By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Conduit 2 !!!!!!!!!!!!

@primogen  i have been getting GI for years and your just wrong on some of your points. THey just did a reviews of Tiger Woods for all three consoles & an extra one for Wii. De blob 2 was an all platform revies (minus DS), Mario Sports Mix, you dont know jack, marvel super hero squad, lost in shadow, MJ experience, Tron BGs, Ghost Recon, Epic mickey, sonic colors, Create, Flip's Twisted, hell they even review baby sitting mama and your really gonna say that they dont do anything Wii related?? All those games i mentioned were from the past five issues. SO its definately more than 1 in 10. Maybe they dont put WIi in the console titles because it wasnt confirmed for WIi??? Every game you mentioned when GI previewed it either the Wii version wasnt shown to them or it wasnt confirmed yet that it would be on said console. Hell BLOPS wasnt confirmed for WIi for sometime. So should GI just assume? thats crappy journalism. 

I will give people that GI is more HD oriented. but i could say that for a bunch of sites or mags, the fact is when a company does decide to make a game multiplat with Wii they have it under wraps, how long it take for footage of SW FU2 to appear?? Spider-man, COD?, when was the last time they showed a Wii version of a game the same date as HD??

Around the Network
Boutros said:
Conegamer said:

The IGN review is strange. They say it's much better than the original, and the scores individually are around 8-9, yet they give it a 7.5? 

I hear people who've actually played it aren't as critical, it certainly seems like a massive step up from the original...

I think it's safe to say that IGN overrated the first Conduit anyway.

Pretty much. They put all their weight behind it, hyping it up and when it was poor they couldn't admit it

I doubt it'll do worse than the original, because I don't see any 40% scores coming from it. 75 seems likely.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

@flagstaad  review wise. it wiil be better. Since there is no hype that means there will be less reviews and since there is no hype, people expectations will be more realistic, remember some were saying that this would be Halo for Wii, no one thinks that now so they will judge more accordinly and not bash it for being something it was never going to be in the first place

Stefan.De.Machtige said:
Conegamer said:

The IGN review is strange. They say it's much better than the original, and the scores individually are around 8-9, yet they give it a 7.5? 

I hear people who've actually played it aren't as critical, it certainly seems like a massive step up from the original...

Reviews are mostly about hype - that which brings in the clicks. IGN simply need the clicks. 

The conduit > good hype > good game = 8-9

Conduit 2 > small/no hype > better game (from what i hear and saw) = 7.5

The real difference is hype. The actual game accounts for little...

With IGN, most definitely. 

Apart from the odd game, Galaxy 2, for example, had relatively little hype and got 10.0, a well-deserved score. But they just say what the masses want.

So we're pretty much gonna have a Red Steel situation again. WHy do sequels on Wii seem to do worse and sequels on HDs seem to do better. weird

Around the Network

@conegamer i hate to admit it but your right, thats why i stopped reading them for awhile. GE was great but that wasnt a 9 game adn FF13 was scored to high IMO. THey seem to be getting a little better, more harsher

@primogen  im curious though, why keep getting GI if you hate it so much??? Why even read it if you just care about Wii stuff, thats the last thing you should be looking at. Why not just get Nintendo Gamer or .... hell, i cant think of nothing

oniyide said:

@conegamer i hate to admit it but your right, thats why i stopped reading them for awhile. GE was great but that wasnt a 9 game adn FF13 was scored to high IMO. THey seem to be getting a little better, more harsher

I have to agreew with you there, but I think all reviewers are getting harsher. A lot more sub-70 games nowadays.

^^^as it should be, they were throwing out 9 and 10s like they were candy. Those scores should be reserved for games with damn near no flaws. Not for military shooter number 58xtreme

oniyide said:

@primogen  im curious though, why keep getting GI if you hate it so much??? Why even read it if you just care about Wii stuff, thats the last thing you should be looking at. Why not just get Nintendo Gamer or .... hell, i cant think of nothing

Right. Your options for any reasonable level of Nintendo coverage in a print medium is limited to Nintendo Power, and its a similar story on the internet: you have to go to the Nintendo enthusiasts if you want anything worth reading

On topic, i bought the game at GameStop, they had to give me the display copy because they got all of two (including the display copy) one of which they sold.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.