By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Conduit 2 !!!!!!!!!!!!

Conegamer said:

Galaxy 2, for example, had relatively little hype

wat?

I feel like im the only person on the whole planet who liked 1 much more than 2. It wasn't as good, im sorry, but i am right.

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

Around the Network
Mr Khan said:

Everytime i leave for the 4th primer on the oil rig i get stuck and have to kill myself or reset it back...

Turns out i had to delete my whole entire profile, and now i'll have to restart from square fucking one

This is a great way to start...

And after deleting my whole profile, i still have no idea what i'm doing wrong. I'm going to keep having to delete profiles over and over again, or just attach a firecracker to this stupid disc and be done with it

EDIT:
Now i got through, but i don't know what i did, which is the second-worst way to solve these problems (short of being screwed and having to get your disc replaced...)

The first level gets much more fun after that part, too. Leviathan was rather inventive.

That sounds pretty bad...but I haven't heard any issues from anyone else. Maybe you were just missing something???

Also, the whole 2 game thing seems to be with GameStop. Several stores have more, and they're selling as well...

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

megaman79 said:
Conegamer said:

Galaxy 2, for example, had relatively little hype

wat?

I feel like im the only person on the whole planet who liked 1 much more than 2. It wasn't as good, im sorry, but i am right.

Yep. You're wrong, because everything on 2 is better than 1

But this isn't the placce to discuss such. 

Okay, so I picked up Conduit 2.  Played up to the Leviathan so far.

Looks lovely.  Best texture work ever.  WM does help but it's subtle.   Most noteably you don't lose your cursor if you aim off screen, it still knows where you're pointing - cool.

AI is better - occasionally.  Sometimes they'll flip tables, come after you (flanking?) or even run away.  Sometimes they'll stand there like complete moron's shooting you with a bebe gun, as you casually reload your shot gun and then blow them away.

The new voice actor for Mr. Ford (being very generous calling him an actor) sounds like a 3rd rate Duke Nukem.  Can't say any line convincingly. 

Currently fighting the first boss - Leviathan - but no clue what to do beside shoot him with the turrets but they seem to have little effect.  I'm sure I need to shoot a particular place or time but havn't figured it out yet.

Story is conveyed much better throughout the course of the game, even taking some clues from Batman AA in that department, but it's still a silly convoluted mess and just an excuse to shoot things (isn't it always?).

Graphics take a huge hit for split-screen.  I think Goldeneye's looks better, or maybe it's just not so painfully obviously different with Goldeneye.

Gamerace said:

Looks lovely.  Best texture work ever.  WM does help but it's subtle.   Most noteably you don't lose your cursor if you aim off screen, it still knows where you're pointing - cool.

AI is better - occasionally.  Sometimes they'll flip tables, come after you (flanking?) or even run away.  Sometimes they'll stand there like complete moron's shooting you with a bebe gun, as you casually reload your shot gun and then blow them away.

The new voice actor for Mr. Ford (being very generous calling him an actor) sounds like a 3rd rate Duke Nukem.  Can't say any line convincingly. 

Currently fighting the first boss - Leviathan - but no clue what to do beside shoot him with the turrets but they seem to have little effect.  I'm sure I need to shoot a particular place or time but havn't figured it out yet.

Story is conveyed much better throughout the course of the game, even taking some clues from Batman AA in that department, but it's still a silly convoluted mess and just an excuse to shoot things (isn't it always?).

Graphics take a huge hit for split-screen.  I think Goldeneye's looks better, or maybe it's just not so painfully obviously different with Goldeneye.

its the duke nukem voice actor.

Being in 3rd place never felt so good

Around the Network
zgamer5 said:
Gamerace said:

its the duke nukem voice actor.

Are you serious?  LMAO!!!  He's channeling Duke Nukem here but it doesn't work because the other voice actors are playing it straight and his lines sound flat and cartoonish and jarringly out of place here.   No wonder Mr. Ford sounds like Duke Nukem though but Mr. Ford is no Duke Nukem and shouldn't try to be.  

Maybe it'll grow on me but it's quite the change from The Conduit's Kevin Sorbo.

Conegamer said:
Boutros said:
Conegamer said:

The IGN review is strange. They say it's much better than the original, and the scores individually are around 8-9, yet they give it a 7.5? 

I hear people who've actually played it aren't as critical, it certainly seems like a massive step up from the original...

I think it's safe to say that IGN overrated the first Conduit anyway.

Pretty much. They put all their weight behind it, hyping it up and when it was poor they couldn't admit it

I doubt it'll do worse than the original, because I don't see any 40% scores coming from it. 75 seems likely.

Give it time, only 8 reviews on meta so far, EDGE will tear it a new one, and all the Eurogamers gave the last one 6.

I expect 62/66 when all is done.

Site Conduit Conduit 2 Difference
IGN 86 75 - 11
GameTrailers 78 79 1
NintendoPower 80 75 - 5
Multiplayer IT. 72 72 0
GameInformer 70 60 -10
Official Nintendo Mag 76 84 8

The big sites (Game Trailers, IGN) ect are going to heavily mark this down over the first, so when EDGE/Eurogamer reviews come it'll be pretty harsh.

Seece said:

Give it time, only 8 reviews on meta so far, EDGE will tear it a new one, and all the Eurogamers gave the last one 6.

IGN 86 75 - 11
GameTrailers 78 79 1
NintendoPower 80 75 - 5
Multiplayer IT. 72 72 0
GameInformer 70 60 -10

The big sites (Game Trailers, IGN) ect are going to heavily mark this down over the first, so when EDGE/Eurogamer reviews come it'll be pretty harsh.

I still believe that this game can get a better average score than the original, just not a very big one (7.2). I think it can get even better scores than Socom 4.

Tha sales on the other side, will be awful, almost nobody knew the release date of the game, of my friends, that last time bought 4 copies only 2 are buying this new one. And there is a lot less hype over the game, not counting also with the release of the other 2 stronger games at the same time.

Seece said:
Conegamer said:
Boutros said:
Conegamer said:

The IGN review is strange. They say it's much better than the original, and the scores individually are around 8-9, yet they give it a 7.5? 

I hear people who've actually played it aren't as critical, it certainly seems like a massive step up from the original...

I think it's safe to say that IGN overrated the first Conduit anyway.

Pretty much. They put all their weight behind it, hyping it up and when it was poor they couldn't admit it

I doubt it'll do worse than the original, because I don't see any 40% scores coming from it. 75 seems likely.

IGN 86 75 - 11
GameTrailers 78 79 1
NintendoPower 80 75 - 5
Multiplayer IT. 72 72 0
GameInformer 70 60 -10

True...it's a shame better games get lower scores and sell less, due to having more competition and different expectations really (Red Steel 2?)

I'll still get it, it looks a vast improvement over the original, which I enjoyed anyway

I went to walmart and they didn't have it, didn't know it came out actually. Went to a second walmart and they had the same situation. That's a few places I have been that just don't carry it, the only place I have ever seen it is Gamestop.