By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - MOst overrated "thing" this gen???

MOst overrated "thing" this gen???

PS3 power (game graphics, cell etc) 151 27.06%

Xbox Live 144 25.81%

Wii (console) 114 20.43%

Other 115 20.61%

#1 and #3 11 1.97%

#1 and #2 22 3.94%

Total:557

Gamers talking about gaming on phones........really? yeah it needs to stop

not a stab at Xeperia Play because that looks legit

I am talking about stuff like the free game on Androids and iPhones, save some money and get a portable gaming machine homie >_> 

I am no good at grammar =) 

DAMN IT! This EP is such a good idea 

Around the Network

Motion controls and xbox live

ǝןdɯıs ʇı dǝǝʞ oʇ ǝʞıן ı ʍouʞ noʎ 

Ask me about being an elitist jerk

Time for hype

FPS in general, I just don't really see the appeal of them, let alone how they are among the most popular genre as of late.

mchaza said:

the kinect and call of duty rate the most overrated. Kinect has the Ipad effect, despite tablets been coming out years before the ipad as soon as the ipad was released its "Innoviative", same with Kinect, you have products like the eyetoy which is the closest example then you have many voice control and motion control camera devices. 

kinda says why kinect is innovative... if eyetoy is the closest then it is pretty damn innovative.

Ipad... kinda obvious reasons why that is innovative, it does more then most if not all tablets have done previous

Bet with Conegamer and Doobie_wop 

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3879752

Nintendo games.

The majority of them seem to be getting classed just below Sony games, when in reality we know they should be way lower.

Final Fantasy XIII being on the 360 was also hugely over rated.

Around the Network
Carl2291 said:

Nintendo games.

The majority of them seem to be getting classed just below Sony games, when in reality we know they should be way lower.

Final Fantasy XIII being on the 360 was also hugely over rated.

I really wish there was a like button lol

Online gaming for all consoles and genres. It's the bane of all gaming existance and if it is implemented next gen I could see all quality dissappearing from gaming forever.

Blu-Ray.

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

The faith people put in Metacritic. So Metacritic is overrated.

The constant butthurt fanboys relating Kinect to Eye toy despite a large gap between them, if tech does not innovate in that time, then I don't know what innovation is.

Kinect is overrated , even I think that.

COD franchise, previous is as good as the last. Most of the guns commonly used in Blops are recycled from COD4.

Red Alert 3 - Major b00bage.

Motion controls in general. That ruins gaming, for me.

The people who are predicting sales in range of 5m for new IP's, just 'cos they're exclusive to their platform of choice.(Kingdoms, Agent, TLG etc)

These threads.

The proper use of Mo instead of MO

GTA IV, I went in without many expectations and was nicely let down. Cheers.

UPDATE: BluRay, to some extent graphics, sports games, colour of the controller/gaming system, turtlebeach headset, many games.

Disconnect and self destruct, one bullet a time.

killzone
with resistance following close

I'm not a fan of halo either. But it was so much less bleh for me