By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Michael Jackson: The Experience sold 3k in EMEAA after all that advertising? Wow that's really bad

Good sales for the Kinect version in the US though

Around the Network

And the PS3 still rides on top. I have never seen a third place console do this before. Please Sony cut to the PS3 to $199, I would love to see the scrambling.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)

geez, it's only april and hardware is terrible.  at this rate everything but the 3DS will drop below 100k at some point this year.

binary solo said:

It is out, it just sold really badly. 19K opening week. One of the casualties of not having a top 200 chart.

Anyway, how does PS3 outsell Wii and 360 yet have so much lower software? We're almost back to the whole PS3 doesn't move software scenario.

Because we have PS3 SW undertracked by like 80 Million or something

480 Million units of SW shipped WW... 385 Million sold WW...

Anyway, OT:

Huge Kinect boost this Week. With new SW, comes new buyers.

Nice to see PS3 hold onto that top spot too

the consoles need pricecut

Around the Network
kowenicki said:

the Wii and now 360 seem to benefit from holiday sales more... dont see it being any different this year tbh.

The Wii... Yes. It has done since launch.

The 360, still debatable. It did well last Year due to a mix of things. Kinect, Slim, Halo, Fable, Giftcards and $500 Million advertising. You can't say it benefits more from the Holidays just because of one Years sales where literally everything was stacked in its favour.

kowenicki said:
psrock said:

And the PS3 still rides on top. I have never seen a third place console do this before. Please Sony cut to the PS3 to $199, I would love to see the scrambling.

You have to look at the bigger picture...

Yes PS3 is doing relatively well at the moment... relative to the competition that is.

But this is the first genuine 3 console race and never has a first placed console dropped so hard before.  Those are the two factors most significant this gen.  Last gen the 2nd and 3rd placed console were simply fighting over scraps, with the GC losing out.  This gen there has been much toing and froing.

To be fair, You and many others had expected Kinect to ride the 360 over the PS3 for the rest of these Gen. So, yes I am looking at the big picture. While the 360 hasbecome the most balanced system being able to attract both casual and core gamers in large numbers. The PS3 has stand ground in the face of the fastest selling device ever. That's the big picture.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)

I wonder if the US wii numbers are accurate.  VGC still has it ~57k higher (NA) than the PS3 last month even though NPD had it at least ~30k lower (US).  Actually if it is still being overtracked by a similar amount weekly, it would be right at 100k this week.

kowenicki said:
psrock said:
kowenicki said:
psrock said:

Yes PS3 is doing relatively well at the moment... relative to the competition that is.

But this is the first genuine 3 console race and never has a first placed console dropped so hard before.  Those are the two factors most significant this gen.  Last gen the 2nd and 3rd placed console were simply fighting over scraps, with the GC losing out.  This gen there has been much toing and froing.

To be fair, You and many others had expected Kinect to ride the 360 over the PS3 for the rest of these Gen. So, yes I am looking at the big picture. While the 360 hasbecome the most balanced system being able to attract both casual and core gamers in large numbers. The PS3 has stand ground in the face of the fastest selling device ever. That's the big picture.

I see... so you have changed the argument now and you see one single aspect of current sales is the big bicture....?

No.  The big picture is this:

The PS3 sitting in third has manged to be the best weekly performer recently.... unheard of.

The Wii sales have collapsed faster than any other 1st place console ever, so much so that it is either 3rd or second every week now.... unheard of.

The 360 is the oldest console and yet is the only console able to show increased YOY sales... in year 6... unheard of.

Now THATS the big picture.

But you want to concentrate and a pretty weak attempt at knocking Kinect... yet again.

If you want me to knock Kinect, I can though, but stop accusing people of attacking something when I am not.

Anyways, I have to give it to the 360 for selling so well after 6 years in the market. Kinect has really help the 360 espacially in America.

The Wii has aged, Nintendo unlike MS or Sony did not realease a ( Slim, Kinect, Move) like device to keep it going and with them focusing on the Wii HD, Has basicly left the gamers to play the games they already have.

The PS3 is now surviving because its getting first party support like no other consoles. Although over priced right now, it is standing ground, but needs help in America where the brand is being killed by the 360.

Next Gen 

kowenicki said:
psrock said:
kowenicki said:
psrock said:

I see... so you have changed the argument now and you see one single aspect of current sales as the big bicture....?

No.  The big picture is this:

The PS3 sitting in third has manged to be the best weekly performer recently.... unheard of.

The Wii sales have collapsed faster than any other 1st place console ever, so much so that it is either 3rd or second every week now.... unheard of.

The 360 is the oldest console and yet is the only console able to show increased YOY sales... in year 6... unheard of.

Now THATS the big picture.

But you want to concentrate and a pretty weak attempt at knocking Kinect... yet again.

I agree 100% with what kowen said.