By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Conduit 2 !!!!!!!!!!!!

spurgeonryan said:

So anyone know the pre-orders for this? Any guesses at what the sales will be now that we all finally realize it is out? Although it was not at my local Western Chicago suburbs Walmart. Go figure.

I didnt preorder but was still able to get a limited edition one. seems like a small number of people were playing online this late at night. Before i went to work every game i tried was always full. And yea i tried wally world today and they never got them in. Gamestop had it in tho.

From what I played the onlines good. The weapons have been somewhat altered from the first game...but the secondary functions are cool. Im currently enjoying the game.

"Tell me why does it have to be so hard

to let go when it?s your final day

...When death is on it's way"

Around the Network

The IGN review is strange. They say it's much better than the original, and the scores individually are around 8-9, yet they give it a 7.5? 

I hear people who've actually played it aren't as critical, it certainly seems like a massive step up from the original...

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

It's gonna be awesome, I'm getting it as soon as I can :) It's been a lot since the last big Wii game (which was de Blob 2 and Lost in Shadow), it was about time the Wii gets some attention back!

Conegamer said:

The IGN review is strange. They say it's much better than the original, and the scores individually are around 8-9, yet they give it a 7.5? 

I hear people who've actually played it aren't as critical, it certainly seems like a massive step up from the original...

I think it's safe to say that IGN overrated the first Conduit anyway.

chriscox1121 said:

so has anyone actaully played it here?  cause i'm thinking about buying it, but i'm not sure

I got it yesterday and played through the oil rig level on normal difficulty.  One thing that is instantly clear is that this is a better looking game.  Better textures and lighting all around.  I was using Motion which seemed to add a certain smoothness to the control.  In fact the only thing I changed in the control was shrinking my bounding box.

If you like fps I would wager that you'll like this.  Oh, also the first boss was fun to take down!  I love bosses, so I'm looking forward to more.

Edit:
Also on the oil rig stage go over to the fish tank and stare at the fish for a few seconds.  Theres a nice homage to anyone that played a certain Sega Dreamcast game.  It's pretty funny.

"Some of you are thinking that you won't fight. Others, that you can't fight. They all say that, until they're out there."
--
PIKMIN FAN CLUB MEMBER

Around the Network

@gojimaster  have you even read GI??? they review all the big Wii games and some not so big. They were the first ones to reveal Epic Mickey, cover story no less. As for not reviewing Wii versions, i could see that. But to be fair a lot of different sites and mags dont do that either, more of an industry problem than just GI

OT i think this game will do worse than the original, no ads, releasing same day as more popular arguably better games. sequel to a mediocore game. Not looking good for Sega right now

Conegamer said:

Reviews are mostly about hype - that which brings in the clicks. IGN simply need the clicks. 

The conduit > good hype > good game = 8-9

Conduit 2 > small/no hype > better game (from what i hear and saw) = 7.5

The real difference is hype. The actual game accounts for little...

In the wilderness we go alone with our new knowledge and strength.

Anyone who thinks GI is in any way fair to the Wii console maybe saw one or 2 issues but I have been been getting them in the mail for a couple years now and can honestly say it takes me about 5 or 6 seconds from recieving my issue to tossing it simply because of the lack of ANYTHING Wii related which is what I am interested in. I don't just skimp I go through page by page and once and a great while about Wii but it's definitely not even 1 our of 10 or so issues. I wouldn't mind this if they were just honest about it and described it as an "HD platform" magazine but they continually go on about how they have no bias against any certain consoles.

This goes especially for previews for multiplatform games where they can't even put "Wii" in the "consoles:" list. According to GI games like Star Wars Force Unleashed 2, Black Ops, Rock Band 3, Rock band 2, GH: WoR, etc etc etc never existed on Wii because they can't even be bothered to type 3 letters and a comma under the console list " , Wii". Sure they have something in there like the DKC review but that is VERY few and far in-between.

I am gonna try it out later this week, i like the first one but honestly it was just really bad timing. 

oniyide said:

OT i think this game will do worse than the original, no ads, releasing same day as more popular arguably better games. sequel to a mediocore game. Not looking good for Sega right now

Sales wise I do agree, but score wise on metacritic, do you think it will improve, remain the same or get worse than the original?.