By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Rage graphics disoppointing

Rage is running at 60 frames per second.

Around the Network

This game reminds me a lot of Fallout, except it looks like way more fun, and the graphics are way better. I agree with some that the graphics are not the best I've seen, but they're not terrible.

Classic example of people that don't understand graphics. A game that runs in 30 frames like Killzone 3, Crysis 2 (or Gears) can never be compared to a game that runs in 60 frames, like this, COD or Halo... Personally if thats Rage on 360 thats fucking impressive considering what are the alternative to open world shooters on 360? Fallout 3?

I never got how people thought it looked amazing. Winning best looking game at E3 last year was crazy, especially when you consider that Crysis 2 and Killzone 3 were playable.

Maybe it's the open world aspect of it, but even then, I'm not overly impressed. It's going to have to win me with an interesting world, great gameplay mechanics and an interesting plot if ID want my money.

Bet with Conegamer and AussieGecko that the PS3 will have more exclusives in 2011 than the Wii or 360... or something.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3879752

Looks kinda dated and reminiscent to Fallout.

Isn't this an open world game? Open world games generally don't have the most impressive visuals.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Around the Network
badgenome said:

Admittedly I don't know shit about graphics from a technical perspective, but that looks fucking good to me. I want it now!

i watched it in HD and it looked pretty good to me as well, Didn't see all those Crysis 2 type bugs either so that's probably why its not seen as a great engine.

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

After watching this, it looks better than borderlands, just without the cartoonish flare. Definitely looks better than Singularity and such. I think people are getting spoiled with visuals with Killzone, Crysis, Uncharted, GT, Forza, and Gears of War.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

ZaneWane said:

Rage is running at 60 frames per second.

Still yet to see the final product, but it seems like for consoles at least achieving 60fps may not be worth the compromises required in other visual performance departments.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

it's what happens when Carmack wants to keep his team small and still produce AAA games. I mean the game's development team has been around 30-40 people for most of the development and untill recently working on unfinished tools, the fact that they managed a game that looks as good as it does at 60fps and semi open world with such a small team is frankly mind blowing for a multiplatform game. For comparison games like uncharted 2 had teams of 200 on one platform!!! Not to mention the games you are comparing it to are linear games...

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Check out my hype threads: Cyberpunk, and The Witcher 3!

yea it looks pretty crappy...

I'm going to get it though cuz it looks like a blast! nice guns selections.

“Absolutely, we can do much more with it. I don’t know if we are even close to 50 percent of PlayStation 3’s power at this point,” said Asmussen about God of War 3.

ARE YOU KIDDING ME???