By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - MOst overrated "thing" this gen???

MOst overrated "thing" this gen???

PS3 power (game graphics, cell etc) 151 27.06%

Xbox Live 144 25.81%

Wii (console) 114 20.43%

Other 115 20.61%

#1 and #3 11 1.97%

#1 and #2 22 3.94%

Total:557

Fallout 3, I just didnt like it.  I tried but, I dunno.

Oh and FPS, there is just too damn many of them now.

Tifa got MOVES!

Around the Network

Probably COD and GTAIV. They're average at best, why do they sell 10million copies AND also some of the highest rated games of all time? How? They don't deserve to be up there with Zelda and Mario Galaxy, no way

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Opinions of people online.

God this poll is ludicrous.  It's just the console warz encapsulated in a poll.  Oh internetz, you never disappoint.

u forgot to add mario to the poll

Around the Network
Chrizum said:

Opinions of people online.

You win the internetz, even if its opinions are overrated.  :P

jonager said:

u forgot to add mario to the poll

Reported for trolling

Also, teh INTERNETZ is bad...but it's not the most over-rated thing this gen...

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

VXIII said:
Mr Khan said:

WRPGs, especially anything by BioWare and Bethesda

FINALLY , I've found my soulmate

This, without the soul mate part. The only good game that either of them has made is Mass Effect.

(That's my opinion, don't take it personal folks)

I voted other - Move is seriously overrated. PS3 games play better with traditional controls.

The Carnival of Shadows - Folk Punk from Asbury Park, New Jersey

http://www.thecarnivalofshadows.com 

@conegamer  yeah because Zelda and Mario are so great!!! its not fair that any game sell as good as them. have you ever considered that maybe people like the story and open world of GTA or that they like the pretty good online of COD and it keeps them coming back for more??? things which both Mario and Zelda lack???

OT motion controls, all three of them. the Wiimote is not very accurate, motion is but has little games to support it. Move is accurate as hell, but the games are just ok, Kinect is fun, but where are the core games? All in all they havent added that much IMO. FPS are more accurate, but moving is not faster. tennis is now on rails. Motion controls just offer a different control doesnt add that much.

Live, i still cant understand why people pay for this, the only answer i got was "cause my friends do". thats pretty sad to me. The interface is cooler, ill give it that, but thats about it. Its not like the games run better online or something.

THe Wii, as a console its just ok. THe Ninty games are fine for the most part, but the 3rd party support is meh at best and at the end of the day it doesnt matter what extra thing the console can do, al that matters are the games, and unfortuanatly the Wii's library doesnt compare to the comp. IMO

FPSs and online i like them, but come on. how much of these can people play??? Even if you piss through the campaign it still takes time to level up in some games online. How much time can one devote to being decent in any given game?? Me personally i can only manage 2 (BOs & GE) and the occasional Uncharted 2 every now and then