By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Battlefield 3 to be Scripted and Linear

noname2200 said:

Hasn't anyone told the author that April Fool's is over?

Yeah, well, the news was posted on the 4th, not the 1st.

Around the Network
Slimebeast said:
Barozi said:

sandbox singleplayer FPS just don't work.

S.T.A.L.K.E.R.?

the game is okay, but take out the RPG elements and it would quite honestly suck.

No reason to explore anything etc.

Barozi said:
Slimebeast said:
Barozi said:

S.T.A.L.K.E.R.?

the game is okay, but take out the RPG elements and it would quite honestly suck.

Far Cry 2?

fall out is a sandbox fps. it works. but it looks like shit.

Being in 3rd place never felt so good

Slimebeast said:
Barozi said:
Slimebeast said:
Barozi said:

S.T.A.L.K.E.R.?

Far Cry 2?

Well I wouldn't say that, but it does seem to be that the highest rated First Person Shooter games are the ones that are the least linear.  Series such as Half-Life, Halo, Metroid Prime, Bioshock, etc.  Funny when it is said to not work when indeed critics (and looking at sales of a few) and gamers tend to disagree.

But wouldn't have said either Bad Company 1 or 2 were sandbox games and any way, but more along the lines of Half-Life and Halo in that they are definitely more open in their levels which provides more ways to progress rather than a single way which contributes to linear gameplay.

Around the Network
Zucas said:
Slimebeast said:
Barozi said:
Slimebeast said:
Barozi said:

S.T.A.L.K.E.R.?

Far Cry 2?

Well I wouldn't say that, but it does seem to be that the highest rated First Person Shooter games are the ones that are the least linear.  Series such as Half-Life, Halo, Metroid Prime, Bioshock, etc.  Funny when it is said to not work when indeed critics (and looking at sales of a few) and gamers tend to disagree.

But wouldn't have said either Bad Company 1 or 2 were sandbox games and any way, but more along the lines of Half-Life and Halo in that they are definitely more open in their levels which provides more ways to progress rather than a single way which contributes to linear gameplay.

Cool, I agree but where have you been all this time? Raising your Gamerscore?

Slimebeast said:
Zucas said:

Ha I've been on everyday just cut back on posting haha.  Classes have been pretty brutal this semester so had less free time.  And if I had free time, it has been spent on 360 haha (Wii has been getting shunned lately).  So yea I guess raising gamerscore.  Playing Crysis 2 right now which is fantastic.

Zucas said:
Slimebeast said:
Zucas said:

Ha I've been on everyday just cut back on posting haha.  Classes have been pretty brutal this semester so had less free time.  And if I had free time, it has been spent on 360 haha (Wii has been getting shunned lately).  So yea I guess raising gamerscore.  Playing Crysis 2 right now which is fantastic.

But you still have time to work extra in that video game store, right?

Btw you should have listed Crysis 2 up there as an example of a less linear game together with Half-Life, Bioshock and Halo, shouldn't you? I have yet to play it but I'm very much looking forward to it.

Slimebeast said:
Zucas said:
Slimebeast said:
Zucas said:

But you still have time to work extra in that video game store, right?

Btw you should have listed Crysis 2 up there as an example of a less linear game together with Half-Life, Bioshock and Halo, shouldn't you? I have yet to play it but I'm very much looking forward to it.

Yea still working.  Only way to afford my hobby haha.  Yea Crysis 2 can definitely go in that group as levels are quite large with multiple ways to execute every firefight including avoiding them altogether (which on veteran mode comes in handy haha).  

Slimebeast said:
Barozi said:
Slimebeast said:
Barozi said:

S.T.A.L.K.E.R.?

Far Cry 2?

Hated by pretty much everyone including myself. Exactly the game I was thinking of when I wrote my post.