By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Rage graphics disoppointing

Part shooting up freaks in the Dead City area looks very cool I think (5 minute mark):

Around the Network
badgenome said:

Admittedly I don't know shit about graphics from a technical perspective, but that looks fucking good to me. I want it now!

It looks good, but it doesn't look Doom 3 good. Seems like they're just taking too long to come up with a game that should've had a sequel by now. Not to mention, it's Bioshock Fallout (Borderlands? didn't play it), so meh. 

All of this, of course, is just my opinion.

Skyrim 100%'d. Dark Souls 100%'d. 
Dark Souls > Skyrim.
Halo 4 is the best damn FPS since Halo 3.
Proud pre-orderer of 2 PS4's and an Xbox One. 

Currently Playing: Dark Souls II, South Park
Playstation 4: MGS V GZ, Killzone: Shadow Fall, NBA 2k14.

mjk45 said:
badgenome said:

Admittedly I don't know shit about graphics from a technical perspective, but that looks fucking good to me. I want it now!

i watched it in HD and it looked pretty good to me as well, Didn't see all those Crysis 2 type bugs either so that's probably why its not seen as a great engine.

i watch it also in hd and i thought it still looked bad makes my hype for rage off my wish list also

I think people are being unfairly harsh on this game ...

Since the dawn of 3D game engines there have been games that sacrificed the number of objects on screen, the size of the environment, how dynamic the environment was, and used static lighting in order to produce better looking games. Even today may of the “Graphics Kings” are games with small static environments filled with pre-calculated static lighting running at low choppy framerates at sub HD resolutions.

If Rage is a game that is running at 60fps at a full 720p while having that many objects/enemies on screen and dynamic lighting it is an amazing technical feat.

Around the Network

While it doesn't look horrible, it definitely isn't impressive.  The most important thing, gameplay, looks kinda boring, too.  I think the max enemies I've seen on screen is 4 or 5.  Not very hectic.  Definitely made this game fall off my radar.  Think I'll get Resistance 3 instead.

Graphics are like ok...  But what boggle me, is the enemies.  It's seems like they slip on bananas and die...

Stop lying folks. That game looks better than 97% of games thats out there. It reminds me of borderlands too much though so I'm not too hyped for the game right now because borderlands was ok.