By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Is Crysis 2 the best looking console game?

Is Crysis 2 the best looking console game?

no 143 28.77%

yes 189 38.03%

no, but best xbox game 165 33.20%

Total:497
damefan said:
osamanobama said:
damefan said:
osamanobama said:
damefan said:
osamanobama said:
damefan said:
osamanobama said:
damefan said:
jhuff394 said:
daroamer said:
jhuff394 said:
daroamer said:
jhuff394 said:

HOW CAN YOU GUYS 

Because someone did and it was obviously you.

I'm done arguing over PSN vs LIVE. Every sane person on here knows LIVE is better. Step back and think for a second. You actually think Sony, a hardware company, does online better than MS, one of the richest software companies in the world? Do you think Bill Gates won the lottery? MS knows software and online. PSN isn't bad, but its bad compared to LIVE. Maybe with the PS4 Sony will learn to integrate PSN better and make it easier to use. Then you will have an argument. Until then stick with the graphics arguments. You have one there.

Edit: I'm doing a 3D model of Kratos in Maya for my animation class. If I didn't have a PS3 or hated the PS3 I don't think I would have chosen him. I'll show you next month when I'm done.

no i asked how can you tell SOMEONE reported you.

for bolded:

Yeah.

Around the Network
damefan said:
Euphoria14 said:

I am also 5 chapters in, I think it is called Lab Rat or something. Might even be the level afterwards. I recently finished the battle against the helicopter. 

I have seen little to no enemy variety, just a few of those initial alien things with the exposed jelly that you shoot, Cell soldiers and ugly bugs that crawl on the ground.

About the same amount of variety that Killzone offers.

That's good then. Hopefully I will see different ones soon.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

osamanobama said:
damefan said:
osamanobama said:
damefan said:
osamanobama said:
damefan said:
osamanobama said:
damefan said:
osamanobama said:
damefan said:
jhuff394 said:
daroamer said:
jhuff394 said:
daroamer said:
jhuff394 said:

HOW CAN YOU GUYS 

sorry i meant netflix supports 1080 only on ps3, not xbox. no it doesnt play online games better, they r exacltly the same. play call of duty on psn then live and tell me if you can tell the difference. also psn has part chat too. at you can also mute any one you dont want to talk to. and why the hell would you want to talk to someone not playing you game (though that is the thing i mentioned live has the psn doesnt). yes propreitary even the wireless one is. but way to lie again, xbox doesnt have blue tooth.

im talking play create share. also please prove to me that you could play FFXI with pc. and did you not listen to anything Gabe Newell said, portal for xbox doesnt have steam becasue he cant, live wont let him.

when did i say my cable bill is $60 year?

Well its hard to translate your English and what I read was you said your cable bill was lower than Xbox LIVE. PSN does not have party chat dude stop lying. Party chat is not talking to your friends when you are in the same lobby in a game. Party chat is a private chat where you talk to your friends and nobody else can hear or talk back unless they are in your party. PSN doesn't even have a functional private chat. You have to go to some stupid chat room like its 2001 and can't mess around on the dashboard. They might as well just remove that feature since its worthless.

If you have a fast enough internet to stream 1080p I'm impressed. There are very few who do. 1080p and 720p are not distinguishable to the human eye unless your tv is over 46" or you are closer than 4ft. Don't care if I can only stream up to 720p.

Yes I can tell the difference between PSN and LIVE playing Call of Duty. There are 3 ways I can tell: No party chat, controller is different, and PSN players are much worse than LIVE players. My friend who is terrible actually has a positive KDR on PSN.

I never said LIVE had bluetooth. I said it has a wireless mic that works as well as a bluetooth mic (actually better becaues there isn't background noise like PSN).

You're not going to win this argument. There are many many people who know and like LIVE better and given the choice if both were free every single person would pick LIVE. It offers more and works better.

Earlier I didn't respond to you saying that PSN was just as fast as LIVE in updates and downloads. No dude its not. As I said I have both a PS3 and 360 and the 360 updates miles faster. Longest I've ever had to wait for an update on the 360 is around 15 minutes to download the new dashboard. A complete overhaul. I've had to wait hours on PSN before. In fact it took 2 hours to completely update Uncharted 2 to my new PS3.

its also 1080i. and you dont need a very big TV (but i do its 73") and not all games have party chat, its dependent upon the game. you clearly dont know any thngabout mics or bluetooth. the only way you cancel out background niose is if you mic does it, Iwhich 99% do. and very well, thats why bluetooth is used for phones.

i played MW2 on my brotherin laws xbox, had a 3.5 KDR, when my psn is just 2.2. sooo....

i also prefure not having to buy batteries for my remote, so im glad i dont have the xbox remote.

also you lie again. updates have everything to do with internet speed. the only reason one would take longer than the other is due to the size of the file (MB and GB).

and updates dont happen once a week, at max once a month. also the only reason uncharted 2 would take that long is becasue you have really slow internet and you hadnt played it for months, and you were on version 1.01 and you updated it to 1.09. also uncharted doesnt have an install, so if you were talking about that.....

As I mentioned earlier that in order to cancel out background noise on PSN myself and everyone else would have to buy a $100 bluetooth headset when LIVE does it automatically. The voice chat is a lot clearer on LIVE. They even had a recent update to make it even more clear than what it already was. Its almost perfect now. Phone quality.

Secondly I have rechargeable battery packs for my controller so I don't need to buy batteries, but I agree that was a good built in feature for the PS3 until the controller doesn't charge anymore and you have to buy a whole controller instead of just buying a battery pack.

Third yes I was at 1.01 and it updated to 1.09 but that is no excuse to have to wait 2 hours to play a damn game.

osamanobama said:
damefan said:
osamanobama said:
damefan said:
osamanobama said:
damefan said:
osamanobama said:
damefan said:
osamanobama said:
damefan said:
jhuff394 said:
daroamer said:
jhuff394 said:
daroamer said:
jhuff394 said:

HOW CAN YOU GUYS 

I'm done arguing over PSN vs LIVE. Every sane person on here knows LIVE is better. Step back and think for a second. You actually think Sony, a hardware company, does online better than MS, one of the richest software companies in the world? Do you think Bill Gates won the lottery? MS knows software and online. PSN isn't bad, but its bad compared to LIVE. Maybe with the PS4 Sony will learn to integrate PSN better and make it easier to use. Then you will have an argument. Until then stick with the graphics arguments. You have one there.

Edit: I'm doing a 3D model of Kratos in Maya for my animation class. If I didn't have a PS3 or hated the PS3 I don't think I would have chosen him. I'll show you next month when I'm done.

for bolded:

Yeah.

Because I got a warning about a comment directed at you.

You may think PSN is better but its not. FInal word on that. This topic has been brought up many times on this site and the overwhelming verdict is LIVE is better but PSN is free. If you don't want to pay then thats your perogative but to think the PSN, a free service, is better than LIVE is just ignorant.

Don't believe me? Start a thread and see what the verdict is.

damefan said:
osamanobama said:
damefan said:
osamanobama said:
damefan said:
osamanobama said:
damefan said:
osamanobama said:
damefan said:
osamanobama said:
damefan said:
jhuff394 said:
daroamer said:
jhuff394 said:
daroamer said:
jhuff394 said:

HOW CAN YOU GUYS 

sorry i meant netflix supports 1080 only on ps3, not xbox. no it doesnt play online games better, they r exacltly the same. play call of duty on psn then live and tell me if you can tell the difference. also psn has part chat too. at you can also mute any one you dont want to talk to. and why the hell would you want to talk to someone not playing you game (though that is the thing i mentioned live has the psn doesnt). yes propreitary even the wireless one is. but way to lie again, xbox doesnt have blue tooth.

im talking play create share. also please prove to me that you could play FFXI with pc. and did you not listen to anything Gabe Newell said, portal for xbox doesnt have steam becasue he cant, live wont let him.

when did i say my cable bill is $60 year?

Well its hard to translate your English and what I read was you said your cable bill was lower than Xbox LIVE. PSN does not have party chat dude stop lying. Party chat is not talking to your friends when you are in the same lobby in a game. Party chat is a private chat where you talk to your friends and nobody else can hear or talk back unless they are in your party. PSN doesn't even have a functional private chat. You have to go to some stupid chat room like its 2001 and can't mess around on the dashboard. They might as well just remove that feature since its worthless.

If you have a fast enough internet to stream 1080p I'm impressed. There are very few who do. 1080p and 720p are not distinguishable to the human eye unless your tv is over 46" or you are closer than 4ft. Don't care if I can only stream up to 720p.

Yes I can tell the difference between PSN and LIVE playing Call of Duty. There are 3 ways I can tell: No party chat, controller is different, and PSN players are much worse than LIVE players. My friend who is terrible actually has a positive KDR on PSN.

I never said LIVE had bluetooth. I said it has a wireless mic that works as well as a bluetooth mic (actually better becaues there isn't background noise like PSN).

You're not going to win this argument. There are many many people who know and like LIVE better and given the choice if both were free every single person would pick LIVE. It offers more and works better.

Earlier I didn't respond to you saying that PSN was just as fast as LIVE in updates and downloads. No dude its not. As I said I have both a PS3 and 360 and the 360 updates miles faster. Longest I've ever had to wait for an update on the 360 is around 15 minutes to download the new dashboard. A complete overhaul. I've had to wait hours on PSN before. In fact it took 2 hours to completely update Uncharted 2 to my new PS3.

its also 1080i. and you dont need a very big TV (but i do its 73") and not all games have party chat, its dependent upon the game. you clearly dont know any thngabout mics or bluetooth. the only way you cancel out background niose is if you mic does it, Iwhich 99% do. and very well, thats why bluetooth is used for phones.

i played MW2 on my brotherin laws xbox, had a 3.5 KDR, when my psn is just 2.2. sooo....

i also prefure not having to buy batteries for my remote, so im glad i dont have the xbox remote.

also you lie again. updates have everything to do with internet speed. the only reason one would take longer than the other is due to the size of the file (MB and GB).

and updates dont happen once a week, at max once a month. also the only reason uncharted 2 would take that long is becasue you have really slow internet and you hadnt played it for months, and you were on version 1.01 and you updated it to 1.09. also uncharted doesnt have an install, so if you were talking about that.....

As I mentioned earlier that in order to cancel out background noise on PSN myself and everyone else would have to buy a $100 bluetooth headset when LIVE does it automatically. The voice chat is a lot clearer on LIVE. They even had a recent update to make it even more clear than what it already was. Its almost perfect now. Phone quality.

Secondly I have rechargeable battery packs for my controller so I don't need to buy batteries, but I agree that was a good built in feature for the PS3 until the controller doesn't charge anymore and you have to buy a whole controller instead of just buying a battery pack.

Third yes I was at 1.01 and it updated to 1.09 but that is no excuse to have to wait 2 hours to play a damn game.

again what blutooth set costs that much.

my old $7 USB mic had noise cancellastion. so does my new $28 blue tooth, and so does the official sony one. all of my non $100 mics have been phone quality

and you paid extra for the battery packs. 

you internet is slow, and or your harddisk is very very full

Around the Network
damefan said:
osamanobama said:
damefan said:
osamanobama said:
damefan said:
osamanobama said:
damefan said:
osamanobama said:
damefan said:
osamanobama said:
damefan said:
jhuff394 said:
daroamer said:
jhuff394 said:
daroamer said:
jhuff394 said:

HOW CAN YOU GUYS 

for bolded:

Yeah.

Because I got a warning about a comment directed at you.

You may think PSN is better but its not. FInal word on that. This topic has been brought up many times on this site and the overwhelming verdict is LIVE is better but PSN is free. If you don't want to pay then thats your perogative but to think the PSN, a free service, is better than LIVE is just ignorant.

Don't believe me? Start a thread and see what the verdict is.

fully intend to

How you like my PS3 controller? The USB dongle is cool because it has a USB slot on the front so it doesn't take up one of the USB ports on your PS3. It also came with a USB cable because it is rechargable. This model also has full six axis capabilities too. It is pretty much a 360 controller with sixaxis built in.

I figured since the thread is so off-topic I should go ahead and post the controller I use for my FPS games.

My other controller that I use for most other titles looks like this.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Euphoria14 said:

How you like my PS3 controller? The USB dongle is cool because it has a USB slot on the front so it doesn't take up one of the USB ports on your PS3. It also came with a USB cable because it is rechargable. This model also has full six axis capabilities too. It is pretty much a 360 controller with sixaxis built in.

I figured since the thread is so off-topic I should go ahead and post the controller I use for my FPS games.

love the shape/

hate the stick placement, and that its concave.

also Dpad looks inferior.

if it were the same just with normal convex stick placement and better d pad. it looks awesome

osamanobama said:
Euphoria14 said:

love the shape/

if it were the same just with normal convex stick placement and better d pad. it looks awesome

Shape of it is just like a 360 controller. Only difference is that it does not have the bulge in the back.

Stick placement is just like a 360 controller, same goes for them being concave.

D-Pad is a bit clicky, not as good as the Dualshock D-pad but still works pretty well.

Best thing about it is that it costs $45.

Currently playing:

osamanobama said:
Euphoria14 said:

love the shape/

So you hate thumbsticks that fit your thumbs? Or do you have some concave thumb disease and the convex shape of the PS3 sticks work better?