously???), I might stop using the PSN all-together and just use the PS3 for single-player only. Or I could go a step further and just stay on my preferred platform, the PC, alltogether.