By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - ZOMG PS3 Passes 8 Million!!!

@rukusa

Its not impossible if it goes back to its low sales(100k ww per week)

thats 12 weeks. =1.2M

It should be at 8.8 then again 10M seems the reasonable number.

13M shipped.

mM
Around the Network
leo-j said:
@rukusa

Its not impossible if it goes back to its low sales(100k ww per week)

thats 12 weeks. =1.2M

It should be at 8.8 then again 10M seems the reasonable number.

13M shipped.

Remember leo-j Sony didn't claim they would ship 11 million lifetime by the end of the year.  They claimed they would ship 11 million in the fiscal year.  March to March.  That means they need to ship over 14 million lifetime.  They'll be about 4 million short of that if they channel stuff...

sieanr said:
grandmaster192 said:
Avinash_Tyagi said:

Because its winning?

Maybe because they're both after different markets, and they both have different goals and ambitions? You think that may have something to do with it? Or is your head to far up Nintendo's ass to understand that?

The Wii sells to people who want to play games and the PS3 sells to people who want to watch Bluray?

more like Wii sells to those can't afford a PS3/360 and who perhaps aren't interested in the features they have along with their price, and it also sells to those who are interested in the gimmicky feture that everyone is raving about in the wii. Now I'm not saying it is a gimmicky feature, but it can be percived by some as such thus they try it out them selvs.

Sony has done extremely well after the price cut, anyone who claims otherwise is either blind, a fanboy or both... I'm pro Sony, but could never dream of such high figures yet.

So the wii's demographic is poor people? And it's not competing because people with money will ignore it? Statistically that's untrue. It's been shown that wii's are owned more by people with money than lower income families. It was on IGN, some firm tracked that.

You can go ahead and pick that apart and rebut it, but seriously, trying to argue that the wii isn't competing with the 360 and PS3 is ridiculous. You may be a tech junky, you may not be interested in the wii, but it is a modern videogame console that will eat out of Sony and Microsoft's market share. A wii sold isn't just a wii sold, it's a 360 or a PS3 not sold. If it wasn't competing then this would be a very grim time for videogames seeing as how neither the 360 and PS3 are selling like a leader of a generation, but rather are selling like the last generations distant 2nd and 3rd place counterparts. The wii is this generations market leader, and that market includes the PS3 and 360. And the wii is making that market a whole lot bigger.

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.

Around the Network

@ Kirby007

Every post that is "win" is one that sheds sony in a bad light... So sad.

DMeisterJ said:
@ Kirby007

We're all used to it by now, but it's still a tad childish imo.

darn it stop attacking me

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

DMeisterJ said:
@ Kirby007

Umm, he was saying my post is full of win, and i wasn't Sony bashing at all. I actually think there is a good chance the PS3 will actually start to gain on the 360 in 08, but there is alot of things to speculate on and theorize about. I figured he called my post "win" because I was trying to present a balanced and at least somewhat thought out view of what may happen in 08 and why.  The PS3 is building momentum, MS needs to take steps to counter act that....what a terrible light I shed on the PS3! He may do that, I dunno, I don't really pay attention, but in this case the post he said was full of win had no intention of showing sony in a bad light, but rather quite the opposite saying that they are starting to mount an offensive against the 360 and MS needs to fight back. 

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.

The_vagabond7 said:
DMeisterJ said:
@ Kirby007

Umm, he was saying my post is full of win, and i wasn't Sony bashing at all. I actually think there is a good chance the PS3 will actually start to gain on the 360 in 08, but there is alot of things to speculate on and theorize about. I figured he called my post "win" because I was trying to present a balanced and at least somewhat thought out view of what may happen in 08 and why.  The PS3 is building momentum, MS needs to take steps to counter act that....what a terrible light I shed on the PS3! He may do that, I dunno, I don't really pay attention, but in this case the post he said was full of win had no intention of showing sony in a bad light, but rather quite the opposite saying that they are starting to mount an offensive against the 360 and MS needs to fight back. 

exactly is was a post of an exellent class A+++

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.