By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Which game will get a higher meta score? Uncharted 3 or Gears 3?

Uncharted 3.

Even if U3 by some magical reason doesn't turn out that great, Critics will it eat up and reward it with lots of awards again. But Naughty Dog will deliver an awesome game again, and the recent trailers and news prove that. Alone the Splitscreen mode is a reason to buy the Uncharted again for me.

updated: 14.01.2012

playing right now: Xenoblade Chronicles

Hype-o-meter, from least to most hyped:  the Last Story, Twisted Metal, Mass Effect 3, Final Fantasy XIII-2, Final Fantasy Versus XIII, Playstation ViTA

bet with Mordred11 that Rage will look better on Xbox 360.

Around the Network

uncharted will I think. Because I've predicted the wrong score for the 2nd one.

I would have rated the first 2 a lot lower than they were scored. Good games though.

I think they both will be very close.

Way too early to call on which will be higher but after playing the Gears 3 Beta all week its hard for me to see how anything can top it.

cr00mz said:

Uncharted 3 : 85

Gears of War 3 : 90

it's been longer since Gears of War 2, so i think they have an easier time improving things from Gears of War 2.

Wow Epic will have to really screw up to get a 90. But Uncharted 3 getting  a 85! That's less than the first one. ND at it's worse will get a 89 and your here giving it a 85!!! Wow that's some really crazy shit.

Gears doesn't seem to be pulling anything huge for the single player. So i am going with inFAMOUS 2 on this one. oh wait, Uncharted 3. But inFAMOUS 2 will beat both =]...please?

Around the Network
radiantshadow92 said:

Gears doesn't seem to be pulling anything huge for the single player. So i am going with inFAMOUS 2 on this one. oh wait, Uncharted 3. But inFAMOUS 2 will beat both =]...please?

Well I loved Infamous but I don't think it'll beat games like Uncharted 3 and Gears 3 in meta or sales. But I see it can have a better sales and a better meta than the first game :)

gears of war 3 will get a 91.

Uncharted 3 will get a 92.

Both will be docked for being more of the same, but praised for their multiplayer improvements.

Gears 3 will get a high score because its co-op multiplayer feature that's been tweaked a bit

Uncharted 3 will get a high score considering its single-player is the best! Can't compete with that. So if I was to choose between the two it would more than likely go with Uncharted 3 because it delivers a better single player experience and Gears of War 3 is sort of recycled content but will be strong due to its co-op and multiplayer aspects.

xlost6 said:

Gears 3 will get a high score because its co-op multiplayer feature that's been tweaked a bit

Uncharted 3 will get a high score considering its single-player is the best! Can't compete with that. So if I was to choose between the two it would more than likely go with Uncharted 3 because it delivers a better single player experience and Gears of War 3 is sort of recycled content but will be strong due to its co-op and multiplayer aspects.

That's like  perfect ^. I have nothing to say.

Jay520 said:

I've realized something about games that get really high metacritics (93 ). They all fall into one of these categories:

1. They are new IPs (LBP, Bioshock, Gears of War)
2. They are new to the generation (GTA IV, MGS4, RDR)
3. They have a previous game this gen that wasn't rated really high (Un-charted 2, Mass Effect 2)

The only exception I can think of is SMG2 & MW2.  For that reason, I see UC3 & GeOW3 getting 93 tops.

Dude, 90% of the games fall in one of those categories

You may as well say "only games that follow a really high scoring game within the same generation don't get high metacritics". And even then, you found exceptions in SMG2 and MW2, lol.

Anyway, OP: To close to know, but I'm going to bet U3. Regardless, I believe both will be insanely high, despite high expectations.

No troll is too much for me to handle. I rehabilitate trolls, I train people. I am the Troll Whisperer.