By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Is Crysis 2 the best looking console game?

Is Crysis 2 the best looking console game?

no 143 28.77%

yes 189 38.03%

no, but best xbox game 165 33.20%

Total:497
d21lewis said:

Thanks for the info, Euphoria.  I read the customer reviews, too.  I'm probabaly gonna go to Wal Mart and see if they have 'em in stock.  If not, I'll order from the link.  It's definitely a huge step up from the shitty glow in the dark controller I got from gamestop a year ago.  The price is unbelievable, too. 

No problem. I really loved the 360 controller when I had one and was actually thinking about gutting and pulling a Ben Heck and turning my DS3 into one, but then I found this and decided to save myself the work and possible and very likely case of screwing it up.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Around the Network

ive played through the full campian and it is definatly definatly not the best looking console game, parts in it are better than others like some of the lighting and interior enviroments look nice, but as a whole the visual impact compared to some other games its lacking.

game has some spectacular set peices and some good vistas, i think also it should sell quite well to boot

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

no bust best xbox game. 

Euphoria14 said:
Darc Requiem said:

Hey what kind of controller is that D21? I'd use my PS3 more if I had it instead of the atrocity that is the DS3. It looks like a 360 controller with it's one flaw fixed. Is that D-Pad as awsome as it looks?

The D-pad is clicky but it works without any issues for me.

Thanks for the info. I refuse to shop at Wal-mart but I've already found a few retailers that have it in stock on the net. I may have to snag one. It would motivate me to finish KZ2.

d21lewis said:

Thanks for the info, Euphoria.  I read the customer reviews, too.  I'm probabaly gonna go to Wal Mart and see if they have 'em in stock.  If not, I'll order from the link.  It's definitely a huge step up from the shitty glow in the dark controller I got from gamestop a year ago.  The price is unbelievable, too. 

*edit* one more question:  Are the analogs stiff like the 360 controller?  I can deal with most of the DS3's issues but those damn loose analog sticks piss me off!  The ones on the Wii and 360 (and Wavebird) offer just the right amount of resistance.  How does this controller compare?

I posted on your wall but I will post here as well since others seemed to show interest.

The sticks are not exactly as stiff as the 360 controller analogs but they are stiffer than the DS3 sticks, kind of in between both.

D-Pad isn't as good as the PS3 D-Pad but much better than the 360 D-pad. Still it is quite comparable to the PS3 D-Pad since it works very very well.

The controller is also lighter than the DS3 but a bit heavier than the Six-Axis. No idea how they pulled that off.

Only thing it is missing is the feature the Nyko Raven has, which is a button that swaps the trigger buttons, making R1 and L1 function as your R2 and L2 and vice-versa. If it had that feature it would be a pretty much full blown 360 controller in your FPS titles.

Grips are also nice if your hands sweat because the controller doesn't slip in your hands and it is comfortable.

Easily the best 3rd party PS3 controller.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Around the Network
damefan said:
osamanobama said:
daroamer said:
jhuff394 said:

HOW CAN YOU GUYS THINK THIS IS THE BEST LOOKING CONSOLE GAME LMAO

You guys hyped the graphics up for this game SOO MUCH that I went out and bought it.... but as I figured I was sadly dissapointed to see this game clearly sitting below my other recent purchase KILLZONE 3...

lol I cant see where you guys are coming up with this game beating out either killzone 3 or uncharted 2....

After that... sure Crysis 2 holds its place....

By the way.. only vote if you have both consoles... half these 360 guys have never seen a ps3 exclusive in action and desperately want to claim their console can produce the best graphics.....

So you have a 360 then?

what would that have t do with anything.

you need an xbox to play crysis?

He said only vote if you have both consoles. The 360 version is better than the PS3 version. Therefore his opinion doesn't count. Neither does yours unless you have a 360.

Not really...

i dont have a problem with people saying Crysis 2 is graphics king. I have a problem when they say its the Xbox version only that is graphics king

After playing for quite some time now, I agree that this is the best looking game on the 360 from my point of view.  I can't compare it to the PS3 exclusives because I don't have one.  But the graphics in this game make the experience all the more satisfying.  And in the end, that's all that matters for me. 

Proud owner and supporter of the YAKUZA games!

can we really quit it with the omg real time bigger bullshit, because it's bullshit, crysis 2 singleplayer is barley bigger than KZ3, and when compared to Crysis 1 it IS a corridor shooter, with 10 times less freedom, and that's JUST the single player, Killzone 3 multiplayer has maps twice the size of Crysis 2 multiplayer maps with twice the amount of players, and Killzone 2 is bigger than that, plus killzone also features split screen co-op, so spare me the it's doing more crap because it isn't, and that's even more so considering it's running sub HD, with severe performance problems in sections compare to a game running in HD with ZERO performance problems.

now I get, you guys have been waiting this entire gen to finally get a game you can compare with certain ps3 exclusives, and a game has come along that can be considered amongst those titles, it isn't blowing anything away like some of you are making it out to seem ( I can understand that considering) and if you think it's the best looking game on consoles that's totally cool, but don't lie to yourselves and everyone else by saying this game is doing anything most other games of the caliber aren't or are even capable of.

I mean ffs

and that's killzone 2....from 2009

question: will we see this amount of 360 fan jizz once RAGE (a game that I think it will not only look better, but perform better than Crysis 2 in every way) comes out?

goforgold said:

can we really quit it with the omg real time bigger bullshit, because it's bullshit, crysis 2 singleplayer is barley bigger than KZ3, and when compared to Crysis 1 it IS a corridor shooter, with 10 times less freedom, and that's JUST the single player, Killzone 3 multiplayer has maps twice the size of Crysis 2 multiplayer maps with twice the amount of players, and Killzone 2 is bigger than that, plus killzone also features split screen co-op, so spare me the it's doing more crap because it isn't, and that's even more so considering it's running sub HD, with severe performance problems in sections compare to a game running in HD with ZERO performance problems.

now I get, you guys have been waiting this entire gen to finally get a game you can compare with certain ps3 exclusives, and a game has come along that can be considered amongst those titles, it isn't blowing anything away like some of you are making it out to seem ( I can understand that considering) and if you think it's the best looking game on consoles that's totally cool, but don't lie to yourselves and everyone else by saying this game is doing anything most other games of the caliber aren't or are even capable of.

I mean ffs

question: will we see this amount of 360 fan jizz once RAGE (a game that I think it will not only look better, but perform better than Crysis 2 in every way) comes out?

Rage may have 60 fps but I think its going to be flat texture city. Every screenshot I see of rage sure it looks great but when I look at the textures there unimpressive. Killzone 2 looks great in those gifs by the way. Gif doesn't really show much. I mean look at the Crysis ones. Yes killzone 2 does look amazing at times but it’s also inconsistent. Crysis 2 is doing things other games don't do like the lighting. Look at the water compared to killzone. Yes compared to the first Crysis, C2 is tiny but it’s still bigger than killzones corridors. I'm not saying Crysis takes a shit on killzone or anything but it does look better even if it is by a tiny bit. I'm sure Uncharted 3 will make all the ps3 fanboys happy and take back the crown.

Paulwithagun said:
goforgold said:

I mean ffs

Rage may have 60 fps but I think its going to be flat texture city. Every screenshot I see of rage sure it looks great but when I look at the textures there unimpressive. Killzone 2 looks great in those gifs by the way. Gif doesn't really show much. I mean look at the Crysis ones. Yes killzone 2 does look amazing at times but it’s also inconsistent. Crysis 2 is doing things other games don't do like the lighting. Look at the water compared to killzone. Yes compared to the first Crysis, C2 is tiny but it’s still bigger than killzones corridors. I'm not saying Crysis takes a shit on killzone or anything but it does look better even if it is by a tiny bit. I'm sure Uncharted 3 will make all the ps3 fanboys happy and take back the crown.

A lot of the water in Crysis 2 is static. Puddles of water for example aren't even water but rather just textures. You can't compare it to how the raging waters appear in Killzone 3 with their gigantic waves crashing into the shoreline and creating big splashes.

Of course static water is going to look better than highly animated water.

In some cases however the water could look nice, but it is still just static and running through it could create some minor ripples, but that is about it, unless it is the puddles I mentioned.

You will notice this alot on the rooftops.

Currently playing: