By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Has the Wii failed as a gamer console?

amp316 said:

If the title of this thread was The Wii has failed as a gamer console, you would have gotten hundreds of more responses.

And a ban for trolling.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PSP RPG FAN CLUB

Around the Network

My most total time spent on home consoles this gen is the Wii, not the PS3, and not the 360. Then again, I don't really play FPS on consoles, which is prolly why it ended up that way.

No.

It had lots of games, and lots of good ones, so it's a "gamer's" console.

no, totally not. I have been rewarded with so many awesome RPGs for the Wii I seriously can't under any circumstances say the Wii has failed me as gamer console.

updated: 14.01.2012

playing right now: Xenoblade Chronicles

Hype-o-meter, from least to most hyped:  the Last Story, Twisted Metal, Mass Effect 3, Final Fantasy XIII-2, Final Fantasy Versus XIII, Playstation ViTA

bet with Mordred11 that Rage will look better on Xbox 360.

kergeten said:

4 years from now when this generation will be history will any gamer seriously look at the Wii as a console with a good library of games compared to its rivals?

Will anyone consider buying it second hand? will anyone attach any value to it beyond the gimmick motion controls? The Wii has had years to develop a decent library and games are either waggle fests that use the controller or more balanced games that barely use the motion sensing capabilities.

Don't get me wrong it has a few gems, mostly from nintendo, but the rest is crap, for all the hardware and software it has sold the Wii sure is a disappointment in terms of quality, and it will be completely forgotten come next gen.

Define "gamer". Just because I'm a female, only play Just Dance or some unknown party game once a week and don't waste my life talking trash about rival consoles online, am I not a gamer? Pardon me for falling prey to stereotypes, but that appears to me to be what you're implying. If so, then Wii has certainly disappointed this crowd of "gamers".

Bah, we need a catchy term like racism for gaming elitism.

“These are my principles; if you don’t like them, I have others.” – Groucho Marx

Around the Network

Fighting games, are my thing and seeing as how Wii doesnt even have a Street Fighter game, yeah i would say it failed ME. emphasis on me

@oniyide

You don't like don't SSBB? It's the greatest fighting game of all time IMO.

^^^^ crappy online is crappy, killed the experience for me. that game is a different beast than the SF series. its good to play to unwind, but IMHO it doesnt have anything on the intricacies of Street Fighters fighting system. SSB is like fisher prices my first fighting game. I would never put SSB above SF hell i would put any fighter above SF.

No, espescially not to the average gamer. The average gamer probably buys about 10 games a generation. I think even the hardest of the hardcore gamers can find ten games they can enjoy on the Wii. 

@oniyide

I admit it could be a lot better with online, but I've had endless hours of fun with the singleplayer & local multiplayer.

What? You say you'd never put SSB above SF but you'll put anything above SF?
So SSB = nothing?