By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Miyamoto: Cafe rumors "where there's smoke there's fire" and lots more

* Already posted: that Mario 3DS will hopefully be coming this year
* He's busy working on a new Zelda, a new Mario, a new Mario Kart on 3DS, and a new Pikmin
* There are new AR titles being prepared for the 3DS (no details on whether these are retail games or downloadable)
* They celebrated Mario's 25th anniversary last year, and they intend to do the same this year for Link. He says there will be many products/merchandising (not sure about the translation on this, is he talking about games or CD/books?)
* About the "project cafe" rumors, he said they are always working on new hardware. He also added "where there's smoke there's fire", but that "you shouldn't believe everything you read [on the internet]".
* Some boring stuff about smartphone gaming
* He's thinking about entrusting the younger teams with traditional characters such as Mario and Zelda, so he can get more time to work for himself

"Indeed, Mario may still fly with its tail by Tanuki ... flop, flop, flop ... be patient."

* Also it seems that the new character he wanted to launch this year won't make it out, he said he was too busy with other titles at the moment and he's thinking about entrusting the younger teams with traditional characters such as Mario and Zelda, so he can get more time to work for himself

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=27295649&posted=1#post27295649

Around the Network

25th anniversary for zelda sounds exciting, all good stuff will be at E3, or most of it.

Buying in 2015: Captain toad: treasure tracker,

mario maker

new 3ds

yoshi woolly world

zelda U

majora's mask 3d

So E3 announcement confirmed but not screens on controler?

OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoO

So he basically stated the obvious, awesome.

y'okay, cool.

Around the Network

So now the question is,  Whats the new console going to be like,  not If there is going to be one, since it seems that has been answered.  

puffy said:

* Also it seems that the new character he wanted to launch this year won't make it out, he said he was too busy with other titles at the moment and he's thinking about entrusting the younger teams with traditional characters such as Mario and Zelda, so he can get more time to work for himself

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

I want a new IP.

Vetteman94 said:

So now the question is,  Whats the new console going to be like,  not If there is going to be one, since it seems that has been answered.  

The problem with that statement is we've known they've been working on a new console since Wii launched, it's how their R&D cycle at Nintendo works, I could have started to spread the rumor last year it would be as true as it is now which is we all know they're working on something we don't know what it is or what it does.

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

Dand said:
puffy said:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

I want a new IP.

This^

There goes my hope of having it on the Wii...

Until you've played it, every game is a system seller!

the original trolls

Wii FC: 4810 9420 3131 7558
MHTri: name=BOo BoO/ID=BZBLEX/region=US

mini-games on consoles, cinematic games on handhelds, what's next? GameBoy IMAX?

Official Member of the Pikmin Fan Club

i just hope he pays attentino to mario and zelda at least.

i don't want these new guys to ruin the series by taking it in some direction that sucks.  but in the same sense i'm excited that we may get some new exciting things in zelda. 

but more so the former.  more games sequals have been ruined by changes tehy though consumersm would like than been improved.  so i hope that these new guy don't listen to the bloggers and just do their thing.  internet bloggers are morons.