By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Has the Wii failed as a gamer console?

M.U.G.E.N said:
Conegamer said:

Nah, I'm not talking about quantity, more just HAVING a game in their. 

I don't follow 360 much, but it doesn't have much other than FPS' which are easy to see. Maybe PS3 has more, but that's MY opinion, which interest me and me only.

IMO, PS3>Wii>360, but that's my opinion. Wii has more Platformers, party, on-rails shooters and strategy it would seem. But PS3 otherwise.

again you're just changing your tune now.... the hd consoles have way way more variety in most of the genre out there than the wii..easily too. quantity AND quality wise.

i disagree about 360 too, true it has a lot of great FPS and it might not match up to ps3 in diversity of things but even that has more diversity than the wii..not just in shooters.

and on-rail shooters? really? that's something to be proud about? who in their right minds want a on rails vs a normal shooter.

not sure about strategy...not a genre I'm familiar with so can't answer that..platformers and party games? for sure

What's wrong with on-rail shooters?

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Around the Network

Looks at "my game list"... Hell No!

If it isn't turnbased it isn't worth playing   (mostly)

And shepherds we shall be,

For Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti. -----The Boondock Saints

Pavolink said:
M.U.G.E.N said:
Conegamer said:

Nah, I'm not talking about quantity, more just HAVING a game in their. 

I don't follow 360 much, but it doesn't have much other than FPS' which are easy to see. Maybe PS3 has more, but that's MY opinion, which interest me and me only.

IMO, PS3>Wii>360, but that's my opinion. Wii has more Platformers, party, on-rails shooters and strategy it would seem. But PS3 otherwise.

again you're just changing your tune now.... the hd consoles have way way more variety in most of the genre out there than the wii..easily too. quantity AND quality wise.

i disagree about 360 too, true it has a lot of great FPS and it might not match up to ps3 in diversity of things but even that has more diversity than the wii..not just in shooters.

and on-rail shooters? really? that's something to be proud about? who in their right minds want a on rails vs a normal shooter.

not sure about strategy...not a genre I'm familiar with so can't answer that..platformers and party games? for sure

What's wrong with on-rail shooters?

I don't see how on-rail shooters are good in any way or form compared to regular shooters....might be a personal preference

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

M.U.G.E.N said:

I don't see how on-rail shooters are good in any way or form compared to regular shooters....might be a personal preference

It really depends on the developer. I heard that Sin & Punishment is good. Personally, I enjoy a lot more both On-rail Chornicles on Wii than RE5 (X360 version), but prefer RE4 freedom compared with these.

Maybe one example is Dead Space. 1 and 2 are better experiences that Extraction for the majority of gamers. Still on-rails shooters are games and some people like.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Pavolink said:
M.U.G.E.N said:

It really depends on the developer. I heard that Sin & Punishment is good. Personally, I enjoy a lot more both On-rail Chornicles on Wii than RE5 (X360 version), but prefer RE4 freedom compared with these.

Maybe one example is Dead Space. 1 and 2 are better experiences that Extraction for the majority of gamers. Still on-rails shooters are games and some people like.

Fair enough :)

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

Around the Network

@conegamer no offense man, but you dont really lend credibility to your argument by admitting that you dont know much about the HD consoles, if anything your hurting it

Conegamer, your whole perspective here can be summed up by "I don't follow too much" and "lol".

And why you haven't given me a reply is a mystery. I expected you to at least try and disprove me.

The top selling console is the only one that really gets remembered, traditionally. NES, SNES, PS1, PS2, and now Wii. Everything else becomes an "also ran", just the way it goes. Can you recall all the candidates that ran for president last election? How about the one prior? Yeah, neither can I

The Carnival of Shadows - Folk Punk from Asbury Park, New Jersey

http://www.thecarnivalofshadows.com 

Yes, definitely.

The mature games are a joke, the online infrastructure is an even bigger joke, the graphics suck and there are very few AAA games on the system. I have played everything I wanted to play on the system and I'm honestly thinking of getting rid of it.

I've been playing video games on a regular basis since coleco vision and then the nes.  I've owned a wii since launch.  I (and my wife who months back bought a 2nd wii so we wouldnt have to share anymore) have played on it most every day since I've had it and have taken it out of town with me at times when I've traveled.   For a point of reference, I've spent over 40 hours on Zelda, 100 hours on The Conduit, 140 hours on MW:reflex, 160 hours on MH:Tri and 240 hours on Black Ops.  Now add on countless other hours with the other 15 games I have, and functions the wii has. (and no, i didnt include wii sports/resort or wii play...i mean, really?)

Am I a gamer?  ..And could wii possibly be a gamer machine with the right software in one's library?

nuff said