By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - ZOMG PS3 Passes 8 Million!!!

The PS3 this week has passed eight million units sold.  WOW.  I am very surprised at them.  Good Job Sony.

Around the Network

Yep very suprised I expected 290-310k

But it did nearly 340k in OTHERS.

I expect 250k in North america(hopefully) and 60k in japan.

mM

... with style ! Almost 350k in others alone !

Others seems to be PS3 best market....maybe they will release more PAL games now then they did on past consoles.

Does anyone think it can do 9 million this year? I'm capping out at 8.75 or 8.85. But I think 9 would be a great way to start off (hopefully) the year of the PS3.

Around the Network

"I dont know why people are buying PS3 in Europe"
"Lol first Christmas in Europe dah"
"PS3 have had millions of price cuts"
"Europeans are used to be raped by Sony"
"Sales are bad its playstation it should sell more"
"Why must we make exact the same threads each week"

PS3 is the motha fucking truth!

The thing is a beast over there in Europe. Let's hope for 300k in America and 60k in Japan!

DMeisterJ said:
Does anyone think it can do 9 million this year? I'm capping out at 8.75 or 8.85. But I think 9 would be a great way to start off (hopefully) the year of the PS3.

Hmmmmm i'm split wether it can, possibly but i think not, it did surprise me that it did this well so anything is possible.

The only way it can do 9 million is if its at 8.5 or higher by the end of the week. If so, it might make it to 9M.

mM

I am from the US and am alittle disappointed in the american response to ps3. Sony gave us arguably the best console ever in the ps2 and when they follow it up they are given such little support from the US. Come on fellow Americans, wake up and smell the Sony.