By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - ZOMG PS3 Passes 8 Million!!!

I'm splendid to see that the PS3 just cannot be slowed down in the Others Section of the sales. That goes to show when the software hits, we can expect the hardware to remain or be greater than what is presented to us today.

Nintendo & Sony Supporter

Best PS3 CommercialBest Wii Commercial
Around the Network
Smashchu said:
Are we going to make a stupid topic every week on how the PS3 did a little better.

The system had a 100$ price drop and it's the Holidays. People need to stop the tunnel vision.

You my friend need to understand that god knows how many people were saying Ps3 is in its dying stages, its gonna flop and crawl over a die.Now were just giving the SHIT back.

Own all Sony Stuff PS123P

Feburday 28th will be a Owner of a Wii

Currently playing: Need for Speed Pro Street

Games i own:
NEED FOR SPEED PRO STREET ,DW6 ,WARHAWK ,COD4,JUICED 2 ,RESISTANCE, MOTORSTORM

Games im lookin forward to:
UT3 (Ps3) , HAZE (Ps3) , KZ2 (Ps3) , MGS4 (Ps3) , SSBB (WII) , GT5 (Ps3) LBP (Ps3)
08 Predictions

Wii: 45,000,000
Ds: 90,000,000
PS3: 25,000,000
PSP: 40,000,000
360: 26,000,000

DMeisterJ the price drop thing won't wear off IMO. As long as the price is lower for the PS3 the demand should be higher, it wont fade out.

The Other regions lap up Sony, a price drop was all they needed to get back on the wagon I think. But it's great to hear they are finally on that wagon. Hopefully the next year exclusives can push it even further.

DMeisterJ said:
Does anyone think it can do 9 million this year? I'm capping out at 8.75 or 8.85. But I think 9 would be a great way to start off (hopefully) the year of the PS3.

no i dont think it can do 9 million,after this week the sales slow down alot

YES there was a price drop
YES there was a new model
YES this is Xmas

BUT PLZ

the PS3 is not alone
do you think this is the only system where u can play CoD4/AC/PES2008 ?
do you think it is the cheaper system ?

These numbers sales, for a 400$ console, bashed by the media as never,
ARE VERY HIGH !

Time to Work !

Around the Network

I don't think that it can do 9m this year, the chances are that it will get between 300k to 400k outside of Europe this week, which leaves it at 8.42m to 8.52m. I think the chances of it selling even 500k next week, considering that is going to sell 650k to 750k this week

Smashchu said:
Are we going to make a stupid topic every week on how the PS3 did a little better.

The system had a 100$ price drop and it's the Holidays. People need to stop the tunnel vision.

"So if a wii fanboy does it its ok, but a Ps3 fanbout its trolling."

DMeisterJ said:
@ Smashchu

But why would you want to hear any good news about Sony. You have Wario as your avatar, I can clearly see why you don't want to see Sony do well.

BIASED OMG LAIR

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

@ SeriousWB

No, I don't think it will slow down in others becasue of the price drop wearing off, I think it will keep selling what it is, but I wanted to make my point to Smashchu

So Kirby

Are you going to actually post about my topic in any of my threads, or call me biased some more?