By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Xenoblade Chronicles/Monado (Wii) coming to Europe

MrT-Tar said:
Conegamer said:
Torillian said:

I'm curious what the release date for the localizations will be once it is finally announced.  Right now I'm assuming that both Xenoblade and TLS will come over to the states at some point but how late Xenoblade releases in the year will give a good indication of how long TLS is going to take.  My bet would be that TLS will not release in the West in 2011.

LIES!!!

Though you're probably right. Xenoblade in September, TLS in March anyone? Then likely DQX in November next year, with ToG slotted in neatly somewhere...

Not bad.

If this is true I will be forever happy.  Though I hope the announcements are spread out as I might just have a heart attack

How much more spread out do you want them? Read my previous post and make sure you have some insulin/an Ambulnce on hand

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Around the Network

finally! I was starting to believe those rumors about a Wii2 unveiling at E3

I'm pretty sure an American localization is a given, seeing as how the game is already translated to English.

Also: YAY for dual languages and subs!! that makes everybody happy

Hopefully they do the same for TLS if it comes over here (Sakaguchi said the whole Japanese version fits on one layer of DVD, so they should have no problem getting double the sound files to fit on a dual layer).

Until you've played it, every game is a system seller!

the original trolls

Wii FC: 4810 9420 3131 7558
MHTri: name=BOo BoO/ID=BZBLEX/region=US

mini-games on consoles, cinematic games on handhelds, what's next? GameBoy IMAX?

Official Member of the Pikmin Fan Club

gumby_trucker said:

finally! I was starting to believe those rumors about a Wii2 unveiling at E3

I'm pretty sure an American localization is a given, seeing as how the game is already translated to English.

Also: YAY for dual languages and subs!! that makes everybody happy

Hopefully they do the same for TLS if it comes over here (Sakaguchi said the whole Japanese version fits on one layer of DVD, so they should have no problem getting double the sound files to fit on a dual layer).

Yeah, because games like Disaster: DoC, Another Code Wii and Terranigma went over to the US

Not saying it won't happen, but considering that there were games fully translated into American English before like Disaster: DoC that never saw the light in the USA, I will have to doubt this. European confirmation of games doesn't confirm American releases. Examples: Disaster, Another Code R.

Lastly no Monolith Soft game has made it to the USA since Nintendo bought them.

I'm saying wait for confirmation before spreading the word like it was 100% confirmed.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

They can't do that of not bringing it to USA..... It will be a huge flop in EU, and only has chance of selling in America...

Around the Network
morenoingrato said:

They can't do that of not bringing it to USA..... It will be a huge flop in EU, and only has chance of selling in America...

They did with Disaster...and the same thing happened.

In EMEAA I see it selling around 300k LT, in America, around 600k LT. Making the total 1 million. You can't say fairer than that!

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Jealous!   I'd like to assume this means a NA release as well, but we've seen too many games not get released in other areas now to make those assumptions.

Here's hoping!  The Last Story and Tales of Graces too!

YES YE SYE SYE SYEY S YES!!

TROLOLOLOLOL @ NA Wii members!

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Conegamer said:
morenoingrato said:

They did with Disaster...and the same thing happened.

In EMEAA I see it selling around 300k LT, in America, around 600k LT. Making the total 1 million. You can't say fairer than that!

Those predictions seem more driven by hope than precident.  I see nothing to make me think Xenoblade will sell so much more than things like Fire Emblem and ToS2.  Hell, those predictions might be more than the Xenosaga games sold.

Soriku said:

YESSS!!! Finally. I had no doubt this would come over. Waiting for a NA announcement now.

Torillian said:
Conegamer said:
Torillian said:

I'm curious what the release date for the localizations will be once it is finally announced.  Right now I'm assuming that both Xenoblade and TLS will come over to the states at some point but how late Xenoblade releases in the year will give a good indication of how long TLS is going to take.  My bet would be that TLS will not release in the West in 2011.

LIES!!!

Though you're probably right. Xenoblade in September, TLS in March anyone? Then likely DQX in November next year, with ToG slotted in neatly somewhere...

Not bad.

I don't think there's a shot in hell for ToG, all we've seen announced for localization is ToG:F and I really have my doubts that they'll either put the work in to make the Wii version ToG:F or localize an obviously worse version of the same game at the same time.

If the game was going to be PS3 exclusive I think they would've already confirmed that and put on their site for the ToGF entry PS3 already instead of "TBA" and now "Coming soon!"

Perhaps, or maybe they just haven't decided quite yet, or they want to drum up excitement by leaving the platform unannounced for a while.  There are more explinations than just "it's multiplatform".  Hell they might be porting it to 360 for a Western release similar to FFXIII.  If I were you I'd keep your hope low.