By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - MOst overrated "thing" this gen???

MOst overrated "thing" this gen???

PS3 power (game graphics, cell etc) 151 27.06%

Xbox Live 144 25.81%

Wii (console) 114 20.43%

Other 115 20.61%

#1 and #3 11 1.97%

#1 and #2 22 3.94%

Total:557

Pretty much everything besides Metroid Prime Trilogy, Vanquish, Castle Crashers and Minecraft.

Around the Network

I don't understand why people say graphics.

Graphics are not overrated. It's the way people use them in the console wars that is overrated.

Because great graphics are always a plus and they certainly do not define this gen.

Great graphics were always important in other gens as well.

----------------

What I think is overrated this gen are motion controls of any kind. They really don't change anything to the experience once you get used to them.

DLC. It's a great idea gone wrong, and it was easy to see it was going to go wrong the moment I learned about the idea.

MGS4. The game isn't bad but its story is utterly ridiculous. In a way, it ruined the series (of course the good games in the series are still fun, it couldn't possibly ruin them).

Accessibility, cinematic games. They result in less to play, much less depth in games.

Multiplayer in _every_single_game_. There are games that don't need multiplayer and in fact are likely to suffer from multiplayer.

I think that's about it. I could probably come up with lots of other ideas as well but these should be the most important.

Boutros said:

I don't understand why people say graphics.

Graphics are not overrated. It's the way people use them in the console wars that is overrated.

Because great graphics are always a plus and they certainly do not define this gen.

Great graphics were always important in other gens as well.

----------------

What I think is overrated this gen are motion controls of any kind. They really don't change anything to the experience once you get used to them.

Thet's true. They're generally making most games worse with the occassional decent one thrown in.

angry birds. its possibly the most overrated thing ever

Around the Network

Motion controls when enforced as standart.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PSP RPG FAN CLUB

Minecraft, The Conduit, Killzone 2, Epic Mickey, NSMB Wii, Mario Kart, MGS4, Gears, Halo Reach, Forza 3, Kinect, GTA4, Alan Wake, 3DS, PS3, IPAD (1,2), Metacritic, IGN, Obama, Glen Beck, Monster Hunter, and the winners:

LADY GAGA

JUSTIN BIERBER

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)

I forgot one thing but this doesn't tie just into gaming, it ties into cinema as well. It's the defining version of all things that absolutely 100% fricken totally SUCK and it's

3DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

michael patcher

Check out my video game music blog:

http://games-and-guitars.synergize.co/

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PLAYSTATION 3 : RPG FAN CLUB

He who hesitates is lost

RolStoppable said:

Why stop at Gran Turismo 5? I say all of Sony's first party games. They routinely get put on the same or a higher level as Nintendo's games.

I don;t think Lair was put at the same, or higher quality than Nintendo games. Same goes for all of those niche PS Move launch games.