By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Miyamoto: Cafe rumors "where there's smoke there's fire" and lots more

Kenryoku_Maxis said:

If you asked be even 2-3 years ago, I would have never said Miyamoto should allow anyone else to touch Mario or Zelda.  But now that Mario Galaxy has come out...I'm starting to think new groups could not only handle Mario, but take the series to a new level.

And as far as Zelda is concerned, I'm kinda getting tired of Anouma being in charge.  Sure, the games got better in some ways.  But in other ways, they seem to be even less unique than the past titles.  And I'm really tired of the repetative dungeon designs.  If any series needs some 'fresh blood' in my opinion, its Zelda.  Hopefully Skyward Sword and its new director can do that (in a positive way).

Also, nice cover up Miyamoto.  'Always making new hardware'.  Yet he didn't flat out deny a new system is in the works like he did the Wii HD.

What Zelda needs is something that crosses the three different schools of design we've seen: the action and exploration-oriented old school Zelda, the puzzle-oriented DS Zeldas, and the more richly developed 3D titles

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Around the Network
Dand said:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

I want a new IP.

Only a month old, and still not getting any love.

noname2200 said:
Dand said:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

I want a new IP.

Only a month old, and still not getting any love.

That game does look fun.  But its on a brand new platform (low sales) and frankly, there have been many games like it before.  Heck I can play a similar submarine flash game over at orisinal.com.

I'll probably get it when I finally get a 3DS.  But its not exactly revolutionary.  I'd actually say games like Kirby's Canvas Curse and Ouendan that came out within the first year of the original DS are more unique.  Nintendo needs to come out with something like that which can make the 3D aspect unique to the DS.

Mr Khan said:
Kenryoku_Maxis said:

If you asked be even 2-3 years ago, I would have never said Miyamoto should allow anyone else to touch Mario or Zelda.  But now that Mario Galaxy has come out...I'm starting to think new groups could not only handle Mario, but take the series to a new level.

And as far as Zelda is concerned, I'm kinda getting tired of Anouma being in charge.  Sure, the games got better in some ways.  But in other ways, they seem to be even less unique than the past titles.  And I'm really tired of the repetative dungeon designs.  If any series needs some 'fresh blood' in my opinion, its Zelda.  Hopefully Skyward Sword and its new director can do that (in a positive way).

Also, nice cover up Miyamoto.  'Always making new hardware'.  Yet he didn't flat out deny a new system is in the works like he did the Wii HD.

What Zelda needs is something that crosses the three different schools of design we've seen: the action and exploration-oriented old school Zelda, the puzzle-oriented DS Zeldas, and the more richly developed 3D titles

On that topic, I think the 3D titles have plenty of focus on action and exploration.  I just think they are stuck in a rut.  I mean, look at Twilight Princess.  No one can say its not the biggest and most content filled Zelda out there.  Problem is, because there's so much content, it breaks the flow of past Zelda games.  And most of the extra content didn't change the game, only extend it.  Instead of having short bits of dialogue followed by hours of epxloration and dungeon crawling, its more like an hour of dialogue, followed by an hour of riding your horse, an hour looking for bugs, then another hour getting to the dungeon......its just too big.

While many series are getting penalized for not having enough content or being too short, some series should scale back, like Zelda.

Six upcoming games you should look into:

cant wait for E3

Around the Network
Kenryoku_Maxis said:

If you asked be even 2-3 years ago, I would have never said Miyamoto should allow anyone else to touch Mario or Zelda. 

Capcom made 2 Zelda games on the Gameboy.  Oracle of Ages and Oracle of Seasons.

He denied a Wii HD.  Which never was and never will be in the works.   What he is stating now is that Nintendo (and indeed all hardware companies) start work on the next generation console even before the new one is launched.  The engineers and design team don't just take a 3-4 year vacation and then start working on new hardware.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

“Even when the Wii launched we were developing new hardware, work on 3DS had already started. It’s a matter of when we announce it.”

Me thinks you'll be announcing it shortly Miyamoto san, else you wouldn't be having such fun talking about it.

I am not satisfied with the way Nintendo supported the ballance board or especially motion plus.  I am in fact  disapointed.  Ninty is still pushing the motion plus peripheral with the new wii play game, why?  Whats the point of having everyone buy one if you aren't planning on making any games for it outside of the "Mplus delivery system" type games that have been released so far?

Skyward Sword was supposed to be the Wiis Donkey Kong Country, the one to re-invigorate the console and showed gamers theres still a lot more the Wii can offer.

I don't know whats going on over there.  The idea of announcing a new console right now, considering even the state of the global economy on top of the ongoing destruction of Japan, has me in a state of bewildered anticipation.

This thing must be the absolute next level in interactive home gaming, mind blowing...  Otherwise it just can't add up.

"Me thinks you'll be announcing it shortly myamoto san, else you wouldn't be having such fun talking about it."

Where did he give any impression he was having fun talking about it? The article didn't really indicate any such thing.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

Kenryoku_Maxis said:

This time Miyamoto is very involved. That's why from Skyward Sword we have seen only a lot of more gameplay elements. Also, if I'm not wrong, the director of both DS Zeldas in working in this game.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Viper1 said:
Kenryoku_Maxis said:

If you asked be even 2-3 years ago, I would have never said Miyamoto should allow anyone else to touch Mario or Zelda. 

Capcom made 2 Zelda games on the Gameboy.  Oracle of Ages and Oracle of Seasons.

He denied a Wii HD.  Which never was and never will be in the works.   What he is stating now is that Nintendo (and indeed all hardware companies) start work on the next generation console even before the new one is launched.  The engineers and design team don't just take a 3-4 year vacation and then start working on new hardware.

Yes.  And the director the Capcom Zelda games is directing Skyward Sword.  But that's really been the one exception to the rule in the last 10 years or so.  All the other elda games have been overseen by Anouma and, in my opinion at least, rather repetative in design.  Hence why I said I was looking forward to see if Skyward Sword could improve the series.

Six upcoming games you should look into: