By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Has the Wii failed as a gamer console?

4 years from now when this generation will be history will any gamer seriously look at the Wii as a console with a good library of games compared to its rivals?

Will anyone consider buying it second hand? will anyone attach any value to it beyond the gimmick motion controls? The Wii has had years to develop a decent library and games are either waggle fests that use the controller or more balanced games that barely use the motion sensing capabilities.

Don't get me wrong it has a few gems, mostly from nintendo, but the rest is crap, for all the hardware and software it has sold the Wii sure is a disappointment in terms of quality, and it will be completely forgotten come next gen.

Around the Network

Although times are bad i think Wii is a good gamer`s console.
Actually, after owning it for more than an year i really nothing to play on it so i ended buying Xbox 360 (later the PS3 aswell as there are some great games for it). The funny thing is that i thought that Xbox 360 would fill my core needs, so to speak, and honestly i love my Wii more than the other two and in the end there were more games i wanted to play on Wii than on Xbox 360 or PS3.

No.

If that's your opinion, fine, but don't generalize your opinion into general public.

I say Wii has the best games of the current gen, maybe behind DS, and is the best choice for balanced games in the market.

That's my opinion, let me live with it.

maybe

im just mad they didn't make a RPG Paper Mario or pikmin 3 on it

Wii probably has the best library of any system I ever owned, bar PC. And yes, I owned many, many systems.

Around the Network

For any male 12-38?

Yes.

For all the open-minded ones out there, not at all, its excellent.

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

Wii will be remembered long after PS360 are forgotten. As for buying it secondhand, likely not, just because Wii 2 will likely do it all but better, similar to why anyone would bother buying a secondhand GameCube anymore

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

THe Wii is my favorite console ever :D.  Just because you dont like the majority of it's library doesn't make it a failed console. I dont really like FPS ( some are exceptions exist) doesn't mean that I should think the Xbox 360 ( which i own ) is a failed console. There is a difference between a bad game and a game that doesn't appeal to you.

I am a nintendo fan, not a nintendo fanboy

As always with any console its all subjective. For me Wii will always remind me of finally getting to play my favorite style of games again on a home console, 2Dplatformers. It will also be remembered as th console that introduced me to heavy motion controls. Mario Kart Wii and add the Wii wheell and me and my friends till have a blast. Same with Wii Sports Resort and some others.

I have injuried shoulders that makes constant movement of them hurt. I cant count how many times I said screw it grabbed another drink and kept on playing. If it was not for the D.S. it would  currently my favorite system. It gave me exactly what I wanted out of games that I have not gotten on a home console in a long time. Now, if they could just make a good Top Down Zelda and a nice 2D metroid it would be perfect. Oh and those JRPG's making it over!If Nintendo goes the way they did the two gens before this; Ill probably just stick to handhelds or just stick to all my old games like I had planned this gen.

Worth owning just for all the Nintendo produced titles alone.

The fairly modest number of 3rd party exclusives are for the most part forgettable barring a few real gems.

Best console of the generation? Only to Nintendo fans.