By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - CNN Reviews 3DS, says "No match to iPhone"

psrock said:
Acevil said:

I love it, this is exactly what the DS faced, and look where that ended up being.

Seriously Nintendo needs people like this to exist, so they can prove them wrong, and plus it is these individuals that make us laugh, years after.

Sony and Nintendo, keep up the good work, as long as you exist, I will continue loving handheld gaming. 

Also one thing I will add, ANDROID IS MORE OF A MARKET LEADER AND WILL CONTINUE TO BE MARKET LEADER FOR THE NEAR FUTURE....STOP ACTING LIKE APPLE IS LEADER OF THE MOBILE MARKET. That is all.  

What does Android is the leader of? 

The smart phone market

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

Around the Network

That review vid was comedy gold. 

MaxwellGT2000 said:
dany612 said:

'In an age when Apple dominates..' LOL WHAT? The DS has outsold the iPhone. I also believe that it is no longer has the largest phone base in operating sytem (read that somewhere) and now it's the Android. So saying the iPhone will affect the 3DS is a bit ignorant from his part.

'Haven't seen a cartage since the Gameboy' haha 

This adds to my thread: 'Why does the media worship Apple'

I do wonder this myself, what is the obsession?  Macbooks get a lot of talk despite not being the top of the notebook sales, iPhone has been over taken by Android, and iPad has been outdone by tablet PCs for ages before it even released! 

I guess it's like the video game media and PS3 and 360, it doesn't really matter what is hyped cause these bozos have no major influence over the market, they'll just sell the product to a small sector of people and that's it.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=126241&page=1

^^go there if you haven't yet. Great discussions.

MaxwellGT2000 said:
psrock said:
Acevil said:

I love it, this is exactly what the DS faced, and look where that ended up being.

Seriously Nintendo needs people like this to exist, so they can prove them wrong, and plus it is these individuals that make us laugh, years after.

Sony and Nintendo, keep up the good work, as long as you exist, I will continue loving handheld gaming. 

Also one thing I will add, ANDROID IS MORE OF A MARKET LEADER AND WILL CONTINUE TO BE MARKET LEADER FOR THE NEAR FUTURE....STOP ACTING LIKE APPLE IS LEADER OF THE MOBILE MARKET. That is all.  

The smart phone market

I own the Evo 4G Maxwell, Android is way way way behind when it comes to games. 

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
RCTjunkie said:
psrock said:
RCTjunkie said:
psrock said:
RCTjunkie said:
psrock said:
Acevil said:

Grammar.

Look at your OP, lol

But that was intentional to get attention. ;)

no, you seemed to be very upset in the OP, almost crying.

You caught me. I have lots of emotional distress because of one semi-negative 3DS review... ;_;

sarcasm, at me, lol.

You were upset, almost like "iGN hates Nintendo" upset. 

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
Around the Network

He's getting eaten alive on Twitter right now.

https://twitter.com/#!/JPManga

JP Mangalindan

playing around with the white iPad 2. Love. It.

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

The problem I have about Iphone/Ipad vs 3DS/NPG debat is that the big debate stems more from the distinct promotion and distribution of games on the Iphone/Ipad rather than the actual games or hardware distinctions. the cheap digital distribution is nothing unique and can easily be copied by the PSN and 3DSWare. I just feel there is more than enough people in the world for every gaming system to succeed and arguing about how much one gaming system is better than another just isn't helping the industry as a whole.

"hardcore gamers, like me for instance, who grew up on Halo"

3DS Friend Code:   4596-9822-6909

Man you can tell this guy is obviously not a gamer and if he is he doesn't know crap about the industry or a gaming device of this magnitude.

He grew up on Halo? That alone tells you he's not a gamer, when someone says they grew up on something they are talking their childhood years to early teens. This guy did not look like a teenager. Halo came out in 2001, I was already 13 and I barely consider Halo to be what I grew up on. I say Mario or Sonic. This guy obviously wanted to target the non-Nintendo players in this review aiming instead at Microsoft fans or Sony fans.

Two of his biggest problem's the cartridge and the stylus. He talks about cartridges having not been used in ages, well guess what buddy the cartridge is alot like flash memory and flash memory (A form of cartridge) is still used today in many or most devices.

Stylus he's right not many devices use stylus these days. But anybody who plays games knows that the finger prints and damage to the screen done by your fingers is not good. Plus a stylus is far more accurate when playing video games. Your fingers are huge and require a larger screen to comfortably play. Sacraficing accuracy and screen quality doesn't make sense.

The battery life , absolutely its pretty bad that it has a 3-hour battery life but for the first 3D device and at an affordable price the battery life is understandable. So no arguments their.

The head aches and cross eyed effect, I wonder if he actually played the device and had those symptoms or just talked about them because he's heard some people have them? People here on VGChartz aren't complaining about head aches and cross eyed feelings. The device has been out in Japan for almost a month and Manuel and others have not complained about head aches or sick symptoms.

I find it funny that this guy thinks he's qualified to review a games console? I mean comparing a games console to a smart phone is just not logical the two devices may both play a form of game but the I-Phone is in no way a games device like Nintendo makes!

He was fairly negative I don't give his writing much credit!

-JC7

"In God We Trust - In Games We Play " - Joel Reimer

American firms.. back up americans firms..(us i bankrupt, but they are also in big debt to the asian. so they are to scared to say bye american, becourse china then will be mad)

And this:  "No match to iPhone" must be a joke.. the big selling point is glassesfree 3d...  and the i thing can't do that..