By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS3 users are you thinking of switching to a Xbox 360?

gekkokamen said:

PS3 could be offline for all I care. Switching to X360? LMAO, if for some inconcievable reason I would trash my PS3 I'd consider going portable , wait for the NGP or something like that, at least I would get triple A exclusives in a regular basis and not 3 or 4 in 6 YEARS like the 360 lol

Exactly!!! Perfect! :)

PSN: franco-br
MGS4, GH, MW2, GT5p, WipeoutHD, etc..etc..

Around the Network

HAHAHA, No.

i have both and if i didnt i never would have anyways.

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

The most humorous thing out of all of this tragedy for Sony was the fact that I sold my PS3 a good two weeks before the PSN got hacked. I just barely made my window of opportunity. I feel sorry for everyone that was affected by the attack though. But anyway, I'm fine with just my Xbox 360, my 3DS and my PC. And hopefully this years Nintendo Conference will win me back after the whole fiasco with the Wii. So I have already made my switch.

I'm so happy I'm a lover of all consoles.  Sure I have my preferences, but I acknowledge the strengths and weaknesses of each system.  PS3 has always been about variety, and they tend to have the best campaign modes, Xbox 360 has a massive online community and much of its exclusives have multiplayer-heavy content (most notably FPS games), whereas the Wii focuses on playing together in the same room (Smash Brothers, Mario Galaxy, Donkey Kong Country, Mariokart, NSMBWii).  

since I've always been like yahtzee, feeling that a game should be able to stand on its singleplayer, I tend to side with Sony...so the PSN being out has only one issue for me: I can't download the PSMove upgrade to Heavy Rain.  

and since it's been pretty much rendered moot, I don't even care about my personal information being compromised since I am on the internet, anyone can get that info if they wish to...and it's notlike I don't give it away freely.  I'm not paranoid, I'm not worried about identity theft like some people.  

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Around the Network

never, microsoft has nothing to tempt me

Humans are emotional beings. While most choices in our daily lives are purely rational. When a choice concerns a strong emotional component. The emotion most often trumps any rational arguments for or against something. Few emotions are as strong as fear, paranoia, and anger. These are perhaps the most primitive emotions. They are rooted in the very begining of our brains, and the very core of our psyches. People will make decisions on these emotions alone.

This thread is fairly bogus, because lets be frank about this. People that visit these forums are already biased. They have far too much on the line emotionally at this point. The fear of damaged ego counter balances any dangers that are real or inferred. Simply put you have far too much on the line now to walk away. Further more you probably have too much time and money invested at this point. That said you have two powerful motivators at work the pot committed mentality, and the self validation mentality. You can probably forgive the console of most any sin at this point. 

What we have here is a lot of people making decisions with their gut. People who are emotionally attached that are too afraid to leave even if there is danger or serious harm. People who are afraid, and are trying to get away from what they see as real danger and real harm. Neither side seems to be wrong, and shouldn't necessarily be ragged upon. We all get so far into things that it is just too difficult to get out. We all want to remove things that scare us from our lives. When you no longer feel safe about a product that is supposed to entertain you. That product has no ceased to not only serve its purpose, but has become a source of irritation.

Anyway this thread doesn't prove much at all. People who have their self worth on the line will most often double their resolve. Those who are afraid will most often run away. People that are running away aren't going to run here. So you are not getting a real answer. Just a lot of people reinforcing their own decision. Which means even those staying are not all that secure about what they are doing.

P.S.

The deflection going on in this thread is pretty obvious.  What happened with the 360 over three years ago doesn't really matter right now. Neither does it justify or excuse your decision. Casting blame, or degrading others is the mark of not just a weak argument, but no argument at all. Be better then that, and my commendation to those that made arguments that were highlighting the pros of staying the coarse.

I honestly don't know why I would "switch" or most anyone else for that matter.

I really want to play Gears3, but thats about it. 

Dodece said:

Humans are emotional beings. While most choices in our daily lives are purely rational. When a choice concerns a strong emotional component. The emotion most often trumps any rational arguments for or against something. Few emotions are as strong as fear, paranoia, and anger. These are perhaps the most primitive emotions. They are rooted in the very begining of our brains, and the very core of our psyches. People will make decisions on these emotions alone.

This thread is fairly bogus, because lets be frank about this. People that visit these forums are already biased. They have far too much on the line emotionally at this point. The fear of damaged ego counter balances any dangers that are real or inferred. Simply put you have far too much on the line now to walk away. Further more you probably have too much time and money invested at this point. That said you have two powerful motivators at work the pot committed mentality, and the self validation mentality. You can probably forgive the console of most any sin at this point. 

What we have here is a lot of people making decisions with their gut. People who are emotionally attached that are too afraid to leave even if there is danger or serious harm. People who are afraid, and are trying to get away from what they see as real danger and real harm. Neither side seems to be wrong, and shouldn't necessarily be ragged upon. We all get so far into things that it is just too difficult to get out. We all want to remove things that scare us from our lives. When you no longer feel safe about a product that is supposed to entertain you. That product has no ceased to not only serve its purpose, but has become a source of irritation.

Anyway this thread doesn't prove much at all. People who have their self worth on the line will most often double their resolve. Those who are afraid will most often run away. People that are running away aren't going to run here. So you are not getting a real answer. Just a lot of people reinforcing their own decision. Which means even those staying are not all that secure about what they are doing.

P.S.

The deflection going on in this thread is pretty obvious.  What happened with the 360 over three years ago doesn't really matter right now. Neither does it justify or excuse your decision. Casting blame, or degrading others is the mark of not just a weak argument, but no argument at all. Be better then that, and my commendation to those that made arguments that were highlighting the pros of staying the coarse.

Are you sure you're in the right thread?