By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Is Crysis 2 the best looking console game?

Is Crysis 2 the best looking console game?

no 143 28.77%

yes 189 38.03%

no, but best xbox game 165 33.20%

Total:497
damefan said:
osamanobama said:
damefan said:
osamanobama said:
damefan said:
jhuff394 said:
daroamer said:
jhuff394 said:
daroamer said:
jhuff394 said:

HOW CAN YOU GUYS 

1) again an abscure statement that xbox users say all the time, with nothing to back it up

2)already mentioned that was a pro for it, the only thing it has goin for it. and psn has chat, so unless you really want to talk to someone playing another game, it really isnt even a factor.

3)again a falsity that xbox users love to say. that is completely dependant upon your internet speed. nut nice try

4) completely opinion, they share 90% of their titles. and tons of psn exlusives like flight control, wipeout, echochrome, etc.

5)psn has last.fm and espn (as i mentioned). through the web browser which isnt great, but still performs adequately, and id still rather have it than not. plus it has netlix, hulu, vudoo, mlb.tv, nhl network. all at no additional fee.

resistance, warhawk, many more, and just because youre a biased xbox owner doesnt mean either killzone or mag are terrible. reviews, and people on this site, strongly disagree with you. and just becasue you dont like the games, doesnt mean dedicated servers arent as good p2p. becasue its vastly superior, and youre paying microsoft to use your own internet, that u already pay for.

and theres a reason pc users who have a way better network than both psn and live dont pay for it. because they know they would be getting scammed.

also dont pretend like u own a ps3, your only lying to yourself.

heres some more anecdotal evidence. i know 3 people personally who own both systems, and used to pay for live, but now dont becasue they realize psn is superior

Then they are delusional because PSN does nothing better than LIVE but LIVE does everything better than PSN. You can compare the 2 because they have similar features but LIVE has more and does it better. Its not an argument. Your only argument is one is free and has an internet browser (a really crappy one). If you can't afford $60 a year then you need to stop worrying about games and worry about your economical situation.

You don't believe I have a PS3? Then look up my PSN ID: WhamBamThanxSam...I have God of War III, God of War Collection, UC1, UC2, Demon's Souls, Metal Gear Solid 4 (waste of $10 most overrated movie I mean game of all time) and Killzone 3 on my trophy collection (traded it in cause multiplayer was bad).

Just because I'm not up Sony's ass like you doesn't mean I don't have a PS3. You have no idea what LIVE has to offer and how it compares to PSN because you don't have it. If PSN was superior then why do people still pay for LIVE? Why does the 360 have a larger userbase online for multiplats then PSN?

what does live do better. netflix is in hd with 5.1 surround sound on ps3. does xbox have vudoo, does it have mlb.tv, does it have nhl network. NO. does it do dedicated servers better. NO. does it play any online game better. NO. games like call of duty or whatever, play exactly the same. is voice chat any better. NO. infact it forces you to use a proprietary headset, psn lets u choose any u want. 

also xbox live is very very closed, thats why portal doent get them same features on xbl and psn. also xbox forces developers to charge for dlc, vavle doesnt want to. thats why psn will get steam integration, free dlc, and quiker updates. also the play create share games like little big planet would npt be possible on the closed network Live.

$60 os more than a new game costs (on amazon) its more than my cable bill. and its still a charge to access your own internet, and get access to the other half of the $60 game you just purchased.

and no other network charges, not even Steam, which is by far the best with the most features.

theres a reason the paid version of windows live failed soo miserably. pc gamers knew they were getting ripped off. and refused to pay to play

edit: no i dont have plus. but it still wouldnt make me a hypocrite because it has nothing to do with online play or forcing you to pay to connect to the internet you already pay for. all it is is early access to games and demos, discounts, and free stuff.

also you lie. you get to keep all the stuff you purchased or downloaded with psn plus. the only stuff you dont get to keep, is the free stuff, everything else you keep. and still plus is cheaper (and optional) than live

edit again: you lie again voice chat quality is superior on psn. blutooth mic have higher quality than the xbox proprietary ones. also where the hell do you get $100 bluetooth piece from that twice as expensive as the official sony one. most are around 10-$20. also you can get really cheap USB ones if youd like, or go all out and get one that uses radio waves

Around the Network
Euphoria14 said:

What is the difference between Last.FM and something like Pandora? I know I can access both through the PS3 browser but I haven't tried Last.FM.

Well they are very similar. Last.FM you listen to music commercial free and select what genres you like, musicians, etc and can make playlists and stuff. I think it can be controlled through Kinect as well.  I know there are a lot of things you can access through the PSN browser but the point I was trying to get across to numbskull above you was the integration of LIVE. Last.FM, ESPN, Facebook, etc are tabs on the interface that you instantly go to. Its like an App for the Iphone. Sure you can use the browser instead of an App but an App is quicker and more convenient.

The graphics look great, but I will never claim a graphics king it is to hard to tell. I cannot help but bitch about the screen tearing constant pop ins and some of the dumbest AI I have seen in a a game that is actually good.

I am barely in the game and I have seen the AI fall off a building without help. Try running through a vent were I was able to shoot their feet, but they just kept coming at me. I died at the same part and this time a guy succeded in running through the vent.

I can say it looks great, but they sacrificed some extra polishing for great graphics. Oh and I forgot the framerate slowed down so bad the game froze. Have not seen this many bugs since Fallout: New Vegas and I still like both games.

After I beat KZ3 which I already own (but am waiting to play coop) all probably share whether i think the game not only looks better or worse, but if it contains as many bugs. PEACE.

osamanobama said:
damefan said:
osamanobama said:
damefan said:
osamanobama said:
damefan said:
jhuff394 said:
daroamer said:
jhuff394 said:
daroamer said:
jhuff394 said:

HOW CAN YOU GUYS 

1) again an abscure statement that xbox users say all the time, with nothing to back it up

2)already mentioned that was a pro for it, the only thing it has goin for it. and psn has chat, so unless you really want to talk to someone playing another game, it really isnt even a factor.

3)again a falsity that xbox users love to say. that is completely dependant upon your internet speed. nut nice try

4) completely opinion, they share 90% of their titles. and tons of psn exlusives like flight control, wipeout, echochrome, etc.

5)psn has last.fm and espn (as i mentioned). through the web browser which isnt great, but still performs adequately, and id still rather have it than not. plus it has netlix, hulu, vudoo, mlb.tv, nhl network. all at no additional fee.

resistance, warhawk, many more, and just because youre a biased xbox owner doesnt mean either killzone or mag are terrible. reviews, and people on this site, strongly disagree with you. and just becasue you dont like the games, doesnt mean dedicated servers arent as good p2p. becasue its vastly superior, and youre paying microsoft to use your own internet, that u already pay for.

and theres a reason pc users who have a way better network than both psn and live dont pay for it. because they know they would be getting scammed.

heres some more anecdotal evidence. i know 3 people personally who own both systems, and used to pay for live, but now dont becasue they realize psn is superior

Then they are delusional because PSN does nothing better than LIVE but LIVE does everything better than PSN. You can compare the 2 because they have similar features but LIVE has more and does it better. Its not an argument. Your only argument is one is free and has an internet browser (a really crappy one). If you can't afford $60 a year then you need to stop worrying about games and worry about your economical situation.

You don't believe I have a PS3? Then look up my PSN ID: WhamBamThanxSam...I have God of War III, God of War Collection, UC1, UC2, Demon's Souls, Metal Gear Solid 4 (waste of $10 most overrated movie I mean game of all time) and Killzone 3 on my trophy collection (traded it in cause multiplayer was bad).

Just because I'm not up Sony's ass like you doesn't mean I don't have a PS3. You have no idea what LIVE has to offer and how it compares to PSN because you don't have it. If PSN was superior then why do people still pay for LIVE? Why does the 360 have a larger userbase online for multiplats then PSN?

what does live do better. netflix is in hd with 5.1 surround sound on ps3. does xbox have vudoo, does it have mlb.tv, does it have nhl network. NO. does it do dedicated servers better. NO. does it play any online game better. NO. games like call of duty or whatever, play exactly the same. is voice chat any better. NO. infact it forces you to use a proprietary headset, psn lets u choose any u want. 

also xbox live is very very closed, thats why portal doent get them same features on xbl and psn. also xbox forces developers to charge for dlc, vavle doesnt want to. thats why psn will get steam integration, free dlc, and quiker updates. also the play create share games like little big planet would npt be possible on the closed network Live.

$60 os more than a new game costs (on amazon) its more than my cable bill. and its still a charge to access your own internet, and get access to the other half of the $60 game you just purchased.

and no other network charges, not even Steam, which is by far the best with the most features.

theres a reason the paid version of windows live failed soo miserably. pc gamers knew they were getting ripped off. and refused to pay to play

Your argument is void. You're using stuff you can access through the browser which has crappy quality. Netflix is in HD with 5.1 surround sound and instant streaming. Nice try with that one. Yes it does play online games better. Its called party chat which I can use while playing with my friends and not listen to racist 10 year olds screaming in the mic. Voice chat as I mentioned earlier is better because of party chat, cross game chat, and much clearer chat. I can hear every single background noise when I play on PSN. And a propietary headset? That is your argument? Its a free headset that comes with every Xbox. Try a different argument. 360 has wireless mics that work just as well as Bluetooth if someone is so inclined to buy one.

Little Big Planet wouldn't work on LIVE? Who told you this nonsense. Ever hear of Final Fantasy 11? Yeah it was cross platform  MMO on Xbox LIVE that didn't need a gold subscription to play. Guess that theory is gone huh?

Once again its $60 A YEAR. Your cable bill is not less than $60 a year. Maybe $60 a month. Nice try though.

Edit: I see you've reported me. I hope you never leave your sheltered existance to explore the real world because if what I've typed on here hurts your feelings you won't survive 5 minutes outside.

How'd this turn into Live vs PSN?  Oh, and Live is still better.  You make the thread.  I'll bring the argument.

Around the Network
d21lewis said:

How'd this turn into Live vs PSN?  Oh, and Live is still better.  You make the thread.  I'll bring the argument.

I agree, but it better be when you have to pay. :P

chocoloco said:

The graphics look great, but I will never claim a graphics king it is to hard to tell. I cannot help but bitch about the screen tearing constant pop ins and some of the dumbest AI I have seen in a a game that is actually good.

I am barely in the game and I have seen the AI fall off building without help. Try running throu a vent were I was able to shoot their feet, but they still kept coming at me. I died at the same part and this time a guy succeded in running through the vent that time.

I can say it looks great, but they sacrificed some extra polishing for great graphics. Oh and I forgot the framerate slowed down so bad the game froze. Have not seen this many bugs since Fallout: New Vegas and I still like both games.

After I beat KZ3 which I own all probably share whether i think the game not only looks better or worse, but if it contains as many bugs. PEACE.

Oh yeah, I bet I've got you beat.

I turned a corner and saw 3 enemies stuck knee deep in the ground and unable to do anything. Made my trophy for "Kill 2 enemies with 1 shot" super easy. I thought maybe the aliens killed them, cut off their legs and placed them in a line or something, but I doubt it. When I shot the bullet that pierced all 3 of them they shot up out of the ground and backwards.

Plus I was getting ready to snipe some dude standing on a tank and watched as his legs did not move and he floated left and right, in the air next to the top of the tank, lol!

I've seen enemies get stuck in walls and running in place as well. I loved when I first started playing, in what looked to be underground parking and stealth killed an enemy and he fell down and got stuck inside a chunk of concrete and started squirming like he was having a seizure.

It also looks weird if you look at the ground and watch your character walk. Doesn't look like he is touching the ground.

Game is really fun though.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

damefan said:
osamanobama said:
damefan said:
osamanobama said:
damefan said:
osamanobama said:
damefan said:
jhuff394 said:
daroamer said:
jhuff394 said:
daroamer said:
jhuff394 said:

HOW CAN YOU GUYS 

Your argument is void. You're using stuff you can access through the browser which has crappy quality. Netflix is in HD with 5.1 surround sound and instant streaming. Nice try with that one. Yes it does play online games better. Its called party chat which I can use while playing with my friends and not listen to racist 10 year olds screaming in the mic. Voice chat as I mentioned earlier is better because of party chat, cross game chat, and much clearer chat. I can hear every single background noise when I play on PSN. And a propietary headset? That is your argument? Its a free headset that comes with every Xbox. Try a different argument. 360 has wireless mics that work just as well as Bluetooth if someone is so inclined to buy one.

Little Big Planet wouldn't work on LIVE? Who told you this nonsense. Ever hear of Final Fantasy 11? Yeah it was cross platform  MMO on Xbox LIVE that didn't need a gold subscription to play. Guess that theory is gone huh?

Once again its $60 A YEAR. Your cable bill is not less than $60 a year. Maybe $60 a month. Nice try though.

sorry i meant netflix supports 1080 only on ps3, not xbox. no it doesnt play online games better, they r exacltly the same. play call of duty on psn then live and tell me if you can tell the difference. also psn has part chat too. at you can also mute any one you dont want to talk to. and why the hell would you want to talk to someone not playing you game (though that is the thing i mentioned live has the psn doesnt). yes propreitary even the wireless one is. but way to lie again, xbox doesnt have blue tooth.

im talking play create share. also please prove to me that you could play FFXI with pc. and did you not listen to anything Gabe Newell said, portal for xbox doesnt have steam becasue he cant, live wont let him.

when did i say my cable bill is $60 year?

Euphoria14 said:
chocoloco said:

I am barely in the game and I have seen the AI fall off building without help. Try running throu a vent were I was able to shoot their feet, but they still kept coming at me. I died at the same part and this time a guy succeded in running through the vent that time.

After I beat KZ3 which I own all probably share whether i think the game not only looks better or worse, but if it contains as many bugs. PEACE.

Oh yeah, I bet I've got you beat.

I turned a corner and saw 3 enemies stuck knee deep in the ground and unable to do anything. Made my trophy for "Kill 2 enemies with 1 shot" super easy. I thought maybe the aliens killed them, cut off their legs and placed them in a line or something, but I doubt it. When I shot the bullet that pierced all 3 of them they shot up out of the ground and backwards.

Plus I was getting ready to snipe some dude standing on a tank and watched as his legs did not move and he floated left and right, in the air next to the top of the tank, lol!

I've seen enemies get stuck in walls and running in place as well.

Game is really fun though.

I will share more funny glitches if I find them, since I just barely started.

*High five* for your great story on owning that game and getting that trophy.

osamanobama said:

PC gamers won't pay for going online, but the community is more of the reason why people pay for Live.  If your friends are on it you will want to get on it too, and they make the social stuff streamlined w/ the party chat and the sending/receiving invites/messages wherever you are.

It's also where the better players are for the major FPSs, the controller is better, people have mics, and the usercount is higher so there is no trouble getting in games.  Yeah, PS3 has exclusive shooters too but the playercount is anemic compared to the powerhouses and no one outside of PS3 users care, most of them are playing COD anyways.  BTW, it's indisputable that the better FPS playerbase is on Live, no PS3s used in MLG except for fighting games.

So to a lot of people, it's worth the $5 a month to get access to that, kind of like paying for CEVO.  Devs like it too, cause they don't get charged for bandwidth.  It may be more closed, but it provides more consistency for the overall experience.