By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

PS3 in america is like 360 in EMEAA.

Around the Network
Carl2291 said:
binary solo said:

It is out, it just sold really badly. 19K opening week. One of the casualties of not having a top 200 chart.

Anyway, how does PS3 outsell Wii and 360 yet have so much lower software? We're almost back to the whole PS3 doesn't move software scenario.

Because we have PS3 SW undertracked by like 80 Million or something

480 Million units of SW shipped WW... 385 Million sold WW...

Anyway, OT:

Huge Kinect boost this Week. With new SW, comes new buyers.

Nice to see PS3 hold onto that top spot too

The software of all the consoles are undertracked.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

PS3 beast. Still managed to come up on top. Even MJ couldn't stop it.

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

Pavolink said:
Carl2291 said:
binary solo said:

It is out, it just sold really badly. 19K opening week. One of the casualties of not having a top 200 chart.

Anyway, how does PS3 outsell Wii and 360 yet have so much lower software? We're almost back to the whole PS3 doesn't move software scenario.

Because we have PS3 SW undertracked by like 80 Million or something

480 Million units of SW shipped WW... 385 Million sold WW...

Anyway, OT:

Huge Kinect boost this Week. With new SW, comes new buyers.

Nice to see PS3 hold onto that top spot too

The software of all the consoles are undertracked.

But not nearly as much as PS3 is.

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

hatmoza said:

But not nearly as much as PS3 is.

Of course no. NDS was more undertracked, and Wii was about 70-80M. TheSource point that time ago in one of the threads about financial results.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Around the Network
Alby_da_Wolf said:

So what pushed Kinect in America was a dead and bleached man? Americans are strange.  OTOH, heavy advertising just pushed it by 6k more in EMEAA... Maybe Europeans don't trust devices mixing up with undead singers....   

Anyway, America is supporting Kinect and 3DS more than any other region.

Japan helps 3DS too to keep WW sales leadership some more weeks, but it also keeps on giving PSP a second youth.

PS3 first again amongst home consoles. Its big YoY drop also shows that during April of last year it was still enjoying the huge sales boost since the previous September price drop, so it looks like price drops benefit PS3 the most and the longer.

Of course the Americas is the largest market.  And as an American, It seems that they are the largest casual market as well from my personal observation.  Dance games will cater to the casuals first as a whole.  And with the PS3 being the most expensive console in the market while selling the most worldwide will get a tremendous boost with a price drop.  Demand great prices = awesome stuff.

kowenicki said:
psrock said:
kowenicki said:
psrock said:

And the PS3 still rides on top. I have never seen a third place console do this before. Please Sony cut to the PS3 to $199, I would love to see the scrambling.

You have to look at the bigger picture...

Yes PS3 is doing relatively well at the moment... relative to the competition that is.

But this is the first genuine 3 console race and never has a first placed console dropped so hard before.  Those are the two factors most significant this gen.  Last gen the 2nd and 3rd placed console were simply fighting over scraps, with the GC losing out.  This gen there has been much toing and froing.

To be fair, You and many others had expected Kinect to ride the 360 over the PS3 for the rest of these Gen. So, yes I am looking at the big picture. While the 360 hasbecome the most balanced system being able to attract both casual and core gamers in large numbers. The PS3 has stand ground in the face of the fastest selling device ever. That's the big picture.

I see... so you have changed the argument now and you see one single aspect of current sales as the big bicture....?

No.  The big picture is this:

The PS3 sitting in third has manged to be the best weekly performer recently.... unheard of.

The Wii sales have collapsed faster than any other 1st place console ever, so much so that it is either 3rd or second every week now.... unheard of.

The 360 is the oldest console and yet is the only console able to show increased YOY sales... in year 6... unheard of.

Now THATS the big picture.

But you want to concentrate and a pretty weak attempt at knocking Kinect... yet again.

why do you defend kinect? is it because its made by ms? your a core gamer you shoudt like motion controls, thats why you dont have a wii.

even if i defend move sometimes its because it gave me a nice kz3 experience, but other then that i despise motion controls.

Being in 3rd place never felt so good

Lostplanet22 said:

The gap is 3.6m for ages;.

Anyway retailers over here had some nice sales for X360, 285 Euro for an X360 slim (250 GB ersion) Kinect adventures/kinect sports and MJ experience...and Kinect went down to 125 Euro...All just for one day/few days though..

Not really. The gap was around 5M for the longest while but PS3 has been doing extremely well and dwiddiling it down over time. Really fascinating considering the year later launch compared to the 360.

Wagram said:
Lostplanet22 said:

The gap is 3.6m for ages;.

Anyway retailers over here had some nice sales for X360, 285 Euro for an X360 slim (250 GB ersion) Kinect adventures/kinect sports and MJ experience...and Kinect went down to 125 Euro...All just for one day/few days though..

Not really. The gap was around 5M for the longest while but PS3 has been doing extremely well and dwiddiling it down over time. Really fascinating considering the year later launch compared to the 360.

I remember when the gap was almost 9 million.

kowenicki said:
tombi123 said:

GTA4 PS3... lol 

PS3 leading the home consoles. Seriously didn't see that coming after the sales last holiday season.

the Wii and now 360 seem to benefit from holiday sales more... dont see it being any different this year tbh.

The wii is always crazy on holidays, but 360 had the Slim and Kinect while the move was slowing down during the holidays.