By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Which game will get a higher meta score? Uncharted 3 or Gears 3?

dsage01 said:
homer said:

UC3=89

Gears 3=92

Do not forget what I have written, for it shall come to pass....

Okay it's your choice but I don't see Uncharted 3 getting less than a 91. Yo are pretty spot on for Gears though

Pretty much this. But UC3 around 94 I reckon

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Around the Network

U3 hands down there really stepping up in the MP area almost a new game compared to U2 MP if they do the same for its SP compared to U1 and U2s SP than watch out, G3 might get nit picked some b/c of the longer dev time

the only thing i see outdoing U3 this yr is battlefield 3

Play Me

Uncharted 3 : 85

Gears of War 3 : 90

it's been longer since Gears of War 2, so i think they have an easier time improving things from Gears of War 2.

Uncharted 90. I feel that this game has more expectations than Gears. Hence the current rather idiotic reviewers will dock points left and right on it.

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

LOL you know it'll be funny if both gets nitpicked by the critics and ended up in low 80's AHAHAHAHAH!

Around the Network
XxXProphecyXxX said:

LOL you know it'll be funny if both gets nitpicked by the critics and ended up in low 80's AHAHAHAHAH!

expect to hear lame rants like it's great but it's more of the same-ish

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

I was browsing Gametrailers earlier and came across the exact same locked thread

http://forums.gametrailers.com/thread/gears-3-or-uncharted-3-which-w/1204053

No one thinks ND or Epic can screw it, and provide a less than stelar game?

Kynes said:

No one thinks ND or Epic can screw it, and provide a less than stelar game?

I won't speak for Epic and Gears but Uncharted? Hell no. ND at it's worst will still make a great game. First two were amazing.

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

Nope!  Not a chance either of these games bomb or are a huge drop off in quality from previous versions.  

I figure that Uncharted 3 will go down to ~94% becuase of high expectations and the complete inability to maintain high scores like that long.  Look at LittleBigPlanet 2, it was agreed by ALL reviewers that it was a huge leap forward for LBP, better in every way,  yet it went from 94.5% down two percent to 92.5%.  I see about the same going here.  I figure the singleplayer will be on par to Uncharted 2, but the multiplayer to be a huge leap forward (seriously, looks amazing), but increased expectations mean it'll be a step down in review scores. 

Gears of War 1 wasn't anything special, just a mediocre game with some good ideas, and it got 93%, whereas the sequel had all those same good ideas, but didn't fumble and instead did a really damn good job and got the same score.  Left 4 Dead 2 was a much better game and yet got the same score.  What I'm trying to say is that I expect Gears of War 3 to be even better than the excellent Gears of War 2, but the difference in scores will benegligible, keeping it in the 93% range. 

Overall they'll both be REALLY damn close and I think Uncharted will come out on top when it comes to reviews, but Gears will do significantly more sales.  Both series are damn good, though, and I think PS3 and 360 users will all have something awesome to look forward to, so in the end we all win. 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android