By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Has the Wii failed as a gamer console?

Id say it has failed a little, compared to PS3 and Xbox its game libary is almost laughable. I barely play it.

Around the Network

To each their own. I preferred the Nintendo DS to the PS2. I prefer the old-school games more and handheld gaming is very convenient. I never really got into modern Action-Adventures like Grand Theft Auto, God of War, etc. in a big way. Even if I'm playing an old-school 2D game that is very hard and frustrating (ie. older Mega Man games and Mega Man 9) I'm much more likely to enjoy it than playing a First-Person Shooter whether I win the game or not (For me, FPS is only fun when playing with friends in multiplayer once in awhile). Because while Mega Man is balls to the wall hard (Not the hardest there is but I'll go with that example because I've played that a lot more than Contra, Ninja Gaiden and Battletoads), the control scheme and mechanics are simple. It's just hard to master. So it's easier to feel motivated to keep replaying form the checkpoints in Mega Man and hitting continue again than to keep continuing with a dual analog shooter (for me anyway) with controls that frustate me.

Play4Fun said:
pizzahut451 said:
Play4Fun said:
pizzahut451 said:

No matter how fanatic PS2 fanbase is, Wii will   be   as memoraberable as the mighty PS2 was. Now that was a console that changed gaming.

Thank God! Things were starting to get stale.

You know, changing the posts you quoted really is lame. Like, insanely lame

Just putting my spin on things.

Wii had  as big an impact on this generation as PS2 did on last generation.

PS2 has impact on the whole 00's decade of gaming not just its generation. Wii...no

pizzahut451 said:
Play4Fun said:
pizzahut451 said:
Play4Fun said:
pizzahut451 said:

No matter how fanatic PS2 fanbase is, Wii will   be   as memoraberable as the mighty PS2 was. Now that was a console that changed gaming.

PS2 has impact on the whole 00's decade of gaming not just its generation. Wii...no

Doesn't matter if you don't like the Wii, some people don't like the PS2.

The Wii had a big impact on gaming this gen.

your opinion doesn't change that fact.

Edit: To say PS2 had an impact of the whole 00's of gaming is quite a stretch.

@chizrum  nice list, but your strechting kinda hard, some of those games flat out suck, RS1. some of them are ports of LAST gen games, kinda doesnt help the argument for Wii IMHO, and not one game on that list i would say brought anything new to gaming. the only exception would be the bit.trip. series and thats pushing it. Monster Hunter, GE, & COD are the biggest games on the list and MH does better on PSP by far, GE is a remake of an older game and the Wii version of COD is always weaker than the others, sans DS

Around the Network
Play4Fun said:
pizzahut451 said:
Play4Fun said:
pizzahut451 said:
Play4Fun said:
pizzahut451 said:

Doesn't matter if you don't like the Wii, some people don't like the PS2.

The Wii had a big impact on gaming this gen.

your opinion doesn't change that fact.

Edit: To say PS2 had an impact of the whole 00's of gaming is quite a stretch.

Every market leading console has a big impact on the generation. Its nothing un usual or special. But to leave your trace on the whole decade like NES did in 80's, SNES in 90's and PS2 in 00',s it takes a real marvel of hardware.

It certainly has the best library of EXCLUSIVE games. NSMB, Mario Kart, DKC, Smash Bros: Brawl, Mario Galaxy 2, Metroid Prime Trilogy, Wii Sports, Monster Hunter Tri, Zelda, Little King's Story, and the definitive version of RE4.. Plus all the VC classics. If all those games don't make Wii a "gamer's console" for you, than in the words of Goldmember "then there is no pleasing you!"

Metallicube said:

It certainly has the best library of EXCLUSIVE games. NSMB, Mario Kart, DKC, Smash Bros: Brawl, Mario Galaxy 2, Metroid Prime Trilogy, Wii Sports, Monster Hunter Tri, Zelda, Little King's Story, and the definitive version of RE4.. Plus all the VC classics. If all those games don't make Wii a "gamer's console" for you, than in the words of Goldmember "then there is no pleasing you!"

thats really subjective.

out of all the games you listed the only one i would look at is zelda tw. and i dont even know if il be able to play the game considering its outdated graphics and the motion controls.

also theirs mario kart, ive played hours of it using the wii mote nunchuk combination.

Being in 3rd place never felt so good

No, definitely not.

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

I believe it has failed. I have no interest in any of its games, meanwhile I own both PS3 and X360.