By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - ZOMG PS3 Passes 8 Million!!!

They needed this, 360 is going to get a huge boost from America this week.

Around the Network
Stats87 said:
DMeisterJ said:
The PS3 this week has passed eight million units sold. WOW. I am very surprised at them. Good Job Sony.

lol at the predicitons in your sig.

"Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchise"

that would equal 65 Million + whatever GTA4 sells. Could be close to 80 million

"Lifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015"

Total Sony Sales = around 255m right now

I want to try whatever AT is smoking. I like how all his prediction are very far away, so by the time the become true/untrue we won't be around anymore to call him on it.

Easy, if Wii sells even 30 million a year average they will pass the combined lifetime sales of PS1+PS2+PS3 

And GTA is around 60 million, add in 15 million tops for GTA 4 and you've got 75 million, Wii Fit can pass that especially if Nintendo markets a line of games using the balance board

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

Avinash_Tyagi said:
Stats87 said:
DMeisterJ said:
The PS3 this week has passed eight million units sold. WOW. I am very surprised at them. Good Job Sony.

"Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchise"

"Lifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015"

I want to try whatever AT is smoking. I like how all his prediction are very far away, so by the time the become true/untrue we won't be around anymore to call him on it.

Easy, if Wii sells even 30 million a year average they will pass the combined lifetime sales of PS1+PS2+PS3

And GTA is around 60 million, add in 15 million tops for GTA 4 and you've got 75 million, Wii Fit can pass that especially if Nintendo markets a line of games using the balance board

We all love how you can turn a praise thread for PS3 sales picking up into a topic about how fantastic WiiFit will be. Right on target there.

Well done PS3 - I really did doubt it would hit 8m this year, but the price cut / strong Europe has done wonders for Sony. I think it has a real chance of hitting 9m this year now (depending on whether you define 9m as "just" next week, or a little of the following). Also depends on how much sales drop next week.

With MS strong in the US & Sony strong in Japan/Europe - going to be a fascinating battle for sales lead in '08.

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

I completely agree with vagabond; I've said the same thing elsewhere, though not in as much detail.

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

Around the Network
Sorair said:
Smashchu said:
Are we going to make a stupid topic every week on how the PS3 did a little better.

The system had a 100$ price drop and it's the Holidays. People need to stop the tunnel vision.

I laugh at posts like this...lol

Why be in this thread or post or even look at the thread title on the front page.

There is something called ignore...anyone can use this power. Apparently thats your weakness.....

I wonder the same thing. It happens in alot of threads I go to.

Mummelmann said:
Avinash_Tyagi said:
Stats87 said:
DMeisterJ said:

"Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchise"

"Lifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015"

Easy, if Wii sells even 30 million a year average they will pass the combined lifetime sales of PS1+PS2+PS3

And GTA is around 60 million, add in 15 million tops for GTA 4 and you've got 75 million, Wii Fit can pass that especially if Nintendo markets a line of games using the balance board

We all love how you can turn a praise thread for PS3 sales picking up into a topic about how fantastic WiiFit will be. Right on target there.

Don't blame me, you guys are the one who brought my predictions up

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

I think most of the credit can go to, Europe/other being an area where PS3 was not struggling at, as sales from and after the pricedrops and new SKU's really didn't change much. Just gave you some abnormal increases for a few weeks.

merry christmas guys.

Sorair said:
endurance said:
Sorair said:

Clearly the Wii isn't using or going after a HD format or its not even HD 1080p....So thats why I'm comparing the 360 and PS3...

so just because it isnt HD it isnt competing against them

I just don't in my opinion put the Wii in the league of the PS3 and Xbox 360.

Me neither. I think maybe with the things 360 & ps3 offers wii just doesn't register as a needed gaming console for me. My honest thoughts about it is it's kiddie and is more ps2 era than it is ps3 and 360's. Obviously millions of people think differently but that's how I feel.