By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Has the Wii failed as a gamer console?

I enjoyed the N64 more than the Wii.

Everyone needs to play Lost Odyssey! Any opposition to this and I will have to just say, "If it's a fight you want, you got it!"

Around the Network

For me?

Absolutely. Wii has propably the worst library of the consoles I have owned. Even the original xbox had a lot better library.

adsl said:

In your opinion third party titles are crap in the Wii. But in my opinion Just Dance is more fun than every single HD title a I've already played on my PC. Everyone has its own opinion and most of Wii owners have completely values different from PS360 owners, so this is why is so hard to most of PS360 owners understand why the Wii is by far the best seller console of this gen.

Why are you attacking his opinion?

I think the Wii has done an amazing job, and it will continue to sell well long after the Wii2 is released. 

Many people say it has rubbish games, and it DOES have a lot of shovelware, but so did the PS2, and people LOVE that console...

Nintendo have released some of their best games in years on the console (and with DQX, Skyward Sword, Xenoblade, The Last Story, Pandora's tower and Pikmin 3, among others, maybe many more to come!), and there's been some good 3rd party exclusives, namely MHTri, Goldeneye, Epic Mickey, Conduit 2, No More Heroes 2 and Sonic Colours. 

For those 30 games alone which I can think of right now, the Wii will be remembered as a great console, long after the PS360 has gone. It's the console which could. Everyone said it would fail, yet it expanded the audience for videogaming, as well as having many great games on it. Who cares if not all of them sold greatly? Shadow Of The Collosus barely broke a million and is considered one of the greatest ever games! 

We should be happy for the Wii. It's been a great console for me, and it will be remembered for many years to come as the moment Nintendo returned to form.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Hephaestos said:
enditall727 said:

maybe

im just mad they didn't make a RPG Paper Mario or pikmin 3 on it

you mean the Wii paper mario isn't RPG enough for you or do you mean you didn't even know it existed? (came out as one of the early Wii games)

Let's not forget Super Mario RPG on VC as well, and the fact that Pikmin 3 may very well be a Wii game...

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Around the Network

I think Nintendo succeeded with flyinf colours at what they set out to do; disrupt the industry, bring new gamers into the fold, and steal much of Sony's market share. Not only did they succeed in doing that, but they went on to dominate this generation.  It was not meant to be a console that appealed to the gun crazed anti-social depressed PC gamer.

The console will be remembered for revolutionizing the Industry, as well as being at the top of it. I think many people will look fondly back at the early days of the Wii and playing the most fun local multiplayer games that have ever existed. The best traditional game of this generation is Super Mario Galaxy 2, and the second best is Super Mario Galaxy 1.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

psrock said:

It went from the most amazing phenomenon ever in gaming to the most forgettable console ever.  It's inability to gain 3rd party support and its lackluster technical specs  has shortened its life. There is no doubt it was a success, made Nintendo tons of money, sold numbers ever seen on a console. But in the End it was missing what made the PS2 great, Total support other than the company which made it.

Said it much better than me.

It's not going to be my favourite Nintendo console (N64 <3), but it's not going to be bottom of the list either (Gamecube </3). When I eventually look back on the Wii, I'll remember two of the greatest games of all time in Galaxy 1 and 2, I'll remember the return of DKC when I'd been hoping for it to come back for three generations, and I'll remember flawed gems like Epic Mickey, No More Heroes or others. I'm hoping I can add Skyward Sword into this list as well.

But, I'll remember a bit of wasted potential as well. It looks like I'm not going to get the lightsaber game I was hoping for from day 1 (closest is sword fighting in WSR), Motion Plus should have been supported more. But most importantly I'll remember they had the gaming world in the palm of their hands, but they let a lot of it slip during that famous E3 press conference with Wii Music...

VGChartz

The Wii is the worst Nintendo console ever to be released, it has also has the worst library out of all their consoles and it's one of the worst designed consoles of them all. I personally believe that anyone that claims it has the best library ever is in denial, especially when you consider how many genres and amazing titles are actually missing from that line-up. The Wii will be rememberd as the console that popularized motion gaming and then did nothing with it, it just stayed the same for five years and didn't progress at all, it will also be remembered as the shovelware console, mainly because that's what sells on it, that's what Nintendo marketed it as and it's what it's library is filled with. 

It failed as a gamer console.

That's my opinion on the console, I hope Nintendo can get their shit together with their next console.

Bet with Conegamer and AussieGecko that the PS3 will have more exclusives in 2011 than the Wii or 360... or something.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3879752

I used t love Nintendo. When they cared to give us top technology. When they made awesome platformers AND hardcore 18 games.

The problem is I enjoyed Wii titles like Mario Kart, Mario Galaxy ( DK Country Returns to a lesser extent ). But that is it. The Conduit was so mediocre it hurt. Or COD. How bad are those games on the Wii. All I could think of playing them was, where is my controller and HD visuals. Wheres my online multiplayer via Live. 

Nintendos library has about 5 % that caters for my needs. The other 95% doesnt. I enjoy a good party game. But thats not all I can live with.