By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - ZOMG PS3 Passes 8 Million!!!

Stats87 said:
DMeisterJ said:
The PS3 this week has passed eight million units sold. WOW. I am very surprised at them. Good Job Sony.

lol at the predicitons in your sig.

"Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchise"

that would equal 65 Million + whatever GTA4 sells. Could be close to 80 million

"Lifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015"

Total Sony Sales = around 255m right now

I want to try whatever AT is smoking. I like how all his prediction are very far away, so by the time the become true/untrue we won't be around anymore to call him on it.

Apparently you are new it says specifically

Nuggets From Avinash_Tyagi:

"Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchise"

"Lifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015"

So really lol at how you must intercepted what DMeisterJ was putting in his sig. Read before posting dude, seriously.... 

Nintendo & Sony Supporter

Best PS3 CommercialBest Wii Commercial
Around the Network
Destroyer_of_knights said:
StanGable said:
endurance said:
Sorair said:

Clearly the Wii isn't using or going after a HD format or its not even HD 1080p....So thats why I'm comparing the 360 and PS3...

so just because it isnt HD it isnt competing against them

I wouldn't say just HD, but the fact that both PS3 and 360 are media hubs while the Wii isn't, then there is the fact that the Wii targets the causal market while both the PS3 and 360 target the more traditinal gamers as well tecc/movie buffs, it'll be like comparing apples and oranges, yeah their fruit but different type of fruits.

Wait wait wait! So now you're saying PS3 and 360 are not really gaming machines, they are media hubs! Then why the heck are we even comparing them at all! In all honesty Wii deserves to be up there competing with both the PS3 and 360 because FIRST AND FOREMOST IS A VIDEOGAME CONSOLE WHICH I THOUGHT THAT WAS THE TRUE ESSENCE OF ALL THREE CONSOLES.

Don't neglect the Wii because they didn't want to shove up your butt all this technology to make the PS3 or 360 so dang expensive that not everyone wants to buy right now. So if if I were to use your analogy it wouldn't be one is apples and the other is oranges, rather they three of them are all apples, just different types of apples (fuji, gaia, red, you name them) and people are buying the type with they believe has the better taste!

So in conclusion, Wii is handling Sony's and Microsoft's asses cuz I know there are traditional videogame players that own a Wii and not a 360 or PS3.

to me, the wii is a 100m spinter, but ain't no Marathon runner and that's what there other 2 are, and yeah it's that expensive tech that will give them the distance, but hey that's coming from a tech buff like my self.

So your saying the PS3 and 360 are marathon runners that both out weigh the 100m sprinter and one of these marthon runners although pacing himself sometimes collapses and has to enter phsyical therapy.

good analogy, just brilliant 

allstarr35 said:
StanGable said:
endurance said:
Sorair said:

Clearly the Wii isn't using or going after a HD format or its not even HD 1080p....So thats why I'm comparing the 360 and PS3...

so just because it isnt HD it isnt competing against them

I wouldn't say just HD, but the fact that both PS3 and 360 are media hubs while the Wii isn't, then there is the fact that the Wii targets the causal market while both the PS3 and 360 target the more traditinal gamers as well tecc/movie buffs, it'll be like comparing apples and oranges, yeah their fruit but different type of fruits.

Wait wait wait! So now you're saying PS3 and 360 are not really gaming machines, they are media hubs! Then why the heck are we even comparing them at all! In all honesty Wii deserves to be up there competing with both the PS3 and 360 because FIRST AND FOREMOST IS A VIDEOGAME CONSOLE WHICH I THOUGHT THAT WAS THE TRUE ESSENCE OF ALL THREE CONSOLES.

Don't neglect the Wii because they didn't want to shove up your butt all this technology to make the PS3 or 360 so dang expensive that not everyone wants to buy right now. So if if I were to use your analogy it wouldn't be one is apples and the other is oranges, rather they three of them are all apples, just different types of apples (fuji, gaia, red, you name them) and people are buying the type with they believe has the better taste!

So in conclusion, Wii is handling Sony's and Microsoft's asses cuz I know there are traditional videogame players that own a Wii and not a 360 or PS3.

to me, the wii is a 100m spinter, but ain't no Marathon runner and that's what there other 2 are, and yeah it's that expensive tech that will give them the distance, but hey that's coming from a tech buff like my self.

So your saying the PS3 and 360 are marathon runners that both out weigh the 100m sprinter and one of these marthon runners although pacing himself sometimes collapses and has to enter phsyical therapy.

good analogy, just brilliant

the same  can be a spinter, not warming up properly and pulling a muscle half way through the race or just tripping, so yeah I totally agree with you, brillian analogy.

Sorair said:
Stats87 said:
DMeisterJ said:
The PS3 this week has passed eight million units sold. WOW. I am very surprised at them. Good Job Sony.

lol at the predicitons in your sig.

"Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchise"

"Lifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015"

I want to try whatever AT is smoking. I like how all his prediction are very far away, so by the time the become true/untrue we won't be around anymore to call him on it.

Apparently you are new it says specifically

Nuggets From Avinash_Tyagi:

So really lol at how you must intercepted what DMeisterJ was putting in his sig. Read before posting dude, seriously....

huh?

I specifically said " I want to try whatever AT (AT = Avinash__tyagi ) is smoking" I know DMeisterJ didn't predict that

The PS3 is definately outperforming some earlier in the year estimations. Though While it's gaining market share on microsoft, it's not actually catching up to microsoft. Even beating MS in 2 markets, it's only running neck and neck with MS.

Though that still doesn't bode well for the 360. 08 has some heavy hitters coming out for the PS3, and that's what's going to make the fight between those two interesting. MS is going to have to be agressive in order to maintain it's lead, and I'm sure they know this. Sony has pretty much hit a wall as far as pricing goes for a while, if they ever want to make money on the PS3 they can't drop the price further, market share isn't considered a success to investors, money is. I think that will be microsofts biggest weapon, attack Sony at it's weak point. MS may be trying to wrestle away exclusives, but Sony still has most of it's biggest guns in tact as exclusive. That being said, Microsoft is more likely to go for a competetive pricing point in the next year. If Sony doesn't drop it's price then the 360 may be able to pick up momentum on it and gradually increase it's lead, or possibly force sony's hand so that they have to take drastic action and throw more money at the problem and drop the price again (which would piss off investors expecting Sony to make money at some point on the Playstation brand, and hurt them financially as a company. A result that I'm sure microsoft would also be happy with). But maybe the PS3 will just continue to build momentum regardless, who knows?

Either way the fight between the two will be interesting in this coming year. And while I think the wii IS competing with the other two (going after two markets instead of one doesn't disqualify it from the race), it's kind of a moot point. Who wants to argue who would win in a fight between mike tyson and billy the kid that mows your lawn? That's just not a fun discussion. However The PS3 VS the 360 in 08 is ripe with possibilities and speculation.

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.

Around the Network
The_vagabond7 said:
The PS3 is definately outperforming some earlier in the year estimations. Though While it's gaining market share on microsoft, it's not actually catching up to microsoft. Even beating MS in 2 markets, it's only running neck and neck with MS.

Though that still doesn't bode with for the 360. 08 has some heavy hitters coming out for the PS3, and that's what's going to make the fight between those two interesting. MS is going to have to be agressive in order to maintain it's lead, and I'm sure they know this. Sony has pretty much hit a wall as far as pricing goes for a while, if they ever want to make money on the PS3 they can't drop the price further, market share isn't considered a success to investors, money is. I think that will be microsofts biggest weapon, attack Sony at it's weak point. MS may be trying to wrestle away exclusives, but Sony still has most of it's biggest guns in tact as exclusive. That being said, Microsoft is more likely to go for a competetive pricing point in the next year. If Sony doesn't drop it's price then the 360 may be able to pick up momentum on it and gradually increase it's lead, or possibly force sony's hand so that they have to take drastic action and throw more money at the problem and drop the price again (which would piss off investors expecting Sony to make money at some point on the Playstation brand, and hurt them financially as a company. A result that I'm sure microsoft would also be happy with)

Either way the fight between the two will be interesting in this coming year. And while I think the wii IS competing with the other two (going after two markets instead of one doesn't disqualify it from the race), it's kind of a moot point. Who wants to argue who would win in a fight between mike tyson and billy the kid that mows your lawn? That's just not a fun discussion. However The PS3 VS the 360 in 08 is ripe with possibilities and speculation.

:) yeah, your post is full o win

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

grandmaster192 said:
Avinash_Tyagi said:

Because its winning?

Maybe because they're both after different markets, and they both have different goals and ambitions? You think that may have something to do with it? Or is your head to far up Nintendo's ass to understand that?

The Wii sells to people who want to play games and the PS3 sells to people who want to watch Bluray?

Leo-j said: If a dvd for a pc game holds what? Crysis at 3000p or something, why in the world cant a blu-ray disc do the same?

ssj12 said: Player specific decoders are nothing more than specialized GPUs. Gran Turismo is the trust driving simulator of them all. 

"Why do they call it the xbox 360? Because when you see it, you'll turn 360 degrees and walk away" 

Nice job Sony, 10 million will be a nice milestone

I actually think the PS3 might actually hit 11 million by the end of march./

mM
leo-j said:
I actually think the PS3 might actually hit 11 million by the end of march./

Not gonna happen.

Shipped? Probably. Sold, more like 10 million if anything.

Nintendo & Sony supporter:

Consoles: Wii & PS3.