By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Rage graphics disoppointing

the only FPS this year (besides Brink) that interests me. I hope it has a huge overworld, similar to Far Cry 2. That would be sweet. MAD MAX the Video Game

Around the Network

It isn't up to par, that's for sure.

Wagram said:

That's not the only thing that is disappointing. Look at the enemy movement animations. I seen some of them sliding. I don't like the cheesy walk style of the character either.

And the AI also looks stupid. Enemies just walking into shotguns. Damn everything seems dissapointing after Killzone.

Fufinu said:
Wagram said:

That's not the only thing that is disappointing. Look at the enemy movement animations. I seen some of them sliding. I don't like the cheesy walk style of the character either.

And the AI also looks stupid. Enemies just walking into shotguns. Damn everything seems dissapointing after Killzone.

what do you expect them to do with melee weapons?

Doesn't look dissapointing to me.  I see smooth frame rate, no pop-in and what appears to be a rock solid engine.  I'll take that over titles that overreach graphically and have glitches all over the place.

Also, the AI seems fine for the enemies shown.  Not sure I'd expect albino wasteland mutants to emply advanced flanking techniques myself.

I want to see more of the driving sections, though.

Still want, even if just for old times sake.

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

Around the Network
Slimebeast said:

I don't think it looks any better than Bulletstorm, Homefront or Enslaved or any other average Unreal Engine 3 game.

Rage looks as good as Killzone 3 IMO. Won`t know for sure till I play it on my own TV though. BTW are you callign Bulletstorm and Enslaved average in the graphical department??  They are both 2 of the better looking Unreal Engine 3 games out there!

Above all else the game looks fun and that is always the deal breaker.

How our favorite systems are just like humans and sometimes have issues finding their special someone...

Xbox 360 wants to KinectPS3 wants to Move!  Why are both systems having such relationship problems?  The reason is they both become so infactuated with desire while watching the Wii as it waggles on by. They simply want what they can't have.

Official member of the Xbox 360 Squad

Fufinu said:
Wagram said:

...... :I ...... LOL Good one!

How our favorite systems are just like humans and sometimes have issues finding their special someone...

Xbox 360 wants to KinectPS3 wants to Move!  Why are both systems having such relationship problems?  The reason is they both become so infactuated with desire while watching the Wii as it waggles on by. They simply want what they can't have.

Official member of the Xbox 360 Squad

cr00mz said:
Fufinu said:
Wagram said:

See enemies in Killzone. Thye flank hide and pounce on you. And you can still melee them.

Fufinu said:
cr00mz said:
Fufinu said:
Wagram said:

See enemies in Killzone. Thye flank hide and pounce on you. And you can still melee them.

i haven't played killzone so i'm not sure but i doubt there are enemies walking around with clubs and knives, but again i could be wrong since i havent played it.

mundus6 said:

Classic example of people that don't understand graphics. A game that runs in 30 frames like Killzone 3, Crysis 2 (or Gears) can never be compared to a game that runs in 60 frames, like this, COD or Halo... Personally if thats Rage on 360 thats fucking impressive considering what are the alternative to open world shooters on 360? Fallout 3?

Since when does Halo run at 60Hz???????

On topic: I can't see anything wrong with this trailer.