By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - CNN Reviews 3DS, says "No match to iPhone"

http://money.cnn.com/video/technology/2011/03/23/t-tt-nintendo-3ds-review.fortune/

Ugh.... he bugs me SO much!

And the errors... O_O

Around the Network

Its not suppose to be a Iphone so why would it match it. Same works vice versa. Iphone is no match to the DS/PSP/3DS and wont be NGP.

He's a hardcore gamer who grew up on Halo and has apparently never heard of the DS.

"you can't download for it" "grassroots developers can't develop for it"

Geez, thats pretty much the worst fail statement right there, but theres alot of IPhone fanboyism in there.

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

badgenome said:

He's a hardcore gamer who grew up on Halo and has apparently never heard of the DS.

He said he was hardcore... why would he have a DS.... >_>

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

Around the Network
NiKKoM said:
badgenome said:

You can't be hardcore without playing the best version of Front Mission.

That's like saying a 3* michelin meal isn't the same as a big mac. Yes, they feed you, but they're totally different markets, so they can't be compared

I'll take my own opinions and the fact that almost every site loves the system when I get mine in under 2 hours

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Even though the guy is an arrogant ass he does bring up one valid point. The price tag of the 3DS is pretty hefty. There are a ot of handhelds out there now including the DS, the PSP, the iPhone, etc....

Will it sell as well as previous ones? Only time will tell but I honestly don't think it will be as monstrous as the DS which is still a damn monster.

badgenome said:
NiKKoM said:
badgenome said:

You can't be hardcore without playing the best version of Front Mission.

Come on... thats not fair... he wasn't even born when Front Mission DS was released in 2007... he said he grew up with Halo... ....Reach..

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

Conegamer said:

That's like saying a 3* michelin meal isn't the same as a big mac. Yes, they feed you, but they're totally different markets, so they can't be compared

I'll take my own opinions and the fact that almost every site loves the system when I get mine in under 2 hours

Ok wait, are you saying Apples products are made from the finest quality ingredients? Ive got some bad news man.

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.