By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Which game will get a higher meta score? Uncharted 3 or Gears 3?

zgamer5 said:

did this require 3 threads?

I posted 2 by mistake. My computer froze and I clicked the post button twice so........

Around the Network

This thread won't end well.

Rockstar: Announce Bully 2 already and make gamers proud!

Kojima: Come out with Project S already!

huaxiong90 said:

why do you think so.

I know I make the most controversal threads in this site but why do you think this thread won't end well.

i would think it better to see them at e3 first to do this thread but

gears 3 ----- 93%

uncharted 3 95%

dsage01 said:
huaxiong90 said:

why do you think so.

I know I make the most controversal threads in this site but why do you think this thread won't end well.

Because we don't know much about the games. Reviews (usually) look at the game in detail, and analyze every detail within the game. At this point, it's just asking for who has the bigger e-peen.

Mind you, I'd actually like to see honest opinions. Problem is, the history of these kind of threads speak for themselves.

Rockstar: Announce Bully 2 already and make gamers proud!

Kojima: Come out with Project S already!

Around the Network

Both will be great games no doubt about it. But I find it very hard to believe any game will compete with Uncharted 3 as far as review scores go. It will be much of the same with I think with Uncharted3 ringing in a Meta score around 96%. A score that high instantly puts it in the runing for greatest game of all time. I just can't see Gears going side by side with a game like that. Gears will probably bring in a meta score around 93% which is more than respectable. 

Gears of War 3 - 94%

Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception - 96% (it would be 100% if we lived in a fair world... and half or 3/4 tucks were properly rewarded)

Didn't someone already make this exact same thread a few weeks or months ago? Pretty sure it's not my imagination.

dsage01 said:
huaxiong90 said:

why do you think so.

Nah that would be Wessle.

I've realized something about games that get really high metacritics (93 ). They all fall into one of these categories:

1. They are new IPs (LBP, Bioshock, Gears of War)
2. They are new to the generation (GTA IV, MGS4, RDR)
3. They have a previous game this gen that wasn't rated really high (Un-charted 2, Mass Effect 2)

The only exception I can think of is SMG2 & MW2.  For that reason, I see UC3 & GeOW3 getting 93 tops.