By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS3 users are you thinking of switching to a Xbox 360?

TRios_Zen said:
chocoloco said:
TRios_Zen said:

I'm not sure that many people on this sight understand the concept of random sampling of large populations and the associated error and confidence level.

I do not know how the survey was conducted, but I doubt it was truely random. If they went one type of store, or surveyed online that is not random at all. As you probably know a random sample must have equal oppurtunity for every ps3 owner to be asked this question. The survey does not come close to giving every person equal oppurtunity.

That is why some people are not taking the survey to seriously.

You are making a couple of fairly egregious assumptions, no offense:

1)  IF you don't know how the sampling was done, than jumping to the conclusion that it was done, NOT randomly, is, well...I'm just not sure how you make that jump without introducing personal bias (ie, I dont like what it said, so I don't *think* it was random, so it wasn't).

I have a problem accepting the survey becuase it just seems poorly reported. Trusted sources generally provide a plethora of information about the study (margins of error, how they retrieved their samples, how the questions were phrased). When a study does not provide this information, it immediately raises a red flag for me. The survey could be legitimate, but I would not accept it until I saw this information. Needless to say, its also a little odd that the spokesman for the company does not even seem to recognize what the survey questions asked (doesn't differentiate between the terms considering and deciding in his quote).

Around the Network

don't play online with either system, but if ever started to I would be wary of PSN, and thus if multiplat would get the 360 version.

most my friends have 360 anyway, so would have gotten that version regardless.

irstupid said:

don't play online with either system, but if ever started to I would be wary of PSN, and thus if multiplat would get the 360 version.

Thats stupid since you don't have to use any of your real info to play games... so the playing isn't effected in the least

the_wizard_man said:
irstupid said:

Thats stupid since you don't have to use any of your real info to play games... so the playing isn't effected in the least

have you ever heard of DLC?  there are some dlc, taht i actually do use, and in that case what is needed?

credit card info ad billing address.  Or lets say its an MMO.  not sure why i would not use my computer, but in case of say DC Universe i hear console version is better.  i need to use cc info for that game.

but yea otherwise i could jsut make a bs name and what not to play COD online with NO DLC. but then again revert back to my last point.  My friends all ahve 360's.  so if i wanted to play online, would i not want to join them.  Thus was saying this whole thing is moot for me.

the only game im getting for my 360 this year is gears 3, although Im only getting a few for my ps3 as well (uc3, tm, b3 and unfortunately call of fucking duty), the rest ill be getting on my pc and with the witcher 2 coming out plus la noire, I could care less about a psn blackout, hell let it continue ill feel more obligated to actually complete my single player games anyways lol.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE  PLAYSTATION 3 : RPG FAN CLUB

Around the Network
Pristine20 said:

The only game I play online is KZ2. Can't play it on 360 so the answer's no.

holy shit you play an ass ton of kz2, 319,000 kills?  thats crazy man.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE  PLAYSTATION 3 : RPG FAN CLUB

You know, there's plenty of games on both systems, but all the best games are multiplayform and the best exclusives are on PS3 and Wii.  don't get me wrong, 360 has some truly awesome games by most criteria, but the system is kinda narrowminded in its focus:  Shooters and online play.  I like shooters, but they're one of my least favorite genres, and I can't handle the dedication needed to make XboxLive worth my money...I have a life outside of videogames and there's nothing more frustrating than being forced to pay to play with your friends. 

While the PS3's network is down and I feel for any who are paranoid about their personal information, oe even worse, had their credit card data stolen, I think the whole "bawww, I can't play games online!" hatred is absolutely stupid and selfish.  If you are so addicted to playing games online that you can't go a few weeks without playing, I really think you need to re-evaluate your life.  

my PS3 is more reliable, has more uses (I love the Blu Ray), more exclusive games and they seem to cater to my tastes: Strong singleplayer games with Multiplayer as an addon rather than the focus.  

So yeah, either way, I'm happy with my decision to stick with Sony, and I'm even more happy that I have a 360 as well so I don' miss out on their good games either.  

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

irstupid said:
the_wizard_man said:
irstupid said:

have you ever heard of DLC?  there are some dlc, taht i actually do use, and in that case what is needed?

credit card info ad billing address.  Or lets say its an MMO.  not sure why i would not use my computer, but in case of say DC Universe i hear console version is better.  i need to use cc info for that game.

but yea otherwise i could jsut make a bs name and what not to play COD online with NO DLC. but then again revert back to my last point.  My friends all ahve 360's.  so if i wanted to play online, would i not want to join them.  Thus was saying this whole thing is moot for me.

PSN cards lol

why would we think that? and no.

Being in 3rd place never felt so good

the_wizard_man said:
irstupid said:
the_wizard_man said:
irstupid said:

PSN cards lol

was just in digital distribution topic so i take cards in that light.

what is the point of digital distribution if i have to go to the store to buy a card in order to enter that card into my ps3, when i can in seconds just enter my own credit card or debit card. 

i did used to buy cards for star wars galaxies, but that was because whoever sold the cards was an idiot.  I would buy the box the card came in.  for some reason the card came in a game box the size pc games come in.  and inside that box was just a loose card flying around.  So i go to best buy and pick up a few boxes and shake them.  notice one box is slightly heavier or can hear more noise.  go to clerc and check out.  Sometimes i managed to get up to 7 cards in one box.  talk about a great deal.  get 7 months for the price of one.